Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a question. Someone in my family, she is very religious so I didn't take to much concern to the post, but it was a picture saying that Israel is telling its citizens to prepare for a 7 week war. It seemed odd to that the "war" had a timeline. Anyway, is this really true? That they are going to war for sure? I mean for as long as I can remember there has always been rocket fire between Gaza and Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkusagi View Post
    I have a question. Someone in my family, she is very religious so I didn't take to much concern to the post, but it was a picture saying that Israel is telling its citizens to prepare for a 7 week war. It seemed odd to that the "war" had a timeline. Anyway, is this really true? That they are going to war for sure? I mean for as long as I can remember there has always been rocket fire between Gaza and Israel.
    may be egypt and possibly some other nations though.... 7 weeks seems rather long
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    You have no arguments, only repeated anti-Israeli propaganda.
    Sorry, if the facts are "anti-Israel" then Israel is anti-truth.

Come back when you learn to think for yourself
    Yes, that's why I support Palestine getting their land back. You don't. Think for yourself?

instead of deflecting anything that doesn't fit into your narrow and twisted view of reality.
    I have engaged at every level of debate. People like you deflect. This is reality.

You keep shouting that we're systematically destroying the Palestinian people. I beg to differ. Israel could, in less than 10 minutes, stop all electricity, running water, medical supplies and food going into the Gaza strip.
    Yes, what a horrific situation the Palestinians live in that you could exterminate them at will. Let's remove that sort of power from people.

Not to mention carpet-bomb the sweet fuck outta that land and turn it into a parking lot. Now, that would be a genocide.
    So starving them and stripping them of their culture and lands is just candyland happy times?

On the other hand, allowing them to enter our country, despite them being as classified as enemies most of the time, for work, medical help and even for traveling, to, you know, visit their families in the West Bank and such, giving them millions of dollars every year to build, rebuild and improve (Which, sadly, is used for all the wrong things instead) and overall giving them as many chances as possible to get their shit together... But of course, you simply decide to ignore those facts, since they simply don't fit into your distorted view of reality.
    Useless minor trinkets. Israel stole billions and starves people and then offers token aid. It's a way to get a little respect. Trust me, if I robbed a bank and then gave it $1000, I wouldn't call myself a hero. Israel certainly isn't.

Once again; maybe if you left their land they'd get their stuff back together. But you stole the best bits of it, don't let them move and keep building walls and illegal settlements despite being told repeatedly to stop. Israel can't keep her word and Hamas keeps reacting. It's Israel's fault to any sane person.

Argumentum ad absurdum? You're the master of it, it seems. Or simply absurd.
    Try and avoid using language you don't understand because this sentence is meaningless frippery.

I didn't realize RoI was launching hundreds of rockets a year into England.
    Segments of the Irish populace spent decades killing hundreds of people and bombing major population areas. The UK handled it by working with their government, establishing certain rules and - this is key here - not invading them, killing them, raping them and then pretending the land was ours in the first place.

It was genius!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel got most of its current land fair and square in war, if other nations are made they lost land they shouldnt start stuff in he first place
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Israel got most of its current land fair and square in war, if other nations are made they lost land they shouldnt start stuff in he first place
    The UN banned acquisition of land in wars. Israel, as a member, therefore cannot use that as an excuse - and even then, the Arab-Israeli war wasn't exactly "started" by the Arabs anymore than the Israelis. It was an untenable situation caused by the UN feeling guilty about the holocaust rather than coming up with a just, reasonable method of creating an Israel.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Iron dome has a 90% accuracy and there are only 5 in service.... that 10% and the other vast areas not covered are what they dont like
    So far, since the issue escalated, 506 rockets have fallen in Israeli territories, and 267 were intercepted by the Iron Dome systems. Which means, that effectively, 1/3 of all rockets and missiles have been intercepted. Of the 506 rockets that DID land, only about 50 did any damage to property, and only 3 did any damage to human lives.

Put all history aside, put all the "who is right, who is wrong" argument aside. When a country is bombed daily by blindly aimed rockets, you can only expect them to defend themselves.

The fact that some people are capable of supporting the firing of missiles and rockets blindly at innocent civilians, yet oppose any military move against terrorists, appalls me. The incredible support towards terrorism is a dangerous position to take, because you never know when YOU will be a victim of terrorism, and you'll have no one else to blame but yourself and those like you, for giving legitimation to such means.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    The UN banned acquisition of land in wars. Israel, as a member, therefore cannot use that as an excuse - and even then, the Arab-Israeli war wasn't exactly "started" by the Arabs anymore than the Israelis. It was an untenable situation caused by the UN feeling guilty about the holocaust rather than coming up with a just, reasonable method of creating an Israel.
    Right, it wasn't "exactly started" by the Arabs. Since, pretty much, a coordinated attack by 7 nations isn't a start.
    Stop trying to twist reality into your little box of lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, it wasn't "exactly started" by the Arabs. Since, pretty much, a coordinated attack by 7 nations isn't a start.
    Stop trying to twist reality into your little box of lies.
    Israel marched into Palestine first, darling.

Sorry, if the facts are "anti-Israel" then Israel is anti-truth.

Yes, that's why I support Palestine getting their land back. You don't. Think for yourself?

I have engaged at every level of debate. People like you deflect. This is reality.

Yes, what a horrific situation the Palestinians live in that you could exterminate them at will. Let's remove that sort of power from people.

So starving them and stripping them of their culture and lands is just candyland happy times?

Useless minor trinkets. Israel stole billions and starves people and then offers token aid. It's a way to get a little respect. Trust me, if I robbed a bank and then gave it $1000, I wouldn't call myself a hero. Israel certainly isn't.

Once again; maybe if you left their land they'd get their stuff back together. But you stole the best bits of it, don't let them move and keep building walls and illegal settlements despite being told repeatedly to stop. Israel can't keep her word and Hamas keeps reacting. It's Israel's fault to any sane person.

Try and avoid using language you don't understand because this sentence is meaningless frippery.

Segments of the Irish populace spent decades killing hundreds of people and bombing major population areas. The UK handled it by working with their government, establishing certain rules and - this is key here - not invading them, killing them, raping them and then pretending the land was ours in the first place.

It was genius!
    First of all, you're the one deflecting, as your first 2 lines prove.
    second, sources for your blatant lies?

There is one thing I think we can all agree on is that this swiftly comes to an end, with little to no loss of life. I think we should keep everyone in our prayers (if you believe) and thoughts especially. No matter which side, there is innocent people who are living in fear at this very moment on both sides. Arguing in a forum isn't going to help them, that maybe we should consider reaching out to the innocent people and helping them in some way. I know I would have a break down if rockets were raining down every day on both sides.

Israel marched into Palestine first, darling.
    Actually, no. Israel was created by British mandate on a land with no owners. Just because a nomadic people moved from place to place in the area doesn't make the area theirs. And the "Palestinian" people never existed before Britain decided to bring back the old Roman name for the area.

Israel never marched into "Palestine". Israel marched into Egypt a couple of times... Syria and Lebanon as well, a couple of times. But into Palestine? I think a place has to exist for anyone to march into. Or are you going to say we marched into Narnia, as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you're the one deflecting, as your first 2 lines prove.
    second, sources for your blatant lies?
    No argument again, just a critique with no intellectual or logical backing. Second, what lies? Come on, sort this out.

Actually, no. Israel was created by British mandate on a land with no owners.
    Palestine owned 93% of the land. Israel was created on top of it. Claiming land from the legal owners by using force is a declaration of war. You seem to think the land was entirely empty of people although the Palestinians were living there?!

10+ Year Old Account
    In what year did they do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    In what year did they do that?
    On their creation in 1945

Try telling them that. The close to 2 million Israeli Arabs are simply those who didn't try to "Kill all jews, cause they be jews, and they tuk er jubs", and that is why we are Israeli citizens, and despite a troublesome vocal minority speaking of "Free Palestine" and "Kill all jews", we are quite happy as Israeli citizens.

The only difference between us and Palestinians, is, actually, that we aren't oppressed by terrorist groups interested only in bloodshed and slaughter.

Actually, no. Israel was created by British mandate on a land with no owners. Just because a nomadic people moved from place to place in the area doesn't make the area theirs. And the "Palestinian" people never existed before Britain decided to bring back the old Roman name for the area.

Israel never marched into "Palestine". Israel marched into Egypt a couple of times... Syria and Lebanon as well, a couple of times. But into Palestine? I think a place has to exist for anyone to march into. Or are you going to say we marched into Narnia, as well?
    For what reason does land belong to someone in your opinion? Just because they're stronger militarily?

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:00 AM ----------

On their creation in 1945
    It's 1947 actually, though your points still stand.

edit: oops thought something else nvm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    For what reason does land belong to someone in your opinion? Just because they're stronger militarily?
    Israel functions entirely on might makes right, the most morally repugnant basis of morality there is.

They can starve and shoot the Palestinians at will (Valort seemed proud of this) so apparently they should act like dogs and grovel at their masters' feet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:00 AM ----------

It's 1947 actually, though your points still stand.

edit: oops thought something else nvm
    Might makes right... thats simply the way the world has been since the dawn of civilization

10+ Year Old Account
    Might makes right... thats simply the way the world has been since the dawn of civilization
    So why condemn Hamas? Surely we should just allow nations to go to war, launch nukes at Israel etc. It's might makes right after all!

Doesn't make it moral, actually. It only means you can oppress someone weaker than you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:06 AM ----------

So why condemn Hamas? Surely we should just allow nations to go to war, launch nukes at Israel etc. It's might makes right after all!
    Free market on violence baby. That should make the most efficient human beings.

For killing and just getting by, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Palestine was never a country, Palestinians should go to there brothers and sisters in Jordan/Egypt/Syria, there all arabs, all from the same region. Israel is a country formed in what used to be the British Mandate of Palestine, the Arabs didnt like that so they attacked and started a war. Israel won said war, expanded there borders (extremely modest expansion) so that they could make sure they could defend their sovereignty and citizens from harm, being surrounded by a race of people that dont believe they have the right to exist. In the end the one with the biggest stick has control. Israel not only has the biggest stick but is also a first world country, far more advanced than any other in the mid east.
    Only when the palestinain people tell their governments to halt aggression against Israel (rockets every day) and speak out against suicide bombings and wretched things like that will Israel even think about stopping their expansion into the West Bank. The palestinians have been refugees for 60 years and have done nothing with the territory they "control". Israel has professionals in all fields of life, producing doctors, lawyers, businessmen, innovation and the like, Palestinians want to do to Israel what they did to Gaza, turn the whole god dam place into a dependent ghetto that requires handouts to even be able to go about day to day life.

One last thing. Arabs can be citizens in Israel, Jews cannot in any middle eastern country aside from ISrael. Now i know there is resentment in Israel between the Jewish and Arab peoples, but that is similar to how a Frenchman or Brit would feel about a German after WW1/2, in middle eastern countries if your a Jew you should be killed on the grounds that you are exactly that, a Jew. There is a black and white difference between the two peoples, with very little grey areas.
    WoW
    Social Life
    Enough Sleep

You can pick only 2.