Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    misfire? setting women and children on fire ah its ok it was a misfire.. anywhere else in the world there would be outrage but its ok in gazza? does it really matter whether it was a misfire? isnt there a repsonsibilty on the side with over whelming fire power to at least try and moderate their actions?
    What is your position on strapping on a bomb and boarding a bus and blowing yourself up and all the passengers?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I have a suggestion, everyone leave Israel alone and stop launching rockets into their schools and homes and actually start complying with the Peace Accords that you demand Israel abide by... because we all know that peace accords work best when only one side complies and not both... but wait... that would mean that the countries in the region would have to live up to their word.

Actually, I AM in support of letting y'all inspect Israeli nukes and their potential for devastation, up close and personal...
    I have a suggestion: Israel go back to the old borders so they don't keep creating this situation. They've killed tens of thousands more Palestinians in retaliations too; they're "retaliating" to their own invasion and barbaric treatment of innocent people.

They got a great deal in the creation of their country and illegally wanted more. While I don't like civilian deaths, they've pretty much left themselves open to it and created it. It's Israel's fault. They're the perpetrator, not victim.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    does the term "misfire" cover bad intel as to targets? like a spotter getting wrong location, etc?
    Nope. That's just bad intel, and will be considered differently under international law, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why not shoot HE into their hidey holes? WP will burn down the town and spread damage, HE won't (hopefully).
    Sounds good to me. I'm not trying to argue for the use of WP itself, rather that I don't see anything wrong with using hammers for nails and screwdrivers for screws.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I have a suggestion: Israel go back to the old borders so they don't keep creating this situation. They've killed tens of thousands more Palestinians in retaliations too; they're "retaliating" to their own invasion and barbaric treatment of innocent people.

They got a great deal in the creation of their country and illegally wanted more. While I don't like civilian deaths, they've pretty much left themselves open to it and created it. It's Israel's fault. They're the perpetrator, not victim.
    It's a little late in the game to be playing "what started it."
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a little late in the game to be playing "what started it."
    Very true. Let's play "who's occupying, destroying, starving, degrading and massacring who"

Winner: Israel. They're not victims.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Netanyahu, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Very true. Let's play "who's occupying, destroying, starving, degrading and massacring who"

Winner: Israel. They're not victims.
    Really? Tell that to my friend whose sister was blown up on a bus while returning from school.
    Or countless others who lost family due to some fanatic thinking that killing a busload of people will earn him the highest respect.

Israel retaliates. Nothing you say will change that. Sometimes the retaliations kill innocents, yes. But that's what happens when the rockets are fired from within schools and hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Really? Tell that to my friend whose sister was blown up on a bus while returning from school.
    Or countless others who lost family due to some fanatic thinking that killing a busload of people will earn him the highest respect.

Israel retaliates. Nothing you say will change that. Sometimes the retaliations kill innocents, yes. But that's what happens when the rockets are fired from within schools and hospitals.
    People like this are the problem.

Both sides think that they are "just retaliating". Thus the problem is never solved, more bodies are just added to the pile.

Nope. That's just bad intel, and will be considered differently under international law, as far as I know.
    just to be clear, i was asking a real question.

you didnt appear to take it an attack, but i wanted to be sure you know im not flaming, trying to get you with "gotcha" questions, or otherwise piss in your wheaties. i know the whole situation isnt pleasant for anybody, and that emotions run high and innocent things can be misconstrued

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    People like this are the problem.

Both sides think that they are "just retaliating". Thus the problem is never solved, more bodies are just added to the pile.
    If I thought Hamas and other parties would actually respect a ceasefire, I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, every time one is declared, it's broken my more rocket barrages.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just to be clear, i was asking a real question.

you didnt appear to take it an attack, but i wanted to be sure you know im not flaming, trying to get you with "gotcha" questions, or otherwise piss in your wheaties. i know the whole situation isnt pleasant for anybody, and that emotions run high and innocent things can be misconstrued
    Oh, don't worry, I understood that you meant it as a legitimate question

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe this was sarcasm and if so it's done in bad taste. Otherwise this is probably the most disgusting view on this matter I've ever seen.
    Really? I'm honored. Although I'm a bit confused as to how my post beat the handful of people who actually called for Israel to kill every Palestinian. I really think you're being unfair to others who have worked far harder to achieve this than me. You know what? This isn't right. I may have been quoted the most, and made the most noise, but it certainly was not the most disgusting view on the matter that you've ever seen. Thus, I cannot accept this award. I ask only that the Academy exercises more integrity in selecting a recipient in the future.

I'd like to point out that I am still trying to get "Best Supporting Actor" though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring her to me and I will. Happily. She supports the regime that created this problem.

Same. I simply have no interest in appeasing Israelis because they steal land and treat the original inhabitants like dirt and then get upset that they fight back.

You kill tens of thousands of innocents. You already destroyed their schools and hospitals. You are at fault for this problem. Sod off back into your own borders.

It's sad to me how people vilify Israel so much.

- The Palestinians want Israel to recognize them as a nation, but refuse to recognize Israel as a nation.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to recognize the Islamic nature of the new Palestinian state, but refuse to recognize the Jewish nature of Israel.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to allow the right of return to Palestinians refugees, but refuse the right of return to any Jews displaced by the new 1967 borders.

How is there supposed to be peace when hypocrisy exists?

Israel was given back their land by the UN after World War 2 because they saw how the Jews were being persecuted all around the world. They needed a place where they could legally defend themselves and have the freedom to practice their religion. That is as true today as it was back then.

Islamic holy writings say to convert people or give them the sword. These writings also say that if a piece of land that once belonged to Muslims is lost to heretics, it's their duty to wage a holy war to regain the land for Islam. Unless Israel wants to embrace Islam, they better keep fighting for their lives - because these are things that Hamas very much believes.

Bring her to me and I will. Happily. She supports the regime that created this problem.

Same. I simply have no interest in appeasing Israelis because they steal land and treat the original inhabitants like dirt and then get upset that they fight back.

You kill tens of thousands of innocents. You already destroyed their schools and hospitals. You are at fault for this problem. Sod off back into your own borders.
    If only I could meet you in real life.
    In the meantime, I'll respond as politely as I can to your completely offensive and inappropriate remarks: They're dead, and thus you'll never meet them. I do hope Karma is real, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    It's sad to me how people vilify Israel so much.

- The Palestinians want Israel to recognize them as a nation, but refuse to recognize Israel as a nation.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to recognize the Islamic nature of the new Palestinian state, but refuse to recognize the Jewish nature of Israel.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to allow the right of return to Palestinians refugees, but refuse the right of return to any Jews displaced by the new 1967 borders.

How is there supposed to be peace when hypocrisy exists?

Israel was given back their land by the UN after World War 2 because they saw how the Jews were being persecuted all around the world. They needed a place where they could legally defend themselves and have the freedom to practice their religion. That is as true today as it was back then.

Islamic holy writings say to convert people or give them the sword. These writings also say that if a piece of land that once belonged to Muslims is lost to heretics, it's their duty to wage a holy war to regain the land for Islam. Unless Israel wants to embrace Islam, they better keep fighting for their lives - because these are things that Hamas very much believes.
    The Qu'ran also says you cannot forcibly convert people of the Book, and Jews and Christians are both "people of the Book."

If I thought Hamas and other parties would actually respect a ceasefire, I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, every time one is declared, it's broken my more rocket barrages

Oh, don't worry, I understood that you meant it as a legitimate question
    i like you, but im not exactly a fan of your govt (not a fan of a lot of mine either, but what do you do). i really do wish the hawks would go away, and someone would step up for the palestinians to negotiate in good faith. but right now it seems like (from afar) that both sides are waiting for the other to play nice first, and im not really sure how that can happen without either side overexposing themselves to attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The Qu'ran also says you cannot forcibly convert people of the Book, and Jews and Christians are both "people of the Book."
    So I guess they just get the sword, because I'm trying to make sense of why all those Christians were killed in Egypt when the regime change happened.

They should have been given part of Germany. They had about as much claim to Germany as they did to Israel...

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess they just get the sword, because I'm trying to make sense of why all those Christians were killed in Egypt when the regime change happened.
    People of all religions interpret religious texts the way they want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Is Israel still prevents goods that is needed to rebuild a country from getting in?
    Is Israel still controlling the borders?
    is Israel still bombing tunnels used by Palestinians even though their is a cease fire?

All of the answers are Yes for the first reason alone you can expect resistance and also even when Palestinian groups weren't.'t bombing Israel you had the Israel arm bombing Palestinians.

It sucks that civilians get involved but the Palestinians are the weaker party, the weaker party will use any mean necessary to achieve their freedom.

The complaints about the actions of Palestinians reminds me about a movie I saw regarding the struggle in Algeria. The movie is praised because it shows the dirty things done by port parties however the only thing I see is the French suppressing the Algerian people and people in Algeria doing everything that is needed to remove the foreign oppressors.

And lets be honest, their isn't a single country that would accept creating a different country within their own country. The true irony is that in certain country -allot of them are pro-israel- politicians accuse muslims of trying to take over the country, this is literately what happened in Palestinian during the period of ww1 and ww2.
    What country are you refering too?
    Tunnels used by terrorists, probably. Much like how there were 25 rockets fired into Israel from Hamas.

Yeah it sucks, and it's all Hamas fault. Not Israel. Hamas are fueling the conflict. Hamas are fighting the conflict. If they stopped, everyone would have a much better time.

Get educated on the conflict and you'll understand that it's all Hamas fault that still goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    From the article "IDF tanks fired at terror targets in the Strip following the attack. Gaza medical sources said that four people were killed and 25 others were injured." must be fantastic tanks who only hit "terror targets"
    The oh so brave Hamas like to hide behind civilians. All they do is murder civilians, their own and Israeli.