Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Let's forget the whole "who started it" argument for a second, and focus on the current situation.

In every round of escalation, there has always been a certain status quo - Hamas (or other organizations) fire rockets into southern Israel; Israel retaliates by taking out said organizations' members.
    However, this time, Hamas and the Islamic Palestinian Jihad broke the status quo by firing rockets not only on Tel Aviv, but on Jerusalem (to those who will say that it's due to the elimination of Ahmed Al-Jaabari, just take a look at Cast Lead, where high ranking Hamas officers were eliminated and yet not a single rocket was fired beyond the south of Israel).
    This makes the massive recruitment of reservists not the least bit shocking - especially when you consider how Hamas and others are always claiming how holy Jerusalem is to them (not enough to stop them firing rockets at it, I guess).
    i would agree with you re status quo but not who broke it. Nov 8th the IDF shot a palestinian child which they then responded to rightly or wrongly with rockets. thats what broke the "status quo" and brought us to where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    i would agree with you re status quo but not who broke it. Nov 8th the IDF shot a palestinian child which they then responded to rightly or wrongly with rockets. thats what broke the "status quo" and brought us to where we are.
    Mind sharing a source?

*Edit*:
    After doing some searches of my own, I've come upon some very mixed reports regarding the incident you've mentioned.
    Some reports say the boy was shot in the head by a helicopter, others that he was shot in the side by a tank or a jeep, and that he died in the hospital. Finally, I've seen one report (which seems the most likely, considering my knowledge of how this conflict works) that he was killed after some members of the Popular Resistance Committees opened fire on an IDF patrol.
    Note that not a single report can in fact validate who it was that killed him.

Now, I'd like to state that I am indeed sorry he died. I'd also like to say that these types of clashes are very much a part of the status quo, sad as it may be. Firing rockets on Jerusalem, however, is not. In fact, it's probably the biggest violation of the status quo that could have happened. Jerusalem, the city that's said to be the holiest place to all three Abrahamic religions, was attacked by a rocket strike.
    Last edited by Liara; 2012-11-17 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a certain skewedness here, a definite tinge of "David and Goliath". I would like to point out that Israel was formed on land where people already lived, and had lived for a long time, without them getting any say in it. This theft of land has many sad paralells in history though, as does the illegal occupation of palestinian areas and the wall built (a wall that frequently separate people from their fields as well as vital services such as medical services). Let that lie though, and let us look at the current facts:

*Hamas and/or groups that may / may not be controlled or controllable by them are shooting missiles towards Israel. Civillians are frequently injured or killed.
    *Israel is bombing Gaza, civillians are frequently killed.

Seems to me neither side wants peace, and the civillians are the ones that suffer (in pure numbers, more palestinians than israelians, but suffering is not measured in numbers alone). So long as neither side shows any desire for peace, my sympathy goes out to the civillians, and I condemn the action of both the Israeli government and the groups that fire missiles from Gaza. Both of them are acting in a inhumane and foul way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    But of course, they send their children onto Palestinian buses with bomb vests so they can blow themselves up in the name of God... oops... they dont do that, the Palestinians do...

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:00 AM ----------

I've come to the same conclusion about you that it appears several others have, you are so convinced in your propaganda that you cant see reality in the least, so... I'm done wasting my time with you, when the IDF finally gets tired of the bullshit they'll take the action they deem necessary to silence the rockets coming out of Gaza.
    well when u get kick out of ur own house by a "country" with the help of the Big Boss USA (yeah thats a fair fight) u kind of get a little pissed of... and u talk about killing childrens? yeah cuz isreal havent kill any palestinian kid at all... the isreal ppl are so nice, we should give them a private heaven only for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I don't care about pre-legal system things beyond a time where there's no direct connection to the people who lived there. The evidence shows Palestinians owned 93% and zionists owned 7%.
    You know your approach to this whole conflict is exactly the reason why its a conflict, you don't care about 'pre-legal' systems which in fact were definately legal systems, yet you just chose to deny it because they don't fit in your reality, yet those are facts that happened.
    You assume because something is historical beyond your knowledge that it's pre-legal, hate to burst your bubble but you're so wrong again.
    Probably out of the same perspective you may even deny the happening of the holocaust.

And you fail to understand the difference between a zionist, a jew and a palestinian jew, which i hinted you before, but you chose to not look it up and neglect it. Which is fine, but it doensnt add to your credibility and makes people not take you serious.

You what? Palestine is the region. Palestinians were the Arabs who lived there before the zionists started coming in the late 19th century, and who were Palestinian
    The fact you define Palestinians merely as Arabs is your first fault. And try to look up who lived in the area before Palestine was actually Palestine, and im not referring to the Britisch Mandate Palestine..
    Although i can imagine that this is your referencepoint, as this is the only referencepoint in history that would make the point of the current Palestinians valid, yet it's the wrong reference point as this isnt the point the conflict started.

But then again it totally fits in your way of neglecting parts of history that don't fit in your history.
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2012-11-17 at 02:17 PM.

Update:
    More rockets have been fired at Tel Aviv, but were intercepted by the newly stationed Iron Dome battery.

Situation gets more dire everyday. I wonder when USA will realize israel is massacrating those folks and will stop suporting it. Of course it depends on USA citizens saying STOP to their leaders suporting israel. Why should USA fight a war from a country that thinks thats above all others in the region?
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update:
    More rockets have been fired at Tel Aviv, but were intercepted by the newly stationed Iron Dome battery.
    God help them if they hit Bat Yam. Then shit'll get real =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Situation gets more dire everyday. I wonder when USA will realize israel is massacrating those folks and will stop suporting it. Of course it depends on USA citizens saying STOP to their leaders suporting israel. Why should USA fight a war from a country that thinks thats above all others in the region?
    Allow me to correct you -
    1) Israel isn't "massacring" anyone. The IDF is using surgical strikes against terror cells in the Gaza Strip (you know, the ones who are launching rockets vaguely directed into cities in the hope of killing as many Israelis as possible). The only reason there have been civilian casualties among the Gazan population, is that these terror cells choose to operate within heavily populated areas (in the hope that Israel will kill as many civilians as well, so that they can then be called "massacring" by people like you).

2) The US has absolutely no involvement in Operation Pillar of Cloud, and Israel is not the US's lapdog / puppet / whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    God help them if they hit Bat Yam. Then shit'll get real =)
    Hahaha Hell hath no fury like a Bat-Yamian scorned :P

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Israel isn't "massacring" anyone. The IDF is using surgical strikes against terror cells in the Gaza Strip (you know, the ones who are launching rockets vaguely directed into cities in the hope of killing as many Israelis as possible). The only reason there have been civilian casualties among the Gazan population, is that these terror cells choose to operate within heavily populated areas (in the hope that Israel will kill as many civilians as well, so that they can then be called "massacring" by people like you).

2) The US has absolutely no involvement in Operation Pillar of Cloud, and Israel is not the US's lapdog / puppet / whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit.[COLOR="red"]
    Hamas has openly admited to using civilians as humas shield quite a while ago, so that comes as no surprise.

Yeah, i can almost hear knives being sharpened, and Subaru engines warming up =)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Yeah, i can almost hear knives being sharpened, and Subaru engines warming up =)
    I literally snorted with laughter from reading that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    You know your approach to this whole conflict is exactly the reason why its a conflict, you don't care about 'pre-legal' systems which in fact were definately legal systems, yet you just chose to deny it because they don't fit in your reality, yet those are facts that happened.
    Alright. Find me some evidence that zionists owned the land and not Palestinians then?

You assume because something is historical beyond your knowledge that it's pre-legal, hate to burst your bubble but you're so wrong again.
    Probably out of the same perspective you may even deny the happening of the holocaust.
    Lulz. I know what the diaspora is, that should be enough to make this sidebar argument unneeded.

And you fail to understand the difference between a zionist, a jew and a palestinian jew, which i hinted you before, but you chose to not look it up and neglect it. Which is fine, but it doensnt add to your credibility and makes people not take you serious.
    I know what the difference is. Tell me why it even matters.

The fact you define Palestinians merely as Arabs is your first fault. And try to look up who lived in the area before Palestine was actually Palestine, and im not referring to the Britisch Mandate Palestine..
    You mean the Palestinian Arabs in the Ottoman Empire?

Although i can imagine that this is your referencepoint, as this is the only referencepoint in history that would make the point of the current Palestinians valid
    What the hell are you talking about? The only valid part of history here is who owned the land before the UN divided it up and screwed over the Palestinians to give disproportionate land to the new Israeli state. Who lived there two hundred years ago is irrelevent. The Palestinians had their lands and homes seized and were forcibly evicted, often at gunpoint.

But then again it totally fits in your way of neglecting parts of history that don't fit in your history.
    I clearly know a lot more than you?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

its funny how Israel threatened for more than a year that they will attack iran, and then they attack gaza,
    and its funny how the Syrian and the Iranian government threatened to attack Israel and the they attack their own people .
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    its funny how Israel threatened for more than a year that they will attack iran, and then they attack gaza,
    and its funny how the Syrian and the Iranian government threatened to attack Israel and the they attack their own people .
    Although this is clearly off-topic. I haven't seen any news recently saying that Iran attacked their own people and when terrorists from outside Syria come in and join the Free Syrian Army, at some point it stops being Syrian and just becomes "Syrian".

2) The US has absolutely no involvement in Operation Pillar of Cloud, and Israel is not the US's lapdog / puppet / whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:41 PM ----------

i actually laugh with this one hahahahaha, no really in what planet u live?

Quote Originally Posted by volraths View Post
    i actually laugh with this one hahahahaha, no really in what planet u live?
    Planet - Earth, Country - Israel.

How about you?

As a Jew who comes from Israel and now lives in the USA, I kinda wish the rest of my people would leave that god forsaken place and move over here. Much more peaceful and the summers don't make you want to kill yourself. I keep telling my relatives this but they refuse to leave their holy land. Sigh.

Frankly, the best thing about Israel is the shawarma.

BTW, Israel does not listen to the USA. Fuck, Obama and Netanyahu hate one another. I also hate the fact that Israel's government is something like 8 parties. It makes getting anything done even harder than it is in the USA.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-17 at 07:23 PM.

HAMAS should get it even harder.
    P.S.
    Using the "poor Palestine and monstrous Israel theme" is old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like I know my history, and most Israel supporters love making shit up to defend their indefensible actions.

Israel pays collaborators quite well. They have eyes and ears there. It's part of the problem that Palestinians on the ground feel - they can't trust anyone, can't feel anything and can't live peacefully. It's part of Israel's terror campaign as well as proof of their exceptional espionage.

Iran is Arabian now? The racism would be hilarious if it didn't make Israel supporters feel good about killing tens of thousands of civilians.

Meanwhile Hamas fires rockets.. runs to a building.. shoots the innocent people inside and tries to blame it on Israel air strikes.. i can spread bogus propaganda too
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-11-17 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Isn't the whole Arab agenda to destroy Israel?
    Iranians are Persian, not arabs. Just saying.