Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    But Israel doesn't have ability to shot down 'any missile', and this isn't true 'Hamas missiles wont do jack to them' ... last I looked more than half missiles get through, and 3 people died.
    Besides deaths, there is other damage.
    Hmm, did not know that.

It isn't OK what Hamas is doing, Israel should defend itself.
    Nor did i ever say it's okay what Hamas are doing, i just think there should be a more clear line between defense and retaliation.

I have a lot of issues with this post, especially since it's coming from a moderator. And don't bash US police.
    Criticizing isn't bashing. I'm not even blaming individual cops for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm familiar with the meaning of the word Semitic, but in modern English anti-Semitic means specifically anti-Jewish. Trying to play semantic games with the etymology of the word is silly.
    You are correct... Just want to add, that this is not limited to modern English, but it is custom all over the planet.
    Anti-Semitic = anti-Jewish.

Sure it has a broader meaning by origin. But it isn't used that way nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    The fact that some people are capable of supporting the firing of missiles and rockets blindly at innocent civilians, yet oppose any military move against terrorists, appalls me. The incredible support towards terrorism is a dangerous position to take, because you never know when YOU will be a victim of terrorism, and you'll have no one else to blame but yourself and those like you, for giving legitimation to such means.
    You are mistaking the support of terrorists with recognition that there are civilians on their side of the fence. What i find absurd is that you can't even recognize that people here aren't crazy enough to support terrorists. Or, that you do recognize that and choose to ignore it and personally attack posters here all the while knowing you're lying out of your teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a somewhat provocative question....

Why this??
    Israel strikes media buildings in Gaza
    The sites hit in Gaza early Sunday included buildings used by Britain’s Sky News channel and the Dubai-based pan-Arab broadcaster al-Arabiya, the news organizations reported. At least six journalists were wounded, according to a health ministry spokesman in Gaza quoted by wire services.
    I know....
    One of the buildings was used by al-Quds channel, which serves as a mouthpiece for Hamas, the militant group that rules Gaza.
    Learn to aim....
    Taking out the international press doesn't exactly make you look good.. It rather supports thoughts of you having intentions of trying to hide something..

I had CNN running yesterday on the side. At some point they had some guy (American) explaining the situation a little deeper.
    Like how Hamas gets weapon support from Russia, and stuff.. He also mentioned that the whole problem down there, and why they cannot come to agreements, has a lot to do with water. Apparently Israel offers solutions that would cut Palestinians off from drinking water.
    So, I thought I'd dig into it a little deeper.
    As often enough, the topic at hand was actually in the news. We were just too busy with the Presidential campaign and other issues to pay attention.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8327188.stm
    http://www.ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/water.html
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-11-18 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You are mistaking the support of terrorists with recognition that there are civilians on their side of the fence. What i find absurd is that you can't even recognize that people here aren't crazy enough to support terrorists. Or, that you do recognize that and choose to ignore it and personally attack posters here all the while knowing you're lying out of your teeth.
    I am far more aware of there being people on the other side of the fence, than, say, the average Hamas supporter posting on this thread.
    What people don't seem to recognize, is that these terrorists are actually WORSE for the Palestinians. Fail to recognize or morbidly ignore, I can not say.
    But while most anti-Jewish people see the Palestinians as the latest "Device to rid us of Jews!", I see them as poor people being used by very sinister people as a device for advancing their agendas.

I do not personally attack posters. I personally attack anyone who wishes my death. Quite a different issue I'd say.

@ Wildtree: yes, the IDF supposedly bombed a media building in Gaza. Make 1+1 and figure out why would you want to blow up a building transmitting the guys blindly launching missiles, about every location they hit with their missiles, so they can aim better.
    And don't even dare say Sky News would never do something like that, since the news are supposed to be objective. Sky are angels, incapable of corruption, ask Gordon Brown.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 04:22 PM ----------

Not to burst your bubble, but first link is a report made by Amnesty International. An organization known for forgetting how the whole "Audi alteram partem" should work.
    The 2nd link seems to be one of those lovely sites which I'm sure are simply too unofficial to have any truth enforced on them.

Yes, there is a huge issue with drinking water in the area. Newsflash: Israel has a drinking water problem too. Ask any Israeli, the commercials to "Shower, not bathe", "Close the hose" and "shower together" have been on TV for at least a decade. Lets say we have enough drinking water problems without having to provide drinking water to the Palestinians at a discount price. About it being their own water: The West Bank has several sources of drinking water. The Gaza strip has one aquifer, which tanks to their bad engineering, has been contaminated over the years by their waste. Of course, you could say it is receding because Israel is pumping it. Or, in other words: They are using our sewage system.

Hamas doesn't get their weapons only from Russia, as much as they get them mainly from worldwide supporters paying for them, several African countries crafting them (Hint: Why did Israel bomb a weapons factory in Sudan?) and smuggled into Gaza through tunnels or simply by Egyptians through Rafah crossing.
    Not to mention Iran, the firstmost nation interested in "Removing Israel from the map", interested in using the Palestinians as a means to their ends.
    Last edited by Valort; 2012-11-18 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    But while most anti-Jewish people see the Palestinians as the latest "Device to rid us of Jews!", I see them as poor people being used by very sinister people as a device for advancing their agendas.
    Again, you're imagining things. There are no anti-Jewish people on these forums, just anti-Israel people. By equating the two, you're, again, trying to personally attack people, for being anti-Semitic when they're really not.

It's identical to there being a distinction between someone being anti-US and someone hating Americans. The former isn't just a different version of the latter. You can be anti-US or anti-Israel, meaning you don't agree with their foreign policies, or domestic policies (though that doesn't affect non-US or non-Israeli people), while having absolutely nothing against Americans or Israelis.

Again, you're imagining things. There are no anti-Jewish people on these forums, just anti-Israel people. By equating the two, you're, again, trying to personally attack people, for being anti-Semitic when they're really not.

It's identical to there being a distinction between someone being anti-US and someone hating Americans. The former isn't just a different version of the latter. You can be anti-US or anti-Israel, meaning you don't agree with their foreign policies, or domestic policies (though that doesn't affect non-US or non-Israeli people), while having absolutely nothing against Americans or Israelis.
    US-Americans is not the same as Jews-Israelis.

And thinking there are no anti-Jewish people on these forums is a tad naive. The odds of that happening are extremely low, just like the odds of there being no anti-gay, anti-muslim or anti-anything people on these forums.

Article 7 of the Hamas charter provides the following quotation: "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." Source.

This means that Hamas (and its supporters) are not just anti-Israel, but also anti-Jewish to a degree.

It seems now German, Italian, Kuwaiti and Russian media outlets are all part of Hamas. Britain’s Sky News, Italian RAI, German ARD, Kuwait-TV were all targetted by Israeli Warplanes. Well done on bombing those news agencies in Gaza. Yes yes I know. Hamas was using the Sky News office as a staging area to launch flying monkeys with laser guns at Israel.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

im not fan of arab ppl (or having anything against them) but damm israel crossed the line and the worst that they always try to show themself af there were the victims in the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    US-Americans is not the same as Jews-Israelis.

And thinking there are no anti-Jewish people on these forums is a tad naive. The odds of that happening are extremely low, just like the odds of there being no anti-gay, anti-muslim or anti-anything people on these forums.
    Sure, the problem is Valort is equating anti-Israel people with anti-Semitic people, somehow thinking that will boost his argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Article 7 of the Hamas charter provides the following quotation: "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." Source.

This means that Hamas (and its supporters) are not just anti-Israel, but also anti-Jewish to a degree.
    Agreed. I just don't think there are as many pro-Hamas people here as you might think. Just pro-Palestinian (civilian!).

Sure, the problem is Valort is equating anti-Israel people with anti-Semitic people, somehow thinking that will boost his argument.

Agreed. I just don't think there are as many pro-Hamas people here as you might think. Just pro-Palestinian (civilian!).

this... ppl needs to understand this plz

Perhaps. However, claiming Israel is lining Palestinians up against fences and systematically slaughtering them (as some have implied, or said so outright) is simply foolish.
    All one needs to do is compare the current operation with Cast Lead, in order to see how well Israel and the IDF are learning lessons and implementing them - so few dead in over a thousand strikes. Israel tries as hard as possible to avoid civilian casualties. Sadly, it's not always possible when Hamas places their launch sites in heavily populated areas (specifically in order to have civilians die, so that they can then blame Israel for "deliberately murdering women and children").

They aren't lining them up. That is ridiculous. They are choosing civilian buildings and bombing the crap out of them. That is a fact. The media outlets is a open example. Media outlets are civilians.

Yes we should be happy Israelis are killing fewer civilians over all. Such a blessing We should also then thank the Taliban for not killing as many civilians and only killing ISAF troops

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    They aren't lining them up. That is ridiculous. They are choosing civilian buildings and bombing the crap out of them. That is a fact. The media outlets is a open example. Media outlets are civilians.

Yes we should be happy Israelis are killing fewer civilians over all. Such a blessing We should also then thank the Taliban for not killing as many civilians and only killing ISAF troops
    My point proven, thank you.

And mine as well. Civilian targets are considered legitimate by Israeli citizens.

And mine as well. Civilian targets are considered legitimate by Israeli citizens.
    Assuming that's what I said (it's not) - as opposed to Hamas, who only targets military areas?

Don't want civilian buildings blown up? Don't store your rocket stashes and other munitions there, or use them as launch sites.

Yes very much so. Sky News and ARD were stock piling missiles for Hamas. How could I and the rest of the world not see that?

And I love the fact that you are comparing the tactics of Hamas a Terrorist organization and the IDF. I guess you believe their tactics and strategy is comparable!

Yes very much so. Sky News and ARD were stock piling missiles for Hamas. How could I and the rest of the world not see that?

And I love the fact that you are comparing the tactics of Hamas a Terrorist organization and the IDF. I guess you believe their tactics and strategy is comparable!
    Do you honestly think that you would know where Hamas is stockpiling? Laughable.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, even though it was just assuming your assumptions were correct. Since they're not, then it's void anyway.
    I just don't understand how you can defend an organization that deliberately puts the people it claims to "protect" in harm's way.

Here is something worth watching for all those people who have no clue about this subject :

Google : "Prager University: The Middle East Problem"

and about your educated post that "israelies violated this and this laws".
    Its like saying that after the US went to war with Iraq (because they attacked Kuwait+Oil) would kill/break some law and then you would call "STOP EVERYTHING - you BROKE a law - give Kuwait back to IRAQ and get the fuck off - you broke a law". Its a nice logic but it doesnt take into consideration all the "law breaking" done on the other side...
    Yes, Israel might break few laws here and there, but they do it in order to survive and it is still not even a comparison to the number of laws the Arabs broke or the number of laws EVERY country (yes even yours) would break and have broken if was in same situation".

Regarding all the post concerning the "massacare" and "holocust" and "ethnic cleansing" :
    We have bombed over 1000 targets in Gaza. Each bomb can EASILY kill 10-100 people if placed correctly (see Syria conflict). Wouldnt you expect 10,000-100,000 casulties? I guess IDF is REALLY bad at aiming if only ~30 militants killed and unfotunatly ~20 civilians (and part of them killed by Hamas). I really dont think ANY army in the world could achieve such low numbers and still the likes of you claiming of massacare and actually attacking civilian targets...

Even though im against killing any civilians -i wish one time we would actually do it -kill 10,000-30,000 (like in Syria) just so people like you wont have to lie once in their life. (yup, i would do it just for you).

Try to think for yourself instead of being fed by extremists. and im not talking to you Hif - you are the extremist that is feeding others with your Bullshit. Nothing i say to you would work. I just hope the others - open your head - absorb all the fact and just THINK for yourselves.

Deleted
    Hamas have no target other than anyone who is with in range of their rockets, it's indiscriminate! They don't care as long as it kills people

You must be an absolute moron to think Israeli is targeting civilins in gaza also, if that was the case it would be 10000 people dead by now, they don't miss! It's not like shoot and hope it lands on something they plane and it's guided. Hamas puts it's HQ's and rocket sights in civilian areas, they hope it kills some child so they can use the propaganda to get more deluded poor people to fight for them.

But what do you expect from a people that strap home made bombs to their child and send them off to die...

Any country in the world that has to put up with rockets fired into it's land indiscriminately would be the same if not worse in there retaliation! FACT!