10+ Year Old Account

Making a decent Challenge Mode >Gold< Group

I want to think what would be the best gold challenge Group comp? I would liek to see you guys ideas and why? Ie. Blood dk, holy Paladin, Mage, hunter, boomkin. The Dk brings free heals, holy Pally nice support Cd's, mage/hunter CC and boomkin Speed boost.

my group I was thinking is

Tank, Blood Dk
    Healer, Holy Paladin
    Dps, Mage, Hunter, Rogue

Deleted
    You want massive burst and some cc (stuns/silence). you should also have bloodlust and stampeding roar, aspect of the pack or a similar group speed buff (drums of speed might suffice too).

best overall dps specs (single target and aoe burst):
    Ele shaman
    frost dk
    frost mage
    feral

hunter and balance druid are also good choices but lack some single target resp. aoe dps.
    i'd avoid rogue, shadow, warrior, retri. they just dont dish out as much as other classes and for the most part lack interesting CC, too.

As tank, go with DK, hands down because of Utility, Selfheal and DPS.

As heal, take what complements your group best. Paladin is great because of BoP, Bubble, burst heal and LoH->Purgatory (DK-Tank talent) synergy but he's rather weak on dps and offspec is melee. If you need a roar, take a druid. He also has some offensive utility with Vortex and Heart of the Wild for bossdps. Plus the offspec as Owl/Feral is really strong in those cases where you can run part of (or even complete) instances without a healer.
    Disc priest works really well too and is definately underused.
    Take a shaman heal if you need Bloodlust but other than that, take any other healer. It's not that resto shaman is particularly bad, it's just that it doesn't really bring anything to the group besides Earth elemental, capacitator totem and Bloodlust, all of which you usually already have in some form or simply don't need.

I'm looking forward to running the following setup soon:
    DK-Tank
    Frost-DK
    Frost Mage
    Ele-Shaman
    Resto-Druid
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2012-11-11 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    From my challenge mode experience so far, every instance will have a different "best comp", however basically anything is able to get a gold medal. So far I've got all but 2 gold medals, including one of the fastest times in Europe for Jade Serpent. The comp I've ran is:

Prot Warrior
    Resto Shaman
    Frost Mage
    Lock
    Ele Sham

A blood DK is the superior tank for all instances, and maybe there are better DPSers than ele shamans but this comp can work just as good as any other. At the end of the day its just about how good your players are and how much time you spend refining your strategy.

Deleted
    If you want to get good times you should consider picking a Resto Druid as healer, or running with 4 dps.
    For example in our Scholo run the resto druid did something like 30mio damage (being moonkin on the 2nd last boss).

If you "only" want to get Gold, take whatever you want.

Just bring 3 good dps that synergise eachother (1dk, tank or dps for faceroll tho) and a good healer. To just get gold it dont matter what you run with aslong as its somewhat synergised and not 3 melee. (that makes some stuff like brewery a pain).

I have done it in 3 comps now (doing em with my alt now) good players > class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Just bring 3 good dps that synergise eachother (1dk, tank or dps for faceroll tho) and a good healer. To just get gold it dont matter what you run with aslong as its somewhat synergised and not 3 melee. (that makes some stuff like brewery a pain).

I have done it in 3 comps now (doing em with my alt now) good players > class.
    This. This, this, and this. The comp we used was:

Prot Warrior
    Disc Priest
    Frost/Fire Mage
    Surv Hunter
    Ele Shaman

I don't suggest bringing more than 1 melee to your group, particularly for Scholomance. I can see it being annoying for Brewery too, but it wouldn't be as bad.

Deleted
    The quest was what the best composition is.

Deleted
    Rule 1: Stay away from 2 melee dps for most instances. Only TJS accomodates melee indifferently.
    Rule 2: DK tanks are just overpowered
    Rule 3: Bring Bloodlust and Stampeding Roar. Actually, Druid is probably the best healer thanks to 45 secs of high dps in healing spec on demand.
    Rule 4: People try to make you think you need aoe stealth from rogues. That's bull. Invisibility potion is superior because it removes potential aggro glitches. Combat rogues are amazing on some fights because of dual target dps though.

Based on that, I'd have to say dream comp is:
    Blood DK / Resto Druid / Ele Sham / Hunter (survival+beast switch) / Any other highest dps dude you got.

I ran with 2 melee, dk and arms warrior had no real issues with it outside of suds @ brewery.

Running full ranged comp on my alt now tho, its easier no doubt.