DK frost downtime

Pretty much it how to deal with it?

i hate how sometimes i just dont have any skill to use...

Deleted
    You either wait for the runes to regenerate, or you get more haste.

MOAR HASTE!!

Seriously though, at this point its pretty much unavoidable, but once you get more gear it'll get better.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    are you using blood tap?

I dont know if was the kind of bosses I was doing but this last week I had 10k haste. Man, no downtime at all. However, this much haste made me think that I could change some gems to strenght, so I am trying now about 7k haste instead 10k and about 1-2k more str.

As far as I checked lots of the top frost dks on world of logs are using 160str/80str and 160 haste gems instead 320 haste ones...

I still did not figure this out yet, I think my dps is not that great right now, probably I am screwing up my "rotation"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    I dont know if was the kind of bosses I was doing but this last week I had 10k haste. Man, no downtime at all. However, this much haste made me think that I could change some gems to strenght, so I am trying now about 7k haste instead 10k and about 1-2k more str.

As far as I checked lots of the top frost dks on world of logs are using 160str/80str and 160 haste gems instead 320 haste ones...

I still did not figure this out yet, I think my dps is not that great right now, probably I am screwing up my "rotation"
    "change some gems to strength" ?.... You should ALWAYS gem strength.

More haste, lol.

I tried to reforge everything to haste, it gave me like only 0,20 or 0,30 sec faster rune-regeneration which is nearly nothing

Mastery is sooo much more worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    As far as I can see EJ does not say that, or maybe I miss read it :|

Also mrrobot does stack haste too, I know robot is not the best thing around, but seems to agree with EJ topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is absolutely incorrect. Mists of Pandaria came out. You ALWAYS gem according to your stat weights.

Deleted
    It's because our haste isn't that high yet. It'll get a lot easier to control once we get better gear/higher stats. patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not anymore. We no longer have sufficient haste from our gear and the secondary stat gems outweigh strength by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Not anymore. We no longer have sufficient haste from our gear and the secondary stat gems outweigh strength by a large margin.
    The above statement is only true if using a 2-handed weapon. Otherwise your howling blast spam as Dual Wield will suffer.

I know for 2H you pretty much gem straight Haste, but its close. It depends on gear. I ran sims and changed to haste gems slowly on my character until it said Strength was better on a 1:2 ratio. At that point I stopped gemmed full haste, but it just happened to be that I hit that point will full haste gems. Of course I have a 487 iLvl, so the same might not be true for someone else. You should pretty much always match sockets since the gems have twice as much of the secondary stats now. Basically the question in gemming is whether to gem pure haste, or hybrid gems.