Thread: Vid Cards

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vid Cards

I need help on getting a video card.

Here's what I need:

Need something that can run Diablo 3 on max (no shadows), WoW on High/ultra (no shadows again, also just casual play no raids not even LFR) Rift on High (no shadows). Star Wars: TOR and Guild Wars 2 on at least Medium (no shadows)

Price range about $150 to $200, any higher and my wife will have my balls...

If you need more info...just ask....
    Last edited by Dengir; 2012-11-08 at 04:07 PM.

Would this, can't find it the motherboard will have the 2 connectors it needs, be able to run it

CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop PC with AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

I have a friend with that same setup, and he runs games just fine, including battlefield 3. You should be able to run any game out right now on high settings with only minor, barely noticeable frame drops here and there in hectic conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    I have a friend with that same setup, and he runs games just fine, including battlefield 3. You should be able to run any game out right now on high settings with only minor, barely noticeable frame drops here and there in hectic conditions.
    Ok. I get the computer next week, so just waiting a few more days. Then I will look inside the case to make 100% sure it will have everything I need. Thanks for everything.

Maybe consider the 7850. The Gigabyte 7850 is $180 + Free Shipping at Amazon http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyt...rd-gvr785oc1gd

Benchmark: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=549

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Maybe consider the 7850. The Gigabyte 7850 is $180 + Free Shipping at Amazon http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyt...rd-gvr785oc1gd

Benchmark: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=549
    Now does that come with the little plugs (6 pin like the other card).. Flame me for this but my motherboard doesn't have any...

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Now does that come with the little plugs (6 pin like the other card).. Flame me for this but my motherboard doesn't have any...
    Thank god your MB doesn't have those... Check your PSU instead, it might have them. If not, there are usually some Molex to 6-pin included with the video card...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you live in the US try the 660ti it's been on sale for $229 but it should go even cheaper. It's better than anything radeon you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    If you live in the US try the 660ti it's been on sale for $229 but it should go even cheaper. It's better than anything radeon you can get.
    No it isn't. The only nVidia card worth the money you pay for it is the GTX 660 (non-ti). AMD wins at every other price-point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No it isn't. The only nVidia card worth the money you pay for it is the GTX 660 (non-ti). AMD wins at every other price-point.
    Ok fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Ok fanboy.
    I am not a fan boy of anything, that word is used way to much nowadays. My previous card was an overclocked nVidia 9800GTX+

That really depends on the game though. Some just plain run better on nVidia and some run better on AMD, no matter the price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That really depends on the game though. Some just plain run better on nVidia and some run better on AMD, no matter the price point.
    AMD is closing the gap with new drivers - the difference is closing even on games that were a safe bastion for nVidia like BF3.

AMD is closing the gap with new drivers - the difference is closing even on games that were a safe bastion for nVidia like BF3.
    Well, OP didn't mention BF3 or any single player games really. He did mention WoW and Rift, which from what I have read run better on nVidia. I am not saying you are wrong, I would just like to see sources or proof as I am going to be upgrading in the nearish(Jan-Feb) future and it could affect my decision as well. Currently I am running a 6850 and was thinking of going with the 670.

Ok, so I have a GeForce 610 GT. I don't care if it's AMD or nVidia.. also no pin crap i need to hook up to my power supply. Just give me a decent upgrade from that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Ok, so I have a GeForce 610 GT. I don't care if it's AMD or nVidia.. also no pin crap i need to hook up to my power supply. Just give me a decent upgrade from that...
    every entry level gaming gpu requires power pin(s) because a pci slot cannot bring enough power to the card alone.
    also it is really easy it only fits one way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, OP didn't mention BF3 or any single player games really. He did mention WoW and Rift, which from what I have read run better on nVidia. I am not saying you are wrong, I would just like to see sources or proof as I am going to be upgrading in the nearish(Jan-Feb) future and it could affect my decision as well. Currently I am running a 6850 and was thinking of going with the 670.
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...rmance-17.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...rmance/20.html

There you go

7870 costs the same as a 660 overhere (Holland) so I wont even get that one.

So for the OP, either a 7850 or 7870 i would say.

Another thread with somebody praising the benefits of a certain video card brand whilst proudly displaying it in their sig.

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    Another thread with somebody praising the benefits of a certain video card brand whilst proudly displaying it in their sig.
    If it wasn't worth praising, why would they have spent 350 euros (400 bucks) of their own money on it last March? Think about it.