Deleted

shadow priest dot dmg (pvp)

I am just wondering why my dot dmg is lower than an unholy DK dots where theres are easier to spread and apply (imo).

I am assuming other spells are a lot better to keep pressure on the enemy team?

I am new to priests any suggestions?

Deleted
    Gear not as good?

Deleted
    Dots are kind if weak overall, more of our damage has been shifted into mindblast and devouring plague. Meaning if you are in a situation where you can not cast mind blast regularly, your damage is going to be quite terrible. Take Divine Insight to get some instant cast procs, otherwise you will be orb starved like crazy against any melee riding you (especially warriors with their ungodly amounts of stuns and interrupts).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigaar View Post
    Gear not as good?
    They both have full dreadful and a couple of malevolent pieces.

Yeah so, more dmg is moved into mind blast and stuff?

Deleted
    Yeah, it completly sucks. Dots are doing ridiculous dmg, and dots were the reason for leveling a spriest. Not a big fan of the current state of spriest, for both pve and pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not much you can do about that, although I personally don't think they're very weak. A full round of Pain, VT, and 3-orb DP will easily eat away more than half of someone's health.

Just make sure to get your DoTs up on everyone in range so you can take advantage of all the instant cast procs -- that's where the real damage comes from. If you have Pain and VT on 3 targets, you'll barely have enough GCDs to use all the Mind Spike and Mind Blast procs you'll get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    Not much you can do about that, although I personally don't think they're very weak. A full round of Pain, VT, and 3-orb DP will easily eat away more than half of someone's health.
    Most of that is the 3 orb DP though. the other two are pretty weak now and are little more than a means to proc DI and FDCL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Most of that is the 3 orb DP though. the other two are pretty weak now and are little more than a means to proc DI and FDCL.
    True, but PvP would be pretty boring if all we did was throw up some overpowered DoTs then sit back and watch everyone's health melt away. I like how well our damage and burst scale with multi-DoTing because of the FDCL and DI procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    long gone are the days of wotlk where if you put your 3 dots on someone that they were a goner without dispels or heals.
    I remember back when you could have 2 people on the demo's in strand just switching to my pve gear and rolling a whole team with just dots, now it's all about getting lucky fdcl or DI procs and hoping for big dp dmg.

I really feel like shadows play atm is the most rng it has been, at least we can off heal like champs (for now)
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-11-13 at 05:23 PM.
    Sig by Safhira