Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should i start playing wow again?

Okey... So i am thinking about starting with wow again. I have like 10 IRL mates playing together in a realm, but cant find any other reasons than that for starting. ( its a great reason to start again tho).
    Could you peps give me some reasons for why i should start with MoP or why i shouldnt? Is the game good? How is PvP? How is PvE?

Appreciate answers!

Deleted
    As with the "what class should I play" threads, we can only tell you what WE find fun. Not what YOU might think is good. As an example, lots of people HATE the fact that they HAVE to do dailies to progress their characters. I personally LOVE the fact that I do not HAVE to do dailies to progress my characters. And we can keep going like this, back and forth forever.

Return if YOU want to return.

Deleted
    If you're playing for a few weeks I can guarantee you you're hooked again

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought MoP and didn't resubscribe when I ran out of game time on October 8. Does that mean you won't enjoy it? Nope. Try it for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    As an example, lots of people HATE the fact that they HAVE to do dailies to progress their characters. I personally LOVE the fact that I do not HAVE to do dailies to progress my characters.
    You make no sense at all.

Every expansion has factions that offer items which are useful in PvE - enchants, gear, recipes, whatever.

In WotLK and Cata the rep for those factions could be earned by farming dungeons. In MoP it must be earned by doing dailies. That includes both valor points and the ability to spend them.

So do you HAVE to do dailies to progress your characters? No, but by the same reasoning you don't HAVE to play WoW either.

However, to say you LOVE the fact that you don't HAVE to do dailies is just stupid: There is undoubtedly more pressure to do dailies in MoP than before.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    If you're playing for a few weeks I can guarantee you you're hooked again
    I played for a few weeks.

I'm still subbed, but haven't logged in more than three times during the past month. I.HATE.DAILIES.

As Ambrodel said, it all depends what the person in question likes or not.

Here is a break down of pandaria.

Some of the best looking zones. Questing was good.

85-90 does take a while, dont expect to zerg in less than 20 hours played your first go around, but I liked it.

No flying til 90.

PvP servers do have small scale ganking which i find fun, when i whip them after they try to get me ^-^

More content than ever. LFR x2, raids x2, heroics, challenge modes, pet battles, shit is crazy.

Dailies there are a lot of them, and you do need to get revered to use Valor Points for gear, fortunately valor points arent that necessary, and the dailies seem interesting enough (If you liked the netherwing dailies for the drake, you might love the cloud serpents for your cloud serpent)

Rewards for exploring! A cloud mount. Arch is improved.

The world is actually interesting enough to be out in, pvp vendor not in a main city, but out in pandaria.

---PVP---

This is written by a 2k mmr 1850 team rating Frost Mage, in no way elite so maybe a top tier player will break it down better. (This Season)

PvP is still wow pvp, there is imbalance, and its the beginning of a new expansion so they always have problems like it was in s9/s5 and now in s12

There is a lot of CC, there is a lot of new abilities, its not extremely crazy, and the new PTR patch which seems to indicate more content is coming and seemingly soon. Will help tone down a lot of issues. Like warriors....omfg warriors.

There are videos of people taking 300k shots thru full resil from warriors. This is being nerfed, basically this is what happens.

Warrior has Thirst for blood, which is when they overpower (which happens everytime you Mortal Strike) you have a 30% chance to proc another and grant a TfB charge.

TfB increases the damage of your next Heroic strike or cleave by 100% stacks 5 times 15 sec duration.

its about a .2% chance they get the full five, but if they do and pop all cd's expect to get crushed. (Nerfed to 3 next patch) so max of 300% not 500%. We shall see how that goes.

Frost Mages, are on the high end, its a class design issue that needs a rework, we lost some control via novas 2 novas, 25 sec CD each vs the lower ones we used to have no big deal. However, they do no damage outside of fingers of frost ice lance, nova icelance (2 per 25) and breaks instantly (and its a bad idea to lance a nova) due to frost bomb. Frost bomb is our issue, we dont do damage outside it and deep freeze lance, Im literally talking like 15k frostbolt out of 360k hp. But our mastery scales with frozen damage and im currently at 45% more damage to frozen targets (WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS MASTERY WAS A GOOD IDEA) and I can toss 100-150k Frost bombs followed by 60k lances. This is too high, Frost Mages need better damage via frost bolt, and nerfed elsewhere imo.

Demo Locks - Hunters got nerfed, this is the 3rd biggest pvp balance issue They do a shit ton of burst.

Shadow Priest - 6 min CD lifeswap and offheals too strong for shadow.

PvP is a little on the hectic side, I expect it to fully get better as Season 1 of a expac always sucks balance wise.

Short summary. I like it, I think that blizzard worked their ass off on this expac, and this may be the best expac yet (Last time i had this good of memories was TBC and WOTLK) i remember reading the Cata changes in beta and knowing it would suck.

PvP is a lil imbalanced atm, PvE seems fantastic, while I havent raided past LFR personally (which i thought was a fantastic looking raid environments) I hear from friends its fun as hell, and it seems like heroic guilds arent plowing through it in a day. So it seems diffucult, some interesting new mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    However, to say you LOVE the fact that you don't HAVE to do dailies is just stupid: There is undoubtedly more pressure to do dailies in MoP than before.
    And that was my point: the pressure to do them is there, but it really is not mandatory in order to progress your character. So many people are whining (yes, whining!) about having to reach a certain level of reputation with Shado-Pan, August Celestials and so on, in order to progress. And by progress, they of course mean getting that tiny 0.1% increase in performance that won't make or break their raidgroup's overall performance or progression. I'm sitting at 472 average itemlevel, far above what is needed to complete the current raids. I have Tillers, Lorewalkers and Cloud Serpent on Exalted, the rest are Honored at most. I do not have to do the other factions, unless I want to, and I love that fact.

So it's not stupid and it doesn't "make no sense at all". It's true that I do not perform as well as those that have gotten the 489+ items from the factions, but that's an entirely different subject.

It depends when you quit WoW. If you quit during TBC or WotLK, then no - WoW is different beast now as it cardinally changed it's direction. If you quit during Cata - then yeah, MoP continues in same direction, and if you liked where WoW headed in Cata then you will like MoP.

No. Don't start.

No. Save your time and money. Used the 10 day free trial and there's nothing but lag due to CRZ, monk is the wish list of enhacement shamans, quests lore not compelling, I had always befiore stoped to read the full text of quest but didn't feel like doing it this time, and a grinding far worse than TBC for reputations with the dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    monk is the wish list of enhacement shamans.
    i chuckled when i read that, it is so true lol

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of things you'll read in this thread will be totally subjective. Like Ambrodel said, I can say I like one thing and state the game is worth buying because of that, while someone else says they hate that same thing and outright object to buying the game (popular topic: dailies). Imo, play the 10 day trial, get to 90 and play with your friends. See if it's something you wanna pay for again. That's probably going to be the most unbiased and solid advice you'll get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgatt View Post
    Okey... So i am thinking about starting with wow again. I have like 10 IRL mates playing together in a realm, but cant find any other reasons than that for starting. ( its a great reason to start again tho).
    Could you peps give me some reasons for why i should start with MoP or why i shouldnt? Is the game good? How is PvP? How is PvE?

Appreciate answers!
    Hell..... having 10 IRL friends playing it, joining them are the 10 best reasons you can get.
    WoW itself is in a good state. If you liked TBC, you should be comfortable. The game took a turn back towards TBC in some ways.
    It makes you work to get what you want, for certain valuable aspects. Yet on other aspects it's quite easier.

It has something for every preference of skill and challenge. If you wanna play casual. Have fun with a vast amount of fun stuff.
    If you want the challenge, and to beat your head against the wall until you succeed, have fun doing so. It's there.

As for PVP, it's the same as always. Best indication for that is, that every single class in the game is bitching about how OP the other guy is...
    Truth is, nothing changed.. Sometimes they do better, sometimes the others do.

Deleted
    Dont play again if u have got rid of the addiction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hell..... having 10 IRL friends playing it, joining them are the 10 best reasons you can get.
    10's a raid, 11's a crowd

15+ Year Old Account
    wow is the best game period.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play for the people, so if you have 10 or so IRL friends playing I'd say that's a plenty good reason to start playing again. That'd be super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgatt View Post

Appreciate answers!
    If you want to start playing wow again, do.
    If you don't want to start playing wow again, don't.

PVE is just as easy as it was before, scripted encounters that you can beat if you can use a keyboard and mouse. PVP is just as balanced as it ever was, run around trying to solo healers and you'll end up crying "overpowered" on forums. Work as a team and you'll have great success.

*I'm not saying pvp was ever balanced, but it's no more unbalanced than it ever has been
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    If you grew tired of the game in Cataclysm then don't, nothing new that will change that can be seen now unless you think petbattles seem like the shit.

If you left it earlier it might be diffrent enough that you like it, have one of those 10 buddies send you a ressurrect scroll to give a full week to decide for yourself.

Personally I think it's increadibly boring I unsubbed after first getting it only managing to reach level 88 in a months time the quests are godawful, I then resubbed just to reach 90 as I felt I perhaps was missing the best bit I tortured myself through an entire day of quests got to 90 and now feel I never want to log in again in my life.

Thank you all for great answers! Im pretty sure il start again, gonna be fun to play with my irl mates again. Some of you mentioned that MoP in many ways is like TBC, and thats something i like because i think TBC was the best expansion so far.
    On the other side i dailys sucks, so thats the sad thing about starting. WoW itself is fun to play in raids and pvp, but all the extra job with farming and getting gear throught quests is boring. TY again!