View Poll Results: Do you consider WoWProgress to be the most accurate rankings?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes, they should always be blindly believed and never questioned

80 80.81%
  • No, they have an obvious bias and should be scrutinized

19 19.19%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Your poll options are biased, change it to simple "Yes" and "No" if you care about accurate results.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    What even funnier is when Paragon announced they were going 10 man Euros were butthurt and considered Paragon a joke at the time. But now Paragon is still competing in top world kills as 10 man so now they say 10 man is "legit" and some are trying to say its harder then 25m.

Don't let it get to you bud, ignore what a website says is the best guild. Blood Legion was the first guild to kill Grand Empress. Let the EU scene cling onto whatever theory of ranking they want, doesn't change the fact that Blood Legion killed it first.

EU beat Blood Legion on every boss except the last 2 so their "head start" did them no good, and in fact were behind EU until the end. If BL got world first on every single boss...then yeah the head start could be taken into account. But when they fall behind EU guilds and pull it out at the end? they were on level ground at that point.
    I always chuckle when I see that attitude too. I know people who were huge defenders of 25 man... until they were forced to go 10s, then all of a sudden they were claiming 10s were harder then 25s, and 10s is where the real content is, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    because a race is about time spent, not who arrives first.
    Only when you're talking to EU-guild fan-boys about WoW. I'm pretty sure everyone else on the planet considers a race to be won by "who arrives first."

EDIT: For clarification, I really don't give a fuck about 'world firsts' in WoW (and neither do 99.9999% of the rest of the 7 billion people on this little blue speck of rock and water), but I hate stupidity and all you little Paragonites are being sincerely stupid about this.
    Last edited by PetersenIII; 2012-11-11 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unkillable the first day or not: 24 hours headstart in perfecting the rest of the fight.

It's not that the boss instakilled the raid 1 sec after pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Wowprogress doesnt take the release time for the boss into account. But it's based off the sum of score for the last bosses of MV and HoF. Guild gets progressively less score for each day after the first kill wherefore Paragon did get the max score for Empress (less than a day difference from the world first) and considering Paragon beat BL by almost 2 days on Will they are first.
    This. There is no time adjustment.

I really like the wording of your poll. "Are you a blind sheep who believes what they are told or intelligent person who can critically review the information they obtain?" That's right, click the button I want you to click so I can use this poll as evidence in my next flame-inciting thread!

Anyway, before you waste your time responding you might want to have a look at other great threads started by OP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-guild-in-WoW or maybe http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post18732466 or perhaps my personal favorite, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    This. There is no time adjustment.
    Can you explain why actually being first gets no points benefit? Or conversely, why 14 hours is still eligible for max score?
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-11-11 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Last month the paragon fans were saying their favorite guild was number 1 because they dropped the final boss of the first content before anyone else and before we get into the whole 10 vs 25 argument the truth is first is first. I personally weigh the 25 difficulty higher but that's my personal measure and is not for everyone. Now blood legion clear the new content first making them number 1 but wait the idiotic wowprogress is the be all end all rank for morons so they quote that as their scripture.

First is first and blood legion was first this time.
    This is NOT a seperate tier wowprogress ranks the whole tier. And paragon got vaults down before blood legion did. So no wowprogress works properly apart from not taking release time in to consideration.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    The race is not over, it ends with sha of fear.

Deleted
    What a moronic poll options. So much bias it hurts my eyes. Who's this guy and why is he such a sad BL fanboy?

World first + world secund vs world first + world 5

i would say gold + silver is better then gold + 5th

Deleted
    They should have 25 and 10 brackets next to each other on the front page like they have in diabloprogress.

At the end of the day, 10 man doesn't count. Blizzard has acknolwedged 25 man as being more demanding in multiple fields. 10 man is a joke and Paragon should be ashamed that they are trying to push 10 man as something that should be praised. I hope they suck on a carrot.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is just a bloody troll, Look at the threads he started he is probably a social in blood legion

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I really like the wording of your poll. "Are you a blind sheep who believes what they are told or intelligent person who can critically review the information they obtain?" That's right, click the button I want you to click so I can use this poll as evidence in my next flame-inciting thread!

Anyway, before you waste your time responding you might want to have a look at other great threads started by OP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-guild-in-WoW or maybe http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post18732466 or perhaps my personal favorite, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-snowflake.
    Sounds like a fan still upset their favorite guild was clearly beaten to world first by Blood Legion.

Complaining to me won't make paragon first they have to beat the next content to be ahead of Blood Legion. Right now Blood Legion crossed the finish line before anyone.

• Didn't Paragon actually spend an entire day less on Grand Empress Shek'zeer? Because of Ambershaker being broken for 10 man raids and having slowed Paragon down for an entire day?
    • Didn't Paragon and Method already have Imperial Vizier Zor'lok at 1% with a day less worth of progress than Blood Legion, while Blood Legion was still having major issues with the final phase? And then the encounter was nerfed to the ground and Blood Legion essentially got a free pass on killing a boss even though they were far, far behind both Paragon and Method on it prior to the nerf?
    • Wasn't the hotfix for Zor'lok put up at around 11PM Euro time, while it was put up smack in the middle of US prime time?

Am I right or wrong on any or all of the above?

Deleted
    Wowprogress isnt perfect but you seem to be a fanboy. Given your previous threads and your signature.

And if you actually look properly, it makes sense. Paragon have had better OVERALL performance this tier SO FAR than Blood Legion hence why they are CURRENTLY the best guild.

Your threads overall seem to be pretty biased and pointless considering theres still an entire instance to go.

Lets wait till Terrace is cleared before we go making claims about best guilds etc, mkay?

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    • Didn't Paragon actually spend an entire day less on Grand Empress Shek'zeer? Because of Ambershaker being broken for 10 man raids and having slowed Paragon down for an entire day?
    • Didn't Paragon and Method already have Imperial Vizier Zor'lok at 1% with a day less worth of progress than Blood Legion, while Blood Legion was still having major issues with the final phase? And then the encounter was nerfed to the ground and Blood Legion essentially got a free pass on killing a boss even though they were far, far behind both Paragon and Method on it prior to the nerf?
    • Wasn't the hotfix for Zor'lok put up at around 11PM Euro time, while it was put up smack in the middle of US prime time?

Am I right or wrong on any or all of the above?
    Regardless of any excuses anyone makes for the benefit of paragon to make them feel better the only thing that matters is first place. Last time paragon were first place, this time Blood Legion are first in the most current and relevant hard mode content.

Paragon may have their chance again but let the excuses go and give Blood Legion credit for winning the race this time.

Deleted
    Don't you get that the rankings also take into account MSV? The difference between the time paragon killed Will and BL killed Will is greater than the difference between the time BL killed Empress and paragon killed Empress, so, paragon gets a better rating.