View Poll Results: Do you consider WoWProgress to be the most accurate rankings?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes, they should always be blindly believed and never questioned

80 80.81%
  • No, they have an obvious bias and should be scrutinized

19 19.19%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    IIRC the only thing you proved is you were in paragon as a social or back up raider at best not a progression raider but I guess that's splitting hairs over little details. The only thing that matters to this topic is wowprogress is broken for putting the 2nd placed guild at number 1. Terrible ranking system when the winner is not acknowledged as the winner just to please the passionate euro fans that go crazy when paragon is beaten fairly.
    IIRC I was a raiding member of Paragon for the entire Cataclysm and was present on most first kills. Which in the context of the argument of that thread was good enough. IIRC it turned out you actually aren't Sejta and you suddenly stopped posting.

So would you mind actually explaining how WoWProgress is biased or broken? For as long as it has existed, it has ranked tiers as a whole and used the points that decay over time as a basis for ranking. Would you be happy with the system if it suddenly broke the tradition and completely forgot about Mogu'shan Vaults so that Blood Legion could be ranked as #1?

Gotta love the options, someones a little butt sore.

Deleted
    I don't like how the poll is so strict so I didn't choose an option. I would probably go for the second as they aren't favoring anyone over another. It's just how the site works, the score is determined by the day the raids were released on EU/US. Paragon is top ranked again exactly because it's probably the same time they put effort into the the raid as Blood Legion did (or slightly less). Stop crying, everyone knows that Blood Legion killed the boss first and that Vizier was unkillable on tuesday before hotfixes and therefore it was a barrier for US which prevented Blood Legion or any other US guild from getting an advantage over EU top guilds. It was a fair and square race, we know who got the World first, no reason to talk about it anymore. As an overall "first" of tier 14 Paragon takes the title but as Heart of Fear World first Empress BL does. I don't think there is any point arguing about this.

Last month the paragon fans were saying their favorite guild was number 1 because they dropped the final boss of the first content before anyone else and before we get into the whole 10 vs 25 argument the truth is first is first. I personally weigh the 25 difficulty higher but that's my personal measure and is not for everyone. Now blood legion clear the new content first making them number 1 but wait the idiotic wowprogress is the be all end all rank for morons so they quote that as their scripture.

First is first and blood legion was first this time.
    The only thing that I find a joke in this matter, is your so called poll. What a nice, completely objective poll. How did you manage to come up with such objectivity?

You keep saying first is first, as if this is a single race. It is not. 25-man is different than 10-man. Not harder, or easier, different. So there is no single race. There are two different races. You don't compare apples to oranges even though both are fruit.

What is more, the standings are not final for the tier. They are far from it, since the tier is not over yet. Blood Legion is the current number one 25-man raiding guild in the world right now. Deservedly so. And congratulations to them. But we are still two thirds towards the end of the tier, with what seems like the most difficult part ahead of us still.

On the actual matter, I think that WoWProgress' rating is of very good quality. Not perfect. Far from it, but still the best available.

The reason european guilds are ranked differently is because they start later on up to now. There are exceptions to that, but it is the general rule, followed almost every tier. WoWProgress could do something about the exceptions, like in this case, where the first boss was hotfixed, but then again the boss was said to be killable, just extremely hard, and the reason it was altered was to nerf it so it could be the pushover a first boss in a raid dungeon should be according to the developing team. There is a difference between extremely hard and unkillable.

With Method still stuck, Blood Legion seem to be the undisputed champions of this raid dungeon in the 25-man race. And Paragon, like the last time, seem to be light-years away from anyone else in 10-man. And that is how it is. There are two different world firsts. and they have both been taken. WoWProgress shouldn't put the two together at all in my opinion, since they are so different. they could have a general leaderboard with progress just for practical pusposes, so that someone could see all the guilds together, but not mix their points, just list them depending on their best time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    • Didn't Paragon actually spend an entire day less on Grand Empress Shek'zeer? Because of Ambershaker being broken for 10 man raids and having slowed Paragon down for an entire day?
    • Didn't Paragon and Method already have Imperial Vizier Zor'lok at 1% with a day less worth of progress than Blood Legion, while Blood Legion was still having major issues with the final phase? And then the encounter was nerfed to the ground and Blood Legion essentially got a free pass on killing a boss even though they were far, far behind both Paragon and Method on it prior to the nerf?
    • Wasn't the hotfix for Zor'lok put up at around 11PM Euro time, while it was put up smack in the middle of US prime time?

Am I right or wrong on any or all of the above?
    Euro isn't a timezone....

What the fuck is up with the 2 poll choices? Such a stupid thread.

The day when we can slap ppl through the interwebs can't come soon enough...
    STOP COMPARING 10 AND 25!
    They were never equal, aren't equal today and will never be equal!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

OP is just another Blood Legion fanboy. I don't get it. They get one world first and suddenly they're considered the best guild ever since Paragon in their 25-man era, and it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    When someone says 'Euro time' it is generally taken as CET (Central European Time). At least that's my experience, and my work takes me all across Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    No, but the server time for all European servers is constant. And I'm guessing that's what he's referring to.

Regardless of any excuses anyone makes for the benefit of paragon to make them feel better the only thing that matters is first place. Last time paragon were first place, this time Blood Legion are first in the most current and relevant hard mode content.

Paragon may have their chance again but let the excuses go and give Blood Legion credit for winning the race this time.
    The race isn't HOF the race is t14, so no one won the race.

You talk about bias, but your poll is nothing but biased. Wowprogress is easily the most accurate website for tracking raiding progress and much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    Europe gets all patches a day behind the U.S. and wowprogress reflects this in the rankings.
    Yes and no.

We do get content a day after US region, but that's never been an issue.., ever, so saying that wowprogress is reflecting that is false!

I still regard Paragon as the absolute best, but my personal opinion is that 25man is where the real contest is.., and hats of to BL for being Kings of the Hill this time, they've earned it..!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decev View Post
    This, this, and uhm, this. People have to realise that, and there wouldn't be any kind of debate concerning the credibility of the site.

Also, why do people even consider Paragon an "EU" guild, when they're all Finnish? All the other top guilds are either EU international, or US international so it makes sense. But Paragon? Not an EU guild.
    They are counted as an EU guild because finland (you should know this) is in Europe.... *facepalm*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Blood Legion was only first because US get content a day early. if you take into account the 1 day headstart, Paragon killed them a few hours earlier than BL. and it's only fair to substract the head start, because a race is about time spent, not who arrives first. else a time trial cycling cross would always be won by one of the first to depart.
    First is First. It is called the Worlds First and not the Worlds Fastest. You can't even judge that based on WoWprogress because you don't know how many attempts a guild did on the boss. If you start subtracting time for any reason then you have to only add the time spent working on the bosses. And not time spent in between doing something else.

The first to kill the boss in the World was Blood Legion. The one to kill the boss in the shortest amount of time has yet to be seen for the reasons stated above. Blood Legion was only first because they were the first to kill the boss. No other reason made them first.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wrong. In a marathon with 30 000 people, everyone gets their personal time taken because you cannot line up 30 000 ppl on the startline. And a race is one "by who arrives first" ONLY when everybody also "STARTS at the same time". Which clearly is not the case.
    Touchè, I hadn't really considered Marathons.

Cool, so we should be giving all the old World Firsts (and maybe even these) to the Asians, right? I mean they spent the least amount of time on the content when they finally got it, right?

I still say that argument is bunk. It's like saying if some third-world nation were to finally gets a space program and sends a man to the moon in less time than it took NASA, he gets to preempt Niel Armstrong. Absurd. World first is first.

10+ Year Old Account
    It averages both instances. Blood Legion got MSV 5th, Paragon got HoF 2nd. Thus, Paragon higher on average.

Now just hope Sha of Fear will be worth more points than those 2 tbh.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locking. Seriously OP is getting out of hand, you even putting them in your sig. Quit the spam.