10+ Year Old Account

Is this computer good for gaming?

I mainly play WoW, but I would like to get into Crysis and some other games. This is the first time I am going to be building my computer, so I would like some feedback.

All of these items can be found on newegg.com
    Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G
    Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 2133
    Rosewill CAPSTONE Power Supply
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX
    MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti 2 GB

Total: $978.92

I have a HDD and optical drive that I will use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'dd say yes, yes it is.
    I like juice

Which version of the Rosewill Capstone are you buying? 80+ gold has a price premium on it, you can do pretty well with a 80+ Bronze unit from Seasonic for less.

You can squeeze some money from the RAM going from 2133 to 1600 Mhz.

From these two areas, I'd spend more on the SSD and get a 128 GB unit of a higher quality line. Samsung 830/840, Vertex 4, etc.

Since the price of the P8Z77-V LK and the LX are approximately the same you should opt for LK, its a higher quality part.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-11-13 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Which version of the Rosewill Capstone are you buying? 80+ gold has a price premium on it, you can do pretty well with a 80+ Bronze unit from Seasonic for less.

From these two areas, I'd spend more on the SSD and get a 128 GB unit of a higher quality line. Samsung 830/840, Vertex 4, etc.
    All solid suggestions. But you have a solid system there, and if you don't want to change it, you should be fine. That said, trading down for the RAM and the PSU (while still getting a solid PSU) in favor of upgrading the SSD, would be my choice as well.

You might suffer instability issues with that SSD. GO for a Samsung 830 or a Crucial M4 instead as they both have proven themselves as excellent SSD's and the most value for money you can get in a SSD at this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post

Since the price of the P8Z77-V LK and the LX are approximately the same you should opt for LK, its a higher quality part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    You might suffer instability issues with that SSD. GO for a Samsung 830 or a Crucial M4 instead as they both have proven themselves as excellent SSD's and the most value for money you can get in a SSD at this time.
    I'll third the Samsung 830 suggestion, and they where on sale recently so you might get a good deal on a 128 or 256gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

I'll fourth(?) it. Get a Samsung 830 or Crucial M4 instead. Otherwise it's a good, solid build.

to be fair you can grab a radeon card such as the 7950 for the same price of the nvidia unless you really prefer not to use radeons.

Also believe there is a sale on samsungs ssd on newegg.