Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    I find fistweaving even more boring
    I read this as "I'm really bad at playing my Monk, so everything is boring".

Seems to me that you haven't grasped what Monk healing is, and instead of learning more about the class you just choose to whine about each ability instead.

Fistweaving is hilarious on Elegon LFR. I suddenly got the idea to do it on the last phase and pulled ahead on throughput. Even without eminence the amount you heal for with auto attacks can be pretty insane. And my gear is pretty bad to boot.
    Looking forward to more encounters where you can get insane damage modifiers like Halfus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashim View Post
    Fistweaving is hilarious on Elegon LFR. I suddenly got the idea to do it on the last phase and pulled ahead on throughput. Even without eminence the amount you heal for with auto attacks can be pretty insane. And my gear is pretty bad to boot.
    Looking forward to more encounters where you can get insane damage modifiers like Halfus.
    My heal gear is like 90% blues, (tho all 463) just an offspec I maintain incase we're short, and I fistweave'd the entire fight, I was @ like a solid 10% ahead of the guy in second on the meters. Double Dipping Emenence is FTW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    At 90, you will almost never use Soothing Mist for anything besides casting Enveloping Mist and the rare Surging Mist. It doesn't scale very well after Cataclysm. You'll be focusing heavily on keeping renewing mist up and fistweaving 5-mans with Enveloping Mist being your Tank-saver.
    Except not really. You'll be channeling soothing most of the time on a tank, to generate chi to spam uplift more often.

But you obviously wouldn't know since you haven't even healed a full raid besides lfr yet on your monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Except not really. You'll be channeling soothing most of the time on a tank, to generate chi to spam uplift more often.

But you obviously wouldn't know since you haven't even healed a full raid besides lfr yet on your monk.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but I've almost never come across another MW on this subforum that didn't recommend Jab-Jab-Uplift if there's any rush to Uplift at all.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Healing through damage is dull, and not exciting gameplay.

It's for healers who want to dps, but also top the healing meters at the same time.

There is nothing remotely skillful about Eminence healing. If you can't target the player(s) you want for ALL of your healing, then that's a no-brain way to play.

Healing is about lightning speed reaction times and keeping people alive. Not splash healing players that you don't even choose to heal. It's dull for Atonement and it's still dull now. Smart heals are fair enough, but so smart that everything you do (apart from the odd Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist) hits players you don't even target? No thanks.

Top the meters all you want, but that's a boring way to play.

Play your mistweaver however you want.

Really it can be said the same as not Fistweaving you are just playing the "Fill in the blanks" UI game. Attonement and Fistweaving is not optimal but shouldn't be discarded too. Like many have said, damage modifier encounters are where such healing style shine and there is no reason for you to gimp yourself sticking to conventional healing.

Remember back when the days Halfus Mortal Wound debuff was bypassed from Attonement healing and the damage modifier ensured that the tank could be topped up solo without mana issues?

Contribute to your raid, play to you maximum. Apples and oranges, you still have to eat whichever if you want the Vitamin Cs, you may like oranges but peeling the skin off you could have eaten two apples.

I'm not a strong advocate of conventional healing seeing as it churned out a hell lot of tunnel vision raiders. Just this week itself I've been getting people who fail at dodging sound orbs on HoF first boss. Reason? UI clutter can't see the safe path clearly. Not once, not twice, it is always the same person failing - so what if he tops heals? He's eating oranges while driving a car, bound for disaster.

Healing never needed lightning speed reaction time, if you actually needed that means people are either failing a lot, or you're not anticipating enough nor pre-casting enough.

As far as role difficulty goes:

Optimal max DPS > Optimal max DPS Tanking > Optimal HPS/MPH Healing > Average Joe Tanking > Average Jane Healing > Average Jack DPSing

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Agree with this, fistweaving is much bigger than atonement, and I consider any mistweaver that doesn't fistweave (outside of raid content) to be sub-par and not utilizing their full potential.
    With the change to SM in the next patch, its not nearly as bad anymore.
    So I don't think he would have to quit playing if he doesn't like doing Jab.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 03:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

What sucky raid leader put you on the tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay is it possible to go back to talking about healing without the whole Fistweaving?
    I recommend you play a paladin, the HP system is very much like Chi without any melee or channeling

The only fight where "fistweaving" could possibly be required is Elegon, anywhere else and it won't even be 5-10 % of your healing, and even then that 5-10 % could easily be done by extra Uplift / Soothing Mist / etc.

On many fights it's just impossible to do, for example Will of the Emperor.
    On some fights it is extremely subpar, for example Wind Lord Mel'jarak, Garalon, Vizier Zor'lok during Atteunation & Force and Verve, and Stone Guard depending on your group's positioning (Although it can be good on this fight, pretty much only on Heroic though)

Note: I'm talking about normal modes for the most part, in heroic raids you'll need to do "fistweaving" on some fights.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2012-11-12 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Wind Lord Mel'jarak, Garalon
    So doing 100% more damage isn't good enough to warrant fistweaving? Right....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Healing through damage is dull, and not exciting gameplay.

It's for healers who want to dps, but also top the healing meters at the same time.

There is nothing remotely skillful about Eminence healing. If you can't target the player(s) you want for ALL of your healing, then that's a no-brain way to play.

Healing is about lightning speed reaction times and keeping people alive. Not splash healing players that you don't even choose to heal. It's dull for Atonement and it's still dull now. Smart heals are fair enough, but so smart that everything you do (apart from the odd Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist) hits players you don't even target? No thanks.

Play your mistweaver however you want.
    THANK YOU! This is just how i feel. Well said man

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    So doing 100% more damage isn't good enough to warrant fistweaving? Right....
    Have you actually done Garalon?

Uplift + Renewing Mist & SCK/Jab spam far outperforms anything you could do with "fistweaving", Uplift alone is ridiculous on that fight, Mistweavers relentlessly shit all over every other healer on that fight even without "fistweaving".

On Mel'Jarak there's no bonus damage so I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2012-11-12 at 08:28 AM.

THANK YOU! This is just how i feel. Well said man
    Then why are you guys playing MW? This is obviously not the class for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Because whack-a-mole healing sooooo much more fun, right? Most players that find fistweaving boring are just not doing it right. You are not meant to exclusively do one style of healing, most fights encourage different playstyles. This is where it gets fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Then why are you guys playing MW? This is obviously not the class for you.
    What exactly is so entertaining about "fistweaving"? You at most use three abilities, mainly jab & blackout kick, and tiger palm strike sometimes, maybe, the majority of the time it's just auto attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    What exactly is so entertaining about "fistweaving"? You at most use three abilities, mainly jab & blackout kick, and tiger palm strike sometimes, maybe, the majority of the time it's just auto attacking.
    You don't want to fistweave, and you don't like using uplift and RnM because its random.
    If you want to target people and heal, then no matter how you look at it this is the wrong class. Our single target heals suck donkey balls. They are just outrageously bad...

Personally I don't completely fistweave outside of 5 mans.
    Usually its just jab for the chi. Serpent's Zeal is too annoying to bother with and requires near perfect playing to get a plus out of it. Tiger palm is in a similar place imo.
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-12 at 08:44 AM.

There is no "fistweaving" or not "fistweaving" for Mistweaver healing, there's only doing what's best for each encounter. In many fights that means that you should always have 2 stacks of Serpent's Zeal up. If you can be in melee range, jab+jab+uplift is THE best AOE healing you can do (keeping RM up on as many people as possible of course). If you don't like that you should be healing in melee range most fights, go play a different healing class. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Banditkid View Post
    There is no "fistweaving" or not "fistweaving" for Mistweaver healing, there's only doing what's best for each encounter. In many fights that means that you should always have 2 stacks of Serpent's Zeal up. If you can be in melee range, jab+jab+uplift is THE best AOE healing you can do (keeping RM up on as many people as possible of course). If you don't like that you should be healing in melee range most fights, go play a different healing class. Simple as that.
    Serpents zeal is only worth it if you can stay in melee nearly the whole time.
    SCK SCK uplift says high!

OP, soothing is like our version of healing wave, nourish etc.

It is meant to be low single target healing. It works with our other spells like none of the other healers that are on the post-cata shaman model.
    It is channeled, but you pay for the channel per sec rather than at the cast. You are not penalized for switching targets.
    You say it feels like you're stuck on one target but this is for single target healing. If multiple ppl are taking damage, you can use spinning crane kick and uplift.

Honestly, I can't understand why you feel limited at all. Monks have the most control over their healing than any other healer, especially when it comes to soothing.
    We pay by the second rather than per cast. Which means we get out heals in faster, or at least gradually instead of in lumps.
    We have almost no cast times. I've played all the healing classes and this is the best thing about monk healing to me. You add healing to your filler heal instantly.
    How is this inhibiting?!

Mechanics-wise you will not find a healer with more control over their single target heals, and aoe healing should never be a problem. If you were complaining about soothing's mana cost or tank healing in general, then it would be reasonable. Yes, we need better single target numbers on a raid level and soothing is too much mana for it's rng. It will be better next patch with the buffs, but your problem is not with numbers. It is with design, which I can't really understand.

EDIT: My point in the middle was not that our healing is slower but that there's little down time. Rather than waiting for casts, you are almost always pumping out heals. There may be times when you'll want to slow down for your mana but every healer does that and it's the nature of healing. My point is that you don't have to stand up and cast, you get to control your healing in real time.
    Last edited by Allyrion; 2012-11-12 at 08:58 AM.