Deleted

New OS Installed but cannot identify Router. Need help!

Hey, I have an issue that is driving me mad. I have just reinstalled Windows Vista for my old PC that my gf is using however it cannot detect any Network devices i.e. my Router and it is wired directly to it. No idea why this is happening as I have never seen this problem. I cannot do windows updates if I cannot connect it to and she is now using my pc a lot which is bugging me lol.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

I have tried using the trouble shooter and it cannot detect any problems.

"I have just reinstalled Windows Vista"... oh dear.

Sounds like you need your network card drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Sounds like you need your network card drivers.
    Probably this.

The easy way to fix this would be to figure out the make/model of your motherboard, hop onto the internet with whatever computer you're posting here from and download the network/ethernet drivers from the manufacturer's website.

...or see if you have the disk that comes with the Mobo kicking around.

Deleted
    I wanted to install Windows 7 but it is not my computer and it is what I've been asked to put on it..........

Because your network card isn't working due to lack of driver, the only way to get the driver to the PC is via an external means...CD/DVD, Flash drive/USB stick or a phone with internal storage

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    I wanted to install Windows 7 but it is not my computer and it is what I've been asked to put on it..........
    I've had this and I've just used Windows 7 instead. Nobody noticed.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    I used Windows 7 but since it was not a genuine copy we had a few issues but I fixed them however the PC never ran properly and the person who was using it decided to blame it on Windows 7 so I then reinstalled Vista and now I have this issue. I am not installing Windows 7 again so stop mentioning it. But thank you for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    I used Windows 7 but since it was not a genuine copy we had a few issues but I fixed them however the PC never ran properly and the person who was using it decided to blame it on Windows 7 so I then reinstalled Vista and now I have this issue. I am not installing Windows 7 again so stop mentioning it. But thank you for the advice!
    Fair enough. As others have said, you'll want to grab the driver for the NIC and transfer them to the PC having problems.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7