Xerath, worth my time?

I am an AP mid player... It's what I'm best at. My main is gragas (most other apc's can't counter him, either a "hard battle but winable" or just plain stomp) or ryze for when I'm in the mood to smash my face on qwer and win.
    Xerath's play style I think is really cool.... But I can't seem to get the HUGE WTFSNOWBALL K/D
    From my experience he really can't get the killing blow in lane most the time. In team fights I'm an assist carry. Usually a normal game for me is 7/1/9 or along those lines... It's not what I'm used to with gragas or ryze.

Is Xerath really worth it competitively? Am I doing something wrong. Because if it's not worth my time, I need a new mid to play with

he is fun. the thing is, you cant fight a proper 1v1 like a gragas or ryze. Xeraths kit is more a "poke, poke, poke - KILL COMBO" style.

Use your W into E and then Q to do some good dmg at a range where the enemy wont be able to fight back unless they flash and engage in fight, but then you can still disable your W and run the fuck away or flash your self.

After a few W+E+Q combos, do the same opening with W and E and then weave your ulti in the combo, either finishing them with that or get an ignite in aswell.

His Q and ulti got quite some cast time, and his W completely locks him in place, so he isn't a very mobile champion. Thats why a 1v1 fight vs champs like gragas and casiopeia is baaad for xerath.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    He's okay. But far less effective at winning than other APs as it's lot harder with him to snowball other lanes.

I'm finding a hard time GETTING the kills... I'll poke poke poke.... Then when I set up the kill the.. W, E, Q, R, R, R, Q And they get away with like 50 hp... A VERY high % of the time. Definitely not denying the style is fun... That's why I like him.... But it seems he lacks that KILLING power.... Not to mention with the "burst combo" , 9/10 ur out of range of ignite... So u can't finish em

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    I'm finding a hard time GETTING the kills... I'll poke poke poke.... Then when I set up the kill the.. W, E, Q, R, R, R, Q And they get away with like 50 hp... A VERY high % of the time. Definitely not denying the style is fun... That's why I like him.... But it seems he lacks that KILLING power.... Not to mention with the "burst combo" , 9/10 ur out of range of ignite... So u can't finish em
    Get you're E on them stun them with ultimate first time, murder them with the next 2 and if that doesn't do it, w and q to finish.
    Hey everyone

Doesn't that SEVERELY cut ur potential dmg since W gives HUGE spell pen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Doesn't that SEVERELY cut ur potential dmg since W gives HUGE spell pen?
    I mean you should be able to burst them down with your ultimate if you hit all of them and then the w and q is just in case.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Xerath is more of a seige caster than a burst caster thanks to his ult nerfs a while back. He used to be an absolute monster till they slowed down his ult to what it is now. Really hard to hit just one, nevermind all 3. He's not bad, there are just lots of other safer and better picks out there.

Am just "going for the kill" too early? It's usually at 40-30%
    Not bring able to take 30% with the WHOLE W, E, Q, R, R, R, Q.... That's kinda lame

I would say that he's not worth it, there's a reason people don't play him.
    There's many other AP mids that can do his job much better.
    He's got no escapes, bad passive and not reliant CC.
    He needs damage buff or he'll stay in the corner and cry.

He is really worth playing imo, but he is not really an Apc that will net alot of kills, his job is more to force a team off a tower. Think of him like AP nid, he can put down alot of poke, but his over all engage in team fights is not as strong as others. Getting kills with him is hard, your best bet is once you hit 6, if you can get them to around 40ish% an E,Q,Ulti ignite combo should be enough. But remember once you get the E down, go into his siege mode for the magic pen and the increased range.

Personally I don't like him, but always found him a very good siege style champion, and with enough farm you can push team offs towers very effectively