Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

bad tanks pull 3, kill 2, then pull 3 more while that last one tags along, slowly
    (ur preference is the way everyone should do it? why?)

bad tanks move/dance with teh mobs because they lack the experience to know how to position a pack where they want it
    (standing still is boring, mobs have avoidable dmg, u bad or?)

bad tanks have downtime. there is no reason to stop hitting stuff. you should go fast.
    (again personal preference = gospel ?)
    get over urself, self entitlement iz bad!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have leveled 25 characters to 85+, 14 of which were done via leveling as a tanking spec in dungeons. I have never ran into so many rude and shitty players than this time while leveling a brewmaster.

The difference between us, OP, is you seem to be a nice person just trying to get by. I, on the other hand, am a huge asshole and love to troll, so if people want to start shit with me, prepare to hate life.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    I have to say now days it seems like u get alot more retards then you used to or non english speaking people (same difference) which makes it ALOT harder. The usuals being pet taunts on or DK's in blood or pallys with righteous fury or my favorite aspect of the pack on till they get kicked.

People will allways be rude because its the internet and they can do it without any real drawback.

While leveling i generally pull between 2-5 packs depending on how good or bad the healer is and just aoe it down. With vengence ur gonna do 50%+ of the dmg as a tank & aoeing so when you look at the numbers fuck w/e is best for dps if ur going to do the most dmg use it.

I have been tanking since early Vanillia and i have to say now days is the worse for people pulling and aggroing things. You had alot of noobgro's in vanillia but now people just pull more mobs all the time, I think out of all the instances i have done only 1 person has asked if i could pull faster while ALOT of people have just aggro'ed stuff because i wasn't pulling fast enough for them. So get used to it its going to happen alot.

Best advice is get used to it and just remember as a tank u get those instant pops so in the end they can cry and complain but your be in a new instance before they finshed typing.

Also u can leave after u kill 1 boss in an instance.

As far as the "Monk XP buff, pull as much as you can" is a silly argument made up by people who don't understand math. The XP of killing bosses and clearing dungeons while spamming the queue outweighs the benefit of killing every mob you can find by a large margin. Of course, thats unless your group can do some massive aoe pulls efficiently.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm happy to report that after having moved into Wrath the rudeness and general issues diminished to pretty much nil.

Again, I think the layout of dungeons contributes to this, ie. pulls are fairly obvious.

On the topic of dungeons, the only complaints I still have are regarding the kick mechanic:

- The wait timer after you've zoned in is extremely annoying. Plenty of times I've zoned in only to have someone AFK at the entrance, or completely not participate, until we can get them kicked. It doesn't affect anything if we're one DPS down, but it's still irritating.

- The "can't kick for 4 hours" issue I get CONSTANTLY in dungeons. No idea what causes this.

- Unable to kick during combat.

I found dungeons to be a horrible experience on my brewmaster monk, I did 2-3 dungeons each 10 brackets at most once each dungeon and never twice the same dungeon because imo it seems like dungeon + dungeon quest > questing > dungeon grind for leveling up. specially at 60-70 where flight makes many trash skippable while questing.

however people have been assholes, pulling instead of me, qqin and much more. I saw dps dks getting blasted to oblivion while the healer struggled and oomed because he kept blood presence up without ever using death strike, I just let it happen, eventually said dk died to a mob I decided not to pick up but saved our healer and he rage quitted. Another group decided to go ahead of me so I thought I could sit back and craft while they got me some xp my first aid was lagging behind afterall. They died, healer left they qqed I cleared what they had left alive alone (chi wave is op) then others couldn't kick me because I was in combat.

I see what you mean but low-level dungeons are full of griefers who tend not to reach 85+! since i got to pandaria and dungeons everything has been going well except for a few dps who can't pull 10k lol and every healer seem pleased with my performance. low level wow = garbage wow where the kids play.

my girlfriend also started healing on her monk and she's panicking about it so I take my time with her and let her drink and stuff, no complaint so far. She's learning but no one usually dies in our runs even if she has to sit and drink for 20 sec after 2 of the 4 boss (40 sec big deal but I could see some low level griefer qqin) and the lv 85+ so far have been amazing.

if you find someone trying to play the hero just let him die, try to spot em early so they can't kick you while you stay back and watch them get angry, pull mobs and kill themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post
    So I'm happy to report that after having moved into Wrath the rudeness and general issues diminished to pretty much nil.

Again, I think the layout of dungeons contributes to this, ie. pulls are fairly obvious.

On the topic of dungeons, the only complaints I still have are regarding the kick mechanic:

- The wait timer after you've zoned in is extremely annoying. Plenty of times I've zoned in only to have someone AFK at the entrance, or completely not participate, until we can get them kicked. It doesn't affect anything if we're one DPS down, but it's still irritating.

- The "can't kick for 4 hours" issue I get CONSTANTLY in dungeons. No idea what causes this.

- Unable to kick during combat.
    It means you kick too many people, and it happens to almost everyone from time to time.

It is a safety feature built into the game to prevent douchebags from spamming the kick option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
    I've found it's mostly at lower level because people can do it and get away with it. I haven't seen people behave in heroics the same way they do in level 20 dungeons. Part of that might well be that the kind of people that cause trouble don't run heroics at max level, or even get that far.
    This a million times

I'm pretty sure people just like to cause fights. I was healing BRS on a Shammy and no one was dying, everything was smooth, and then halfway through one of the DPS whined that I was terrible and wasn't using enough totems when I used healing spring and magma every pull.

Deleted
    Oh lfg gets better at level 90 you enter as a tank, say hi and 95% of the time after that initial hi in the /p nothing else is written in the chat. And 10-20 mins later, depending on the dungeon, you all go your merry way never to meet each other again.

Strangely the name of this song fits very well.
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2012-11-13 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    It means you kick too many people, and it happens to almost everyone from time to time.

It is a safety feature built into the game to prevent douchebags from spamming the kick option.
    Did you mean the "kick for 4 hours" thing is from too many kicks? I didn't know that. It always seems very random for me.

If I do 10 dungeons and I kick in one of them, I have had it come up. Others in the party will try and get the same message. I wasn't aware that they calculated it so heavily against you. It's not unusual to run a string of dungeons and have someone AFK at the start multiple times, and have to remove them so we can get someone else in... Well, now I know.

I popped into a random LFD to hear 4 people (healer and mage vs tank and rogue) just taunting each other back and forth. They had apparently wiped on a boss in stormstout brewery and were just yelling at each other. The mage was calling the tank and the rogue worthless piles of crap. So the tank pulls the boss, drops group and then the mage starts kiting the boss. We end up downing the boss without a tank all the while the mage is still telling the rogue how crappy his dps is and how he should kill himself for not doing more dps. I have no idea how it got to that point, but I just didn't say a word and got all the bosses down after we got a new tank. The rogue dropped group after the second boss.

All I know is, I felt like a third wheel on a date gone horribly wrong. I just wanted to get the instance done as fast as possible and hopefully never see any of those people again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't pay off to be polite anymore with the CRZ and Instance Queues.
    It would benefit you greatly to be nice to a group so maybe you could keep running dungeons together, tank and healers where hard to come by on just the server.

I think everyone's getting the mentality that HEY well if we don't like how its going we just kick and get someone else back in... well because it is simple as that. You could be nothing wrong and people are just doing it for "LULZ" instead of actually caring... It's pretty ridiculous anymore. I enjoy being able to queue up whenever and where ever I am because it's easy to find a group... but because it is so easy this is what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    The boyfriends are the new healers mine is healing too!
    What do gay or lesbian couples do if it's supposed to be gf healer bf tank anyway I always wondered

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been tanking since the end of BC on my pally, and have seen things change in the way groups act around mobs. A lot of dps think they can dictate the runs, and try to pull for you at lower level now, but rule of thumb I have always used, which works well... 1st time, ok, I'll handle it...then warn the person, pull again, you tank it. If they die, laugh at them for being retarded. Only a couple classes I've seen at lower level have been able to handle it...shammies with chain lightening, and now monks. Usually people fall into line and it works out. As you keep leveling and move into cata heroics, dps will fall in line as they should behind you, especially since you have your BF healing for you...you 2 set the pace of the runs, if they really don't like the few minutes longer for a run, they'll leave when it's over and hope the next tank/healer combo is capable of doing things without killing them.

Also keep in mind too...when dps realize how good you are as a tank/healer combo, they usually start asking if you plan to run more, because they want to stay with a good group!

Hey, really sorry you had to go through that. It's very rare nowadays to find people that have an ounce of respect for anyone else in the group. What you should do is /ignore anyone that's a real prick so you never have to queue with them again, and if they are bad enough just report them. Personally I never stand for harassment. I've had several times while leveling in LFD and also while doing dailies where people are just rude and go out of their way to inconvenience you just because they think nothing will happen. I may be a little 'report-happy' (as in I report people quite often if it's bad enough..even something as simple as name calling or cursing in my direction, you just don't do that) but maybe it will teach these people a lesson if & when their accounts get suspended.

And actually I disagree with one thing you said, haha. When the tank pulls mobs that don't need to be pulled it's a slight annoyance and one could even argue that since you are a tank you would probably get more exp if you skipped optional pulls and just re-queue again afterwards (since you get the bonus exp for finishing). Even though it annoys me I always ask politely if they mind just skipping those pulls. If they are really adamant about wanting to do them I say watevs, it only adds another few minutes to the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What do gay or lesbian couples do if it's supposed to be gf healer bf tank anyway I always wondered
    the Bottom heals; the top Tanks
    duh

Deleted
    blame LFR

In tbc (when you played warrior) people were held accountable for being cunts
    now they are not

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Well, I kinda agree the point of LFD is to be quick if you want XP go quest. LFD is a quick way for me to burn up some of my rested XP I don't want to be in it for an hour.

There will always be tank abuse because they get into dungeons instantly, are in the spotlight, can need gear for offspecs against the other player's of their armor type in group. While the dps wait a bit longer for no extra rewards the tanks get.

I'll take the abuse. I have 3 second queue times. :P