Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How many people signed the petition? According to the article 7-8000 at most in a state with a total population in the millions? Yeah, the US is totally falling apart /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by amarristo View Post
    If Texas was to leave, especially on poor relations, the States would collapse. The oil and gas industry that Texas has alone would cripple the US if it ceased to be Federally controlled. It would then be left upto Canada to supply the US with the majority of oil, but theres not enough pipelines or refineries in service that could handle that load and would set them back years before the demand could be met. Right now 90% of the oil/gas exported from Canada leaves the Hardisty terminal in Alberta and goes off to Texas.
    HAHAHA what... Texas only provides a fraction of our entire oil consumed each year, a small fraction.

i.... stopped reading as soon as i saw texas petition. can you even consider them part of the us?

It looks like petitions for many other states have been formalized through this website, not sure how authentic this really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i.... stopped reading as soon as i saw texas petition. can you even consider them part of the us?
    The problem is they don't even consider themselves part of the US. They think they are special.
    And to be fair they are special...Special ed...

Most of my family is in Texas and I have lived in or near Texas most of my life. I can say without doubt that most Texans have the most over inflated sense of self worth I've ever seen. They think the sun rises and sets just for them and the rest of us get to bask in it's fleeting glory. They continually hype and tout their sports franchises and schools (looking at you Longhorns) as the best in the country and they routinely fall far, far below expectations. Their political views are archaic at best and flat out ridiculous and dangerous at worst. They seem to take a great delight in being the execution capital of America while also demonizing birth control and abortion.

Never has there been a more hypocritical, self delusional group of over compensating blowhards on the planet. In fact, if you've ever driven through west Texas you'll know that Texans do have one thing in greater supply than anyone else.....bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    In fact, if you've ever driven through west Texas you'll know that Texans do have one thing in greater supply than anyone else.....bullshit.
    Nah. That'd be barbeque. Texas has some of the best bbq in the country.

The bullshit is a close second though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    newsflash: not all of us replublicans thought of him to be a good candidate for president. i think both he and obama are about the most worthless candidates/presidents in american history.
    You're certainly not looking hard enough. I can count 2 or 3 former presidents that are more worthless...

Secession isn't going to happen. It's suicide in the current military climate. Unless the military itself was involved in the overthrow, it's not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    Would have to say the cartels would actually get punched in the dick if Texas left. They would only go threw Zona/Cali/NM.
    Hehe... Without Border Patrol? Without FBI? CIA? ATF? Not even the Coast Guard? All federal agencies by the by. All the oil they've got and they have a hell of a time just trying to balance their budget. Where would they get the money to replace, on their own, all the things those federal agencies do for them?

Texas would start being called "Little Mexico."
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-12 at 02:25 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    A few thousand people vs several hundred million. You might as well stand on a soap box yelling about spaghetti monsters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    You're certainly not looking hard enough. I can count 2 or 3 former presidents that are more worthless...
    Mallard, Taft, and Cleveland all come to mind.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Can I sign a thing that kicks Texas out?
    I'd have to move out of Texas.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Mallard, Taft, and Cleveland all come to mind.
    Personally I would also include Junior as well.

• Attacked and took over two countries.
    • Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
    • Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
    • Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
    • Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
    • First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
    • First president in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
    • First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history.
    • After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
    • Set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in U.S. history.
    • In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
    • Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history.
    • Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
    • Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in U.S. history.
    • Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
    • Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in U.S. history.
    • Presided over the biggest energy crises in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
    • Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
    • Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
    • Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
    • Dissolved more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.
    • My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in U.S. history.
    • Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history (the 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleezza Rice, has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).
    • First president in U.S. history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
    • Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
    • First president in U.S. history to order a U.S. attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
    • Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
    • Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.
    • First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the human rights commission.
    • First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the elections monitoring board.
    • Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in U.S. history.
    • Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
    • Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
    • Refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
    • First president in U.S. history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. elections).
    • All-time U.S. (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
    • My biggest lifetime campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
    • Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in U.S. history.
    • First president in U.S. history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
    • First president to run and hide when the U.S. came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
    • First U.S. president to establish a secret shadow government.
    • Took the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history).
    • With a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
    • Fist U.S. president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
    • First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
    • Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
    • Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated U.S. law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
    • Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive.'
    • Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
    • In the 18 months following the 9/11 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
    • Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in U.S. history.
    • In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War.
    • Entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Most of my family is in Texas and I have lived in or near Texas most of my life. I can say without doubt that most Texans have the most over inflated sense of self worth I've ever seen. They think the sun rises and sets just for them and the rest of us get to bask in it's fleeting glory. They continually hype and tout their sports franchises and schools (looking at you Longhorns) as the best in the country and they routinely fall far, far below expectations. Their political views are archaic at best and flat out ridiculous and dangerous at worst. They seem to take a great delight in being the execution capital of America while also demonizing birth control and abortion.
    Texans you've met isn't the same as "most Texans."

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Texans you've met isn't the same as "most Texans."
    You are right. They are much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Oh give me a break. If we're going by the "Texans I've Met" yardstick, I could say Texans are mostly liberal world travelers, agnostic or atheist, medium to high income, with an average of a graduate school level of education who don't really get into sports. It would be silly for me to extrapolate that to "Texans" as a group, just like it's silly to extrapolate bible banging redneck young Earth creationist gun toting war mongering ultranationalist people to be all "Texans" as a group.*There's a huge spectrum in Texas, just like most places, and I resent the idea that Texas is something we should all want to get rid of just because a few crazies have signed a petition.

I'd have to move out of Texas.
    You'd be welcome here in the North Star state.

Just stop stealing our hockey teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    I hear generalizations and anecdotes are always true.

Oh give me a break. If we're going by the "Texans I've Met" yardstick, I could say Texans are mostly liberal world travelers, agnostic or atheist, medium to high income, with an average of a graduate school level of education who don't really get into sports. It would be silly for me to extrapolate that to "Texans" as a group, just like it's silly to extrapolate bible banging redneck young Earth creationist gun toting war mongering ultranationalist people to be all "Texans" as a group.*There's a huge spectrum in Texas, just like most places, and I resent the idea that Texas is something we should all want to get rid of just because a few crazies have signed a petition.
    Except the other analysis was true, at least as far as I can tell.

So, if you guys aren't crazy, that means you just let the crazies take over.

You stop the govt sponsored pray sessions, and stop trying to put creationism in my science book, and maybe we can talk about Texans not being insane.