Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Did you see what they had to respond to?

What was it, like, the hundredth time they've had to respond to something about the Cinder Kitten because someone is trying to find something wrong in everything Blizz ever does. The poster that was being responded to had a pretty deplorable thought process that should've been left at home.

Personally, from all the crap that they get constantly from people who never just read the patch notes and never just enjoy the game, I'm surprised there isn't more rage from the Blues!
    Did mmo-champion hire TotalBiscuit? That would explain the level of language directed against Blizz. Omg it's a total cinder kitteh conspiracy, burn Blue at the stake!

top of page bug

10+ Year Old Account
    Again-I'm in no way defending that guy about the hurricane. That guy was out of line, and yeah-in extreme circumstances I personally have less problem with it.
    I think they get a bit fed up of people - usually clueless individuals with little exposure to business, probably ones with an inherent hatred of the notion of profit (and forgetful of its obverse of loss, and the connection of both to the concept of risk and uncertainty) - who try to assume what their motives are or are not. It turns into conspiracy theorising after a while. I personally don't give a rat's ass what their motivations behind charity gimmicks are. The results aid people the company really has no obligation to assist. Whether it's driven by a profit-loss calculation or some fuzzy supposed emotional reasons, it doesn't make a difference, but they are aiding others over and above trading money for a service or product in a mutually beneficial exchange, which is already enhancing the "welfare" of its consumers (hence how vacuous the phrase "giving back" is.)

They are a profit-seeking firm that provide a good product. A lot of people enjoy whinging about it, and I often disagree with a lot of their decisions, but without assuming they're "out to get us" etc. If you (in the non-specific sense) dislike it, either patronise their competitors, found your own company or other organisation devoted to charity or gaming or whatever, or constructively outline how they can improve their services - or abstain from consumption. I really don't understand people who have nothing better to do than to nitpick at everything the company does.

Few companies can so successfully balance the wants of millions of consumers, especially for a product offering like WOW.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2012-11-12 at 06:59 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

"The minimum item level required is now 458."

WTF?! Why is it so fracking high? If you have 458 gear or higher YOU DONT NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR SHIZ!

All my gear is 450.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    "The minimum item level required is now 458."

WTF?! Why is it so fracking high? If you have 458 gear or higher YOU DONT NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR SHIZ!

All my gear is 450.
    because chances are if you are in i450 gear you dont need better gear for the content you are doing

Storm Legion looks rad! Can't wait to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    OMG my eyes!! No, seriously, they are awful. There is no flow to them at all, its like looking a this mish mash of information that has zero organization.

1. I don't care what the ilvl is, I want to know about stats. Put that stuff on the bottom, right above how much I can sell it for.
    2. Please get rid of the green "equip" stat numbers and just make then the same as the others. There is zero reason for them to have a special color.

Robes of Retardation (Heroic)
    Bind on Pick up
    Chest Cloth

stat
    stat
    equip

Ilvl Upgrade 0/2
    Sell Price

Wow that looks so much nicer.
    Even better, how about just put "(0/2)" next to where ilvl already is on the gear. It prevents clutter and preserves what the tooltips already look like. I agree that what they want do do is strange. Reforging at least just says "Reforged" and I would be fine with "Upgraded" being used for the new system. I dont really care how many times it has been upgraded, I can tell by the new ilvl.

They sure are defending dem dailies. Daily quests is the only endgame content outside of raiding. Bad bad design.

Can't wait for Storm Legion! Gonna be amazing!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing we can always count on negative idiots pestering Blizz with their shitty questions. Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleran View Post
    That would be horrible to look at. First, ilevel is the most important stat on gear.

I present the counter argument

Ilv 9000
    +0 to every stat

Must be the best item in game then?

Some people seem to be LIVING for this. Making assumptions, thinking they know better than adult people actually working with this. Pah, the people claiming to know anything about what's going on at Blizzard should just get over themselves. And as for the "Wa wa I have to play to progress"-crowd, they can go to some other mmorpg then. If all you are able to find at max level, is to grind dailies against your will or do instanced content, then you should stick to single-player games with streamlined quest objectives. You'll be going through a lot more games since they actually end, but seems that wouldn't be a problem when your imagination can't stretch very far.

Anyone know if only JP/VP items can be upgraded or can any item level 458 and above?

Interesting how it took WoW this long to incorporate item upgrades when other MMO's, especially F2P, already implemented them since launch. Not saying WoW is bad but now it feels kinda backwards. At launch, WoW was the standard other MMO's were trying to match. Now, other MMO's have stuff WoW is taking its time to add with not a whole lot of innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Some people seem to be LIVING for this. Making assumptions, thinking they know better than adult people actually working with this. Pah, the people claiming to know anything about what's going on at Blizzard should just get over themselves. And as for the "Wa wa I have to play to progress"-crowd, they can go to some other mmorpg then. If all you are able to find at max level, is to grind dailies against your will or do instanced content, then you should stick to single-player games with streamlined quest objectives. You'll be going through a lot more games since they actually end, but seems that wouldn't be a problem when your imagination can't stretch very far.
    rofl you get a lot more out of your $60 from GW2 or even Skyrim than this game. It's bad design. They're so stuck in 2006 it's sad. Instead of people copying WoW, Blizzard's now trying to catch up to standards set by other MMOs. They're like Nintendo. Coasting along on their name, but not innovating anymore and refusing to catch up with today's technology and gaming standards.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find myself JP capped often and not really have anything to spend it on. I likes the idea of an upgrade but from the screenshots does not seem like I will be able to spend JP to upgrade my Epics... was kind of hoping that the system for epic upgrades could be 750 VP or 750 CP or 1500 JP or 1500 HP. Maybe not those figures, id happly purge my entire JP cap for 1 VP upgrade, or 1.5x PvP for PvE and vice versa. Perhalps this was short sighted of me. prob get flamed cause this is mentioned somewhere above.

The Item upgrade system is going to be amazing, been looking forward to it for awhile.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 06:36 PM ----------

Having something to spend JP on is going to be so nice...

The guy who basically accused Blizzard of taking advantage of Hurricane Sandy for their monetary gain - he basically all but said, "you're doing this so-called charity pet, but you're keeping the $$ for yourself"

Wow. Honestly if I were the forum moderator, this outright burst of hatred should be a bannable offense. There's just so many lines here crossed, that Blizzard would do well to deactivate that customer's Battle.net account, and refund him the cost of the games. And completely remove him as a customer.

Seriously this goes way beyond the acceptable boundaries of just being a customer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    I do have a bit of an issue with the blues biting back *too much*(though the guy that was complaining about the cinder kitten was REALLY asking for it.) But when people are giving opinions of things they dislike in the game? For an example, I had a friend some years back whose old job was working for a department store-but his job was calling people with overdue credit card bills. Needless to say, he got treated about as well as a Blue would if they posted a picture of themselves punting a puppy with a T-shirt that says 'I LOVE DAILIES, SUCK IT PLAYERS.' But if a worker there actually snapped back? They were reprimanded, or even fired if they did it too often/too badly.

I think there's a level of professionalism that they need to keep. For one, it's shown that the behaviour of the CMs can affect how people think of the developers, even if the devs aren't the ones speaking.

Again-I'm in no way defending that guy about the hurricane. That guy was out of line, and yeah-in extreme circumstances I personally have less problem with it.

But with the big daily debacle that's been hitting lately, the way the CMs have been responding almost seems like the devs are offended that people don't like having the choice of A. An insane amount of dailies(due to VP needed), B. Dailies AND Heroics(again due to VP and rep needed), or C. Heroics in gearing up. Especially since they had already long opened many, many doors of gearing up alts(in Wrath, for example, being able to choose heroics, or crafting, or dailies, or tabards, or some combination of the four.)

Though to be completely honest, I do see-maybe in another patch or so-that they'll decide to loosen stuff up a whole lot. They're starting with the rep bonus and VP bonus to alts. Sort of like how in Wrath they offered the tome of flying about 9 months later, and in Cata the orbs becoming BoE, and so on. I think later on they'll want to keep the world looking active and they'll realize a good way to do that is to encourage alting around in other areas. I mean I don't know why they're afraid to do it now(it would already start populating different areas with alts), but I guess they're afraid of Pandaria getting less people in it or something. (My own opinion? I much preferred the wide variety of gearing/alt gearing in Wrath, but I'm done the major dailies on my main and I'm not too bothered by it anymore. I do find myself not particularly wanting to alt much, though, like I did in Wrath or Cata, though in Cata it was for all the wrong reasons of there not being anything else. )
    what the Blue could have done, was hit the obnoxious poster with a forum ban. But he didn't do that, you see. He definitely has the power to, however. As far as I'm concerned, this angers me as well and if I were in charge, I would have removed that user's Battle.net account privileges entirely, refund him all the cost of the games, and just fire the customer.

The gear upgrades are beyond stupid. Think of a warrior with a T2/Heroic raid weapon and 2/2 upgraded. Choo choo muthafucka 1M at 5 TfB stacks >_<

love item upgrades