View Poll Results: Are MMO-Champ mods ruining the discussions and site-experience?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 7.69%
  • No

12 92.31%

Are MMO-Champ mods ruining the discussions and site-experience?

So basically I have been visiting MMo Champ since I started playing wow in BC days.
    back in the day we used to have mods like elementium etc. That crop of mods was strict but they were mostly decent and unbiased folks.
    As a frequent visitor of MMO champ I see a lot of locks, bans etc these days which are mostly due to the Mod's own bias and not any broken rules etc. The current mods do not have the sensibility of the older mods. The mods these days just come off mostly as a fanboy for one thing or the other and swing ban-hammers should anyone say anything against their game or a subject they have strong opinions about.

For one thing, you could go into any subforum, call everyone who dislikes the game of that subforum a retard etc and the mods will ignore but you go make a complain thread and you will get banned. As far as I know forums have always been a place where people come when they are frustrated or want to voice their opinions (mostly negative) about any game. If people were having fun in some game, they would not have much of a reason coming to MMO champ.

While I agree, foul language, disrespect etc should be stopped but it's like this current crops of mods does not even posses the intelligence to use discretion. For instance, if one made a thread "Religious or Atheist" to see if more people are religious or atheists, they ban it because it contains religion, even if no one said anything bad about religion. This site is fast becoming more regulated than a government department.

I really hope Boub sees this and reshuffles some of this ban-happy children who have been appointed mods. If these people can't be unbiased and allow people to have discussions, one might as well just go to better moderated sites.
    One can already see a fall in the number of good/discussion intensive threads because anyone who actually wants to discuss or even argue (decently) has been driven away by the over-zealous mods.

Also, this will probably be closed but that does not change the point that MMO champ is slowly losing out in the daily browsed sites because it has the worst and most biased moderators of any websites.
    Last edited by igame; 2012-11-11 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Your first paragraph lost me, any mod that does anything such as you mentioned in that first paragraph would have their moderator status removed, the admins take the mods behavior seriously, a lot of people don't quite understand the need for them but honestly they are there for a reason.

+1 to the mods, in my opinion. keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    So basically I have been visiting MMo Champ since I started playing wow in BC days.
    back in the day we used to have mods like elementium etc. That crop of mods was strict but they were mostly decent and unbiased folks.
    As a frequent visitor of MMO champ I see a lot of locks, bans etc these days which are mostly due to the Mod's own bias and not any broken rules etc. The current mods do not have the sensibility of the older mods. The mods these days just come off mostly as a fanboy for one thing or the other and swing ban-hammers should anyone say anything against their game or a subject they have strong opinions about.
    Lots of opinion nothing really said here...

For one thing, you could go into any subforum, call everyone who dislikes the game of that subforum a retard etc and the mods will ignore but you go make a complain thread and you will get banned. As far as I know forums have always been a place where people come when they are frustrated or want to voice their opinions (mostly negative) about any game. If people were having fun in some game, they would not have much of a reason coming to MMO champ.
    Report them. Mods can't possibly read every thread on the forums, they are human. If you report someone for offensive posting and feel it isn't being addressed message one of the super mods/admins with your concern.
    While I agree, foul language, disrespect etc should be stopped but it's like this current crops of mods does not even posses the intelligence to use discretion. For instance, if one made a thread "Religious or Atheist" to see if more people are religious or atheists, they ban it because it contains religion, even if no one said anything bad about religion. This site is fast becoming more regulated than a government department.
    There is nothing wrong with "foul language" in fact this is the only board I go to where you're allowed to hold a discussion like an adult.

Every religion thread I've seen goes to flaming. If you haven't seen it? Good, the mods are doing their job. There is no point to holding a pointless discussion (is religion real or not) when it involves a mod going in and deleting 50% of the posts. This isn't their job, they are volunteers.
    I really hope Boub sees this and reshuffles some of this ban-happy children who have been appointed mods. If these people can't be unbiased and allow people to have discussions, one might as well just go to better moderated sites.
    One can already see a fall in the number of good/discussion intensive threads because anyone who actually wants to discuss or even argue (decently) has been driven away by the over-zealous mods.
    Maybe you have some problem, but I've seen nothing to exhibit ban happy behavior. MMOchamp actually has the best maintained forums of any I frequent. I hope it stays exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely browse anything but wow general and the mods there are fair. Any sub forum in particular you think this is happening.

Mods are doing a fine job. If you want to blame someone, blame the people posting stupid stuff.

But. As to what you said about a "Religion vs. Atheist?" thread getting closed, the mods would most likely close such a thread based on where the discussion is going, not because of the topic itself. I disagree with things like that. (Hijacking this thread) I feel that mods should just infract people who break the rules or lead discussions to a bad place rather than just close threads.

But for those whiny bitch "frustration and complaining" threads you mentioned, those have no place here, take that shit to us.battle.net, those should still be locked.

If you have specific examples of a mod(s) using their privileges inappropriately, or anything of the like, please send those to Sunshine so she can review the situation.

Furthermore, if you see posts that cross the line and haven't been dealt with, please use the "Report Post" function to bring it to the moderator's attention.

Creating threads complaining about mods and/or moderation is a forbidden topic on these boards. Please try to ensure your familiarity with the rules before creating similar threads in the future.

Thank you.

Locked.