Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sha-Touched UI ... looking for partner

Hi all.

Im looking for skilled moder who can help me, make my design work in WOW.

But i cant post links to img right now.. fresh account (

My goal is to make full skined UI, like Roth UI (diablo).
    If anyone have any ideas about my first alpha proposition, feel free to comment

Thank you and sorry for my basic english.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:27 AM ----------

How many posts i need to place a link ... ?

just post the raw link, should work

Deleted
    Ok ... let me check..

kozmo30.linuxpl.info/wow_UI_ver1_prev.jpg

i would probably lower the brightness (or maybe saturation) of the icons, but the background art is great

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:11 AM ----------

If i were you I'd take the code for tukui and use your graphics to skin it. It'd be a lot less work as tuk's code is clean and a lot of the background functionality and hooking is already there.

PPS i have no idea what im talking about
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-11-12 at 07:11 AM.

That is freaking awesome.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Whoa, that looks awesome

Feels like a great skin for undead toons or my DK
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this and how do i get my own
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Damn thats nice. Seems a bit bulky-ish imo and might look better with some of the bottom trimmed-off but thats my opinion. That and the lil eyeballs will be distracting >_>
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    If i were you I'd take the code for tukui and use your graphics to skin it. It'd be a lot less work as tuk's code is clean and a lot of the background functionality and hooking is already there.
    This, its a thousand times easier to modify another ui package to your own visuals than to write functionality, save yourself the headaches and millions of lua errors and lock-ups and just reskin the graphics if thats all you are looking for. Tukui and ElvUi are open source with help forums for exactly this type of thing, i suggest you look them up, they are great and what i personally use.

Deleted
    Ok i make some improvements. This time i've used some standard blizzard actionbars and add 6 round for potions, food..etc.
    Still working on unitframes and some fancy casting bar.

Feedback is more than welcome.

and in action ..
    http://kozmo30.linuxpl.info/wow_UI_kenzo_ver2_back.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc6461cfc7ff; 2012-11-12 at 07:39 PM. Reason: update

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that second one much better. Better symmetry and organization.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:14 AM ----------

One thing I would consider is adding a black pixel border to the gargoyles, so contrast is slightly less sharp.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Deleted
    Looks nice. If you have any texture questions you can ask me.

I can recommend adding an outer shadow. Basically your texture sits on a black background. Adding an outer gradient to the alpha layer will give you an outer shadow.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-11-12 at 05:45 PM.

looks more diablo-y than it does sha-touched, but keep up the good work
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Thats looking pretty sick tbh, I would quite like to test it out see how it all works in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Looks nice. If you have any texture questions you can ask me.

I can recommend adding an outer shadow. Basically your texture sits on a black background. Adding an outer gradient to the alpha layer will give you an outer shadow.
    Well i have one big question ) Will you help me with this one ? Im a 100% designer and i hate look at code I wana make this thing big and less plastic then 99% UI i normaly see.

The visual depth of the gargoyles when compared to the rest of the panel makes them stick out as a sore thumb.

And are those lion faces and up side-down lion faces for action button background?

Other than that it's great; though calling it 'Sha-Touched' is a bit deceiving when the design has very little to do with Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just posting in this thread so it's easier to find in my post history

Looks cool so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The visual depth of the gargoyles when compared to the rest of the panel makes them stick out as a sore thumb.

And are those lion faces and up side-down lion faces for action button background?

Other than that it's great; though calling it 'Sha-Touched' is a bit deceiving when the design has very little to do with Sha.
    So its just like in the oryginal Blizz Ui, eagles on the sides have more visual depth. You want graphic details and depth between action icons ? Why ?
    OFC those lion faces are up side-down.. i just flip vertical whole line of icons.. it's project...work in progress. You can call it Deep Deep Dark .. once again, it's only project... and i still dont know if anyone can help me and code this.