Need help with Wind Lord Mel'jarak

Hi
    we are currently working on Wind Lord Mel'jarak. Although we killed the first 3 bosses pretty fast, we arent able to down the fourth.

Our main problem is the rain of blades in phase 2. Everytime he casts this spell, one or two player get killed faster than our healer can react. Mana is not the problem. We are 3 healing him. A Paladin a Druid and a Shaman. Spiritlink Totem doesnt do any good because we only got 1 meele and 2 tanks and they arent the problem. If healing tide is down, we are good. Is Tranquility running we are still overrun by the damage.

We are killing the adds at the same time and pull the boss to the middle. After that we stay around the boss as far as we can to spread out the bombs.
    Here are the logs from our last raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=65501

Can anyone give me a hint about what we can do better?

Deleted
    stack up on the blades,man up and 2 heal it

With 3 healers you should not die, make sure everyone uses personals for each rain of blades and call out who has cooldowns up for the next one, use hero as a raid CD.

Pop a major cooldown during bladestorm, this is exactly when Spirit Link becomes useful. Just have people run in for stacked heals, not exactly a hard concept.

We tried running in serveral times but always one of two things happens. Either we die while running or the boss throws a windbomb where we stack
    Last edited by Urganot; 2012-11-12 at 03:00 AM.

Your tanks are supposed to be moving him the entire time while he's in that phase. Just start out in one corner of the room and progressively move, with no one standing where you're gonna be moving.

And you can see DBM timers telling you the next bladestorm, not that hard to move in 2 seconds preemptively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOfDoom View Post
    We tried running in serveral times but always one of two things happens. Either we die while running or the boss throws a windbomb where we stack
    How would you die while running? How would the boss throw a wind bomb on the raid? You run just before the rain of blades when wind bombs are not spawning, and there is no major damage.

You have Warrior banner, SLT, Healing Tide, Tranq. You have personals like tree & GoAK. The pally barely peaks above 80k, does he not know he can stack absorbs prior to Rain of Blades. You only need 1 major CD per rain, so for instance you could go SLT & personals (ie the rogue has feint, the pally has bubble & HoP, mages have iceblock etc); Banner & tranq; Healing tide. Repeat. Provided you use the CD just before the damage, or exactly on it, the CDs should come off for the 4th since there is 1 minute between them.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-12 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    Group up, use personal's, healthstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    How would you die while running? How would the boss throw a wind bomb on the raid? You run just before the rain of blades when wind bombs are not spawning, and there is no major damage.

You have Warrior banner, SLT, Healing Tide, Tranq. You have personals like tree & GoAK. The pally barely peaks above 80k, does he not know he can stack absorbs prior to Rain of Blades. You only need 1 major CD per rain, so for instance you could go SLT & personals (ie the rogue has feint, the pally has bubble & HoP, mages have iceblock etc); Banner & tranq; Healing tide. Repeat. Provided you use the CD just before the damage, or exactly on it, the CDs should come off for the 4th since there is 1 minute between them.
    The pally is one of our weakest point. He can barely keep the tanks alive and wont have enough mana for massive shield stacking.
    But thanks for the hint. We will try it next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOfDoom View Post
    The pally is one of our weakest point. He can barely keep the tanks alive and wont have enough mana for massive shield stacking.
    But thanks for the hint. We will try it next time.
    So stop tank healing so much. You're having problems with Rain of Blades, and the best way to deal with this ability is shield stacking, be it from a Paladin, Priest or even a Monk.

Here is a comparison...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7097&e=7562
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10340&e=10825

He is doing similar tank healing, WAY WAY WAY more raid healing, and resultantly way more HPS. Get your Paladin to think about what he's doing wrong & how he can improve. Notice the holy power gain differences, the mana gain differences (Seal of Insight isn't even used?), spell total healing differences.

You should also ask the hunter to give spell haste, since no one else in your group can.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-12 at 05:23 AM.

um I'd recommend doing a strategy of having your healers and an alternating mage running in every time he's about to pop rain of blades so you get the most bang for your buck from AoE healing and then GTFO before he drops a wind bomb in the melee. You can leave 1 mage, the hunter, and the lock in ranged though since the hunter can A-deterrence and block nearly 100% of the damage and if he's specced into the talent that reduces the CD on it he can do it every other one and then 2 in a row with readiness (on top of just having enough armor to eat it if he pops a healthstone.) Have your warlock either pop his shield or the warlock damage immunity, and use an alternating mage since one of them can either ice block or have the paladin hand of protection on them.

Deleted
    So stop tank healing so much. You're having problems with Rain of Blades, and the best way to deal with this ability is shield stacking, be it from a Paladin, Priest or even a Monk.

Here is a comparison...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7097&e=7562
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10340&e=10825

He is doing similar tank healing, WAY WAY WAY more raid healing, and resultantly way more HPS. Get your Paladin to think about what he's doing wrong & how he can improve. Notice the holy power gain differences, the mana gain differences (Seal of Insight isn't even used?), spell total healing differences.

You should also ask the hunter to give spell haste, since no one else in your group can.
    Pls do tell me how a monk stacks up on absorbs since they dont have any (exept the 2min cd for ONE person)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    Pls do tell me how a monk stacks up on absorbs since they dont have any (exept the 2min cd for ONE person)
    They respec Brewmaster, duh. And they proceed to "stack" uncontrollable shields on random people by tanking in Spirit gear. Seems like a perfect strategy to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They respec Brewmaster, duh. And they proceed to "stack" uncontrollable shields on random people by tanking in Spirit gear. Seems like a perfect strategy to me.
    ah yes ofc, dont see how could ive missed that :P

1 tank it. There is no reason to 2 tank this fight.

Sorry if that doesnt help your problem but I doubt you will make enrage 2 tanking it. Your DPS is just too low.

As far as the aoe damage is, ever single person in your raid has a major personal CD. Couple that with Rally cry and banner, tranq, heal totem, healthstones... You should not be dying.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2012-11-12 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    ah yes ofc, dont see how could ive missed that :P
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ov4ja...?s=7835&e=7848
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ov4ja...?s=7591&e=8025

I would of thought it was quite obvious to anyone with knowledge of the game :|

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would of thought it was quite obvious to anyone with knowledge of the game :|
    If you have Brewmaster, those shields will be popping up anyway. There's no planning or preparation involved - unless we consider placing a statue before the pull to be such an incredible trick. Especially since you mention tank healing in the same paragraph and this has nothing to do with actual healing. It would be more helpful to mention DPSers use some active cooldowns (say VE or those Shaman's whatiscalled), since those actually require some input and are not completely independant on your actions.

Deleted
    If you have Brewmaster, those shields will be popping up anyway. There's no planning or preparation involved - unless we consider placing a statue before the pull to be such an incredible trick. Especially since you mention tank healing in the same paragraph and this has nothing to do with actual healing. It would be more helpful to mention DPSers use some active cooldowns (say VE or those Shaman's whatiscalled), since those actually require some input and are not completely independant on your actions.
    My point: absorbs are amazing. My suggestion: get one of the absorb classes I mentioned, even if it is an alt But it seems they killed it on their second try tonight anyho, so gz I guess ^_^
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-12 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    I don't understand how you're solo tanking it and your tank is doing that low dps. We 2 tank that fight. Bear druid and Prot Pala. Me as Guardian pulling 250k dps and Pala doing 120k dps. Just seems odd. I don't think your prot pala is using consecration on CD since it will be his harding hitting ability whilst adds are up.