Looking for a new CPU cooler

Hi so the pump on my Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 died on me last night.
    So now im looking for a replacement Water / Air cooler

My budget is 50-60 euro im using a I5 2500k so it needs to support the 1155 socket.

Also it might be worth adding that i will be running the cooler with 2x SP120 Fans.
    In a push pull config so a cooler that would benefit from SP fans would be ideal.

I have been looking in to some thing like a H70 but im not really sure what i should go for.
    Or if i could get more performance out of a air cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooler Master Hyper 212, but with a push pull setup you don't want 2 static pressure fans, you want the push fan to be a static pressure and the pull fan to be an airflow (high cfm).
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

So the most i deal cooler i should go for is the Cooler Master Hyper 212?.
    It's actually a pretty cheep cooler around half my budget.

Are you sure that i can't get a better cooler as i don't really mind paying a tad more.
    as im planing on bringing the Cpu up to around 4,8 - 5Ghz.

I want the best cooler i can get for a max of 60 euros.
    As i do plan on doing a fair bit of overclocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noctua NH-D14
    Newegg Listing
    Not sure price in Euros or if Newegg ships to Europe, but here in the states that cooler is pretty much the best on the market and its about 80 bucks usually.

I would say most people with money to burn go with the Noctua, and people on budgets (like myself) usually go for the CM Hyper 212.
    Hyper 212 Plus
    Hyper 212 EVO
    2 different models virtually identical in performance, just one has fancy cuts on the heatsink and the other doesn't.

Also pretty much every universal cpu cooler will support LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775 & AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1/FM2 (sometimes you have to order specific brackets), you only need a specific cooler if you are running an LGA2011 board

As for the fan setup I mentioned, in case you're wondering, you want a static pressure fan to push thru the heatsink and an airflow fan to pull that air out. From the testing I've done it seems to be the best setup, I've seen a few blogs/websites suggesting the same thing, high sp push/high cfm pull working together.
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    NZXT Havik should strike the sweet spot between Hyper212 and D14, both in price and performance. Highly recommend it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    TY Xuvial, I could not remember that one. /thumbs up

Urgh commence frustrated table flip

The Hyper 212 EVO will set me back 34 Euros
    The NZXT HAVIK 140 will set me back 74 Euros
    The NH-D14 will set me back 78 Euros

the 140 is better then the 212 but worse then the NH-D14 jet its only a 4 euro price difference between the 140 and the D14

I could just pick up the D14 but then i need to replace the fans.
    Cause the Noctua have the ugliest fans i have even seen in my life.

The brown fans will clash with my black / blue theme but i don't know witch fans to get.

I mean i do have 2x Corsair SP120 fans and 1 Corsair AF120 laying around at home and i could use those.
    but i don't know how they compare to the stock Noctua fans.

I also have a 2500k and I use a Thermaltake Frio. It's quiet enough for me and keeps my CPU at 40 Celsius when casual gaming.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Urgh commence frustrated table flip

The Hyper 212 EVO will set me back 34 Euros
    The NZXT HAVIK 140 will set me back 74 Euros
    The NH-D14 will set me back 78 Euros

the 140 is better then the 212 but worse then the NH-D14 jet its only a 4 euro price difference between the 140 and the D14

I could just pick up the D14 but then i need to replace the fans.
    Cause the Noctua have the ugliest fans i have even seen in my life.

The brown fans will clash with my black / blue theme but i don't know witch fans to get.

I mean i do have 2x Corsair SP120 fans and 1 Corsair AF120 laying around at home and i could use those.
    but i don't know how they compare to the stock Noctua fans.

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
    Get the 212 and use the fans you have and be happy you saved money.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2012-11-15 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Hi so the pump on my Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 died on me last night.
    So now im looking for a replacement Water / Air cooler

My budget is 50-60 euro im using a I5 2500k so it needs to support the 1155 socket.

Also it might be worth adding that i will be running the cooler with 2x SP120 Fans.
    In a push pull config so a cooler that would benefit from SP fans would be ideal.

I have been looking in to some thing like a H70 but im not really sure what i should go for.
    Or if i could get more performance out of a air cooler.

Hi guys, I have a water CPU based cooler and it recently died and I am looking for a new replacement water or air cooler and I want to overclock to 4.7-5ghz.

-INSERT EVERY SUGGESTION FOR AIR COOLERS THAT CANT SUPPORT 5 GHZ CLOCK ON AIR.-

Seriously, just pick up another Antec 920. Or contact them directly and see if you can order a new pump, since that's likely what went out. It'll be cheaper, and you'll be familiar with the product, and everything will keep cool. Water coolers are almost always going to be better than air cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Hi guys, I have a water CPU based cooler and it recently died and I am looking for a new replacement water or air cooler and I want to overclock to 4.7-5ghz.

-INSERT EVERY SUGGESTION FOR AIR COOLERS THAT CANT SUPPORT 5 GHZ CLOCK ON AIR.-

Seriously, just pick up another Antec 920. Or contact them directly and see if you can order a new pump, since that's likely what went out. It'll be cheaper, and you'll be familiar with the product, and everything will keep cool. Water coolers are almost always going to be better than air cooled.
    The thing is the 920 costs more then the noctua NH-D14.
    And the D14 out performs pretty much every single radiator cooler out there.
    As its on par with the H100 witch i don't have enough room to mount in my chase.

And the D14 is super quiet.

According to FrostyTech, the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme is a solid performer and $65 + Free Shipping is the cheapest I've ever seen. Plus, it looks cool. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835154011

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely missed the part where you said you already had 2xSP120's, so we just need a solid tower...

Take a look at this: Noctua NH-U12P - 535 kr (falls just slightly out of your budget if converted to euros, yes?)
    Considered a solid cooler for the price. The prices in your country are all weird :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    d14 and swap the fans to the corsair ones you have should yield same or maybe a very tiny downgrade since 1 fan is 140mm compared to 120mm (on the other hand corsair makes top notch fans from some test i saw a few months back, so could even be an upgrade xD)