Deleted

problem with dps on Garalon 10m.

hello guys.our 10 man guild is at garalon atm, and i`m having trouble with my dps.running surv for fight(first time since this xpac,i play bm all the way).i`m not kiting,and i find myself underperforming for the gear level i have,can`t break the 85k mark,while our shaman is doing nearly 100k .

link to armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simus/advanced

link to last nights log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oa208sizgipk08nc/

any tips are welcome.

PS:i really need to beat this shaman,its such a shame that i get overdpsed by a hybrid.
    with love, issimus

Why not play BM?

I dont think you personally are under performing, but I think your raid wide dps could go up. Based on some of your attempts, it seems you are having everyone prioritize the Legs before the body? In our guild, we put our 2 best DPS cleavers (rogue/dk) on the legs only and everyone else on the boss. Additionally, we used a 0 tank, 3heal strategy.

Here is a link to our kill this week. Also note that I "am" doing pheremones and sometimes out of range of DPSing the boss, so in this particular log my numbers are lower than yours even.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=8231&e=8634
    Last edited by Malvision; 2012-11-12 at 04:23 AM.

85k is fine for a SV hunter. Also, it's easy to MS-ToTH off the legs to the body, much trickier and often impossible the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    85k is fine for a SV hunter.
    Agreed, that and we are gonna have to bend over and take it on this one compared to pretty much all other classes, it's just the way blizzard have designed it...

(even if you roll SV your pet still does a portion of your dps, and therefore your output will be nerfed to that extent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    hello guys.our 10 man guild is at garalon atm, and i`m having trouble with my dps.running surv for fight(first time since this xpac,i play bm all the way).i`m not kiting,and i find myself underperforming for the gear level i have,can`t break the 85k mark,while our shaman is doing nearly 100k .

link to armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simus/advanced

Well for starters your no where near the 85k mark, if you did manage to get to this point you'd be ranked 30th or so.

link to last nights log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oa208sizgipk08nc/

any tips are welcome.

PS:i really need to beat this shaman,its such a shame that i get overdpsed by a hybrid.
    with love, issimus
    Well for starters your best attempt was 82k, most of the others where sub 80k, sooo yeah.... Also if you where to break the 85k mark as surv, you'd be ranked 30th which you should be more then please with as your current hgihest rank is 92th on stone guards, abnd your shammy friend isnt pulling 100k, not even close xD

85k is absolutely fine for a Hunter. The fight is terrible for Hunter DPS, but it balances out because Hunters are the perfect kiters on this fight. Get into the kiting rotation and let a tank or healer focus on their roles, it'll be better for the group overall.

And on a somewhat related note:

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    'Hybrids' mean nothing anymore. There is no hybrid tax, nor any reason whatsoever for hybrid classes to do less DPS. In each individual boss fight they are there only as DPS, so they can and should do as much DPS as the 'pure' classes. The sooner you drop that mentality, the better.

Being competitive though, yeah sure. Go for it. But not because the shaman is a hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    85k is absolutely fine for a Hunter. The fight is terrible for Hunter DPS, but it balances out because Hunters are the perfect kiters on this fight. Get into the kiting rotation and let a tank or healer focus on their roles, it'll be better for the group overall.

And on a somewhat related note:

'Hybrids' mean nothing anymore. There is no hybrid tax, nor any reason whatsoever for hybrid classes to do less DPS. In each individual boss fight they are there only as DPS, so they can and should do as much DPS as the 'pure' classes. The sooner you drop that mentality, the better.

Being competitive though, yeah sure. Go for it. But not because the shaman is a hybrid.
    So a hunter can offheal as well as a shaman,druid,priest in a pinch? oh guess not. Hell having a SP in a 10man is extremely nice for both the mana hym and the off heals which mounts out in pretty good numbers. And all of the hybrids can drop out of dpsing if it's in a particualr nasty healing intensive spot and help out, which you know, but I'm guessing based ony our post your playing a hybrid and would like to keep doing nice things while being competative on dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    'Hybrids' mean nothing anymore.
    Wrong. Today hybrid means you can do anything better than a pure dps.

Playing a hunter is depressing this tier because there's no way you can top something so don't expect much sympathy when you come with such statements. Anything a hunter can do, other classes can do better. I don't care if hunter is at the top on dps rankings, but with similar gear I want to at least be able to stomp someone who plays worse and that's not possible anymore against a lot of the other classes.

While there is no hybrid tax any more, the fact that there's no hybrid tax is a tax on pures. Sure, Blizz has been trying to up our utility in MoP, but it still doesn't compare.