Poll: Do you really think that new system of bonus loot is good?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Elder Charm Of Good Fortune (Bleh)

Does it really has to be this way? 14 coins = 0 items from normal (1 necklace in LFR).
    When some people who can't even close MV got 2T14.
    Really fair.

RNG is a fickle mistress that refuses to divulge her greatest assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    8 items from the coins 6 from normalmodes 2 from HC's.
    RNG god is not your friend m8.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Does it really has to be this way? 14 coins = 0 items from normal (1 necklace in LFR).
    When some people who can't even close MV got 2T14.
    Really fair.
    6 epics within one run of mogu vaults, with coins helping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    8 items from the coins 6 from normalmodes 2 from HC's.
    RNG god is not your friend m8.
    Same to ROLL. Lost Light of Cosmos to a Spriest with 1 number below T_T

Here we go again:

Statistics are that 1 in every 100 people will get ZERO loot from LFR style rolls (including charms) after 30 consecutive rolls.

So you are just 1 of thousands and thousands of players who are experiencing the reality of RNG. Previously you got to whinge at the other player who won the drop, now you have to whinge at mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    6 epics within one run of mogu vaults, with coins helping.
    Things like this are only posted to rile up an already butthurt OP.

And I love it :-P

OT: The coins are extra rolls in addition to your normal rolls, if you spent 14 coins that means at least 28 boss kills which means I'd make a sign and boycott outside Blizzard HQ! I've been literally doing these raids for month and have nothing to show for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Elder Charm of 38 Gold. >.<

I won a sword from LFR and a tier leg from Sha, but I never saw anything after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Here we go again:

Statistics are that 1 in every 100 people will get ZERO loot from LFR style rolls (including charms) after 30 consecutive rolls.

So you are just 1 of thousands and thousands of players who are experiencing the reality of RNG. Previously you got to whinge at the other player who won the drop, now you have to whinge at mathematics.
    Only thing i got from raids is head an ring. (I.e. normal not LFR idiots who can't run from Elegon platform).

Never gotten anything so far except for a PvP neck from Sha of Anger, from which I also got a stat-different PvP neck from normal loot. /sigh

I like the point someone made in the other thread about RNG being way too freaking random. MMO's work on a risk reward system. When RNG is so terrible to you that it's all risk and no reward for months if not tiers on end it's just not worth playing any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Items I've gotten from coins so far:

-Tier 14 legs from Sha
    -Fist weapon from Spiritbinder normal
    -Leather boots from Imperial Vizier normal

Have used like all coins every week since launch.

5 items, 0 raid drops. I really like the coins, just wish you could get more than 3 each week.

Back in molten core it took half a year for me to get my felheart helm. I was the only warlock in the guild. You are complaining about not getting bonus loot from a bonus item.

It
    Is
    a
    Bonus

RNG is rng. but complaining about a 2nd chance at loot per week is just sad.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

would you prefer they didnt exist at all? it is just another roll for a CHANCE at loot, not a guarantee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Elder Charm of 38 Gold. >.<

I won a sword from LFR and a tier leg from Sha, but I never saw anything after that.
    And you should be happy you even got those but the human mind always wants more

Deleted
    I don't really understand the second option of the poll >_>

How do Elder Charms change the fact that you have never been guaranteed to "get what you want"? The only thing they do is give you a second chance of getting something you really want. RNG is and will always be RNG no matter how many times you roll per week/day/month/year.

I've used about five weeks worth of charms (~15) and gotten tier gloves and two pair of boots so far. Haven't really gotten what I "really" want but they were all good bonuses to the normal drops :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Same to ROLL. Lost Light of Cosmos to a Spriest with 1 number below T_T
    Makes me think you don't actually know how the system works.

You DO know how it works, right? I'd hate for you to be terribly embarrassed for whining about a system you barely understand...

Deleted
    So far the coins have been useless for me, however I have got 2 items from normal rolls in RF.
    Hoping that the rng gets reformed though, personally i think the loot system should be a mix of the current system plus diminishing returns type of deal.

Basically its X% chance normally, if you roll but fail 10 times in a row then the chance could be increased by 10 or 20 percent to give lady luck a little nudge :P
    Not sure if both rf and normal count towards it or if they should have individual returns, but this sort of thing would mean that if your really unlucky you'll still get nothing, but after so many weeks your guarantied to get at least one item. It's also not free loot since its not 100%, that wouldn't feel like an mmo at all XD

Edit: I'm assuming what i posted was off topic, so I'll add a part about the charms. The charms are nice, but they don't 100% anything, its just double roll, all down to luck no matter what unfortunately. I like them since we wouldn't get anything anyway XD
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2012-11-12 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    would you prefer they didnt exist at all? it is just another roll for a CHANCE at loot, not a guarantee
    Actually I would indeed prefer it not existed at all. An additional layer of random factor that affects gear progression is not particularly welcome imo. Some people may receive zero upgrades in several weeks, while others may get all BiS in the same amount of time, due to additional RNG. RNG that affects progression should be considered very carefully.

While the coin system is by no means a hindrance by itself, however relatively speaking it can be. If your guild has many lucky players, your guild will probably progress a little faster than the unlucky guilds.

I wish they kept all the RNG to just combat mechanics.