Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Rated BG] Tactics from a veteran

So I decided to share some of our tactics in RBG's. I've played rbg since s9 ending up between the 2.5-2.7 point every season. I had my hero of the alliance bugged from me in S9, had 2.6 on rogue but didnt get it. Got it in s10 with 2.5, ended s11 on 2.6 legit and no hero. Doesnt bother me much but meh...

I'll tell you how to win@ RBG's in season 12.

You need:

1 Frost death knight with gorefiends grasp
    1 Boomking with ursols vortex
    1-2 Fury warriors with bladestorm
    1-2 Demonology warlocks with good synergy (this is the most important part)

What you do is that you speak on skype and make sure when you all got your CD's ready and are ready to burst. Make sure you got your trinkets ready incase you get CC'd.

Once the warriors and warlocks confirm they are ready, the boomking drops an ursols vortex on the death knight, the death knight then grips the entire team into the ursols vortex. Warriors use their cds, bladestorming with 2 2h weapons on the entire team while the demonology warlocks use 2 chaos waves with Dark Soul up.

gz, you just killed their entire team.

This is a tactic used by the russian RBG top players, but we copied it making it our tactic aswell. Ill try to fraps some games next weekend when we play and show you how its done.

It needs very good synergy and communication to pull off, and if its successful you win the midfight.

It's extremely stronk on eye of the storm in the middle fight and battle for gilneas where the entire team is clunked together.

Good luck and I hope you try this out.

I can answer any question you got aswell regarding RBG, just post in this thread.

Lol, nice strat
    Alternative strat could be just /alf+f4 wintrading.

Sounds awesome, would love to see it. I don't RBG so can't try it out myself, but i'd love to see some fraps footage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see this tactic in action.

Here you go. 2:16+

Wow. Really makes me wish I played any of those classes so that I could get my Rated BG horse. Pretty awesome regardless, though. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, I do have a DK at 89. That horse is accountwide, yeah? I might have to try to find a group for this.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Actually the best example of that tactic was at the end of that video. You could clearly see 6 or so players get pulled in and blown the F up. My favorite is all the Russian laughter...

damn..lol

For the OP: Do you have any suggestions for team comp? Last season it was all about DoT cleaves, and I'm wondering if anything has changed.
    Also, what strategy would you recommend for Arathi Basin?

About comps, I am seeing more balanced comps right now but that is early season bring the player not the class stuff. I am also not past 2k rating, so it probably changes a lot then.

From what I can tell so far though, melee cleaves are doing very well. Warrior/DK/Enhance/Hunter on a target will kill it pretty quickly. Seems like it is shaping up to be a melee kill team with caster CC instead of the DoT cleave BS of last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    About comps, I am seeing more balanced comps right now but that is early season bring the player not the class stuff. I am also not past 2k rating, so it probably changes a lot then.

From what I can tell so far though, melee cleaves are doing very well. Warrior/DK/Enhance/Hunter on a target will kill it pretty quickly. Seems like it is shaping up to be a melee kill team with caster CC instead of the DoT cleave BS of last season.
    With all due respect, the OP has little to no idea regarding what he's talking about pertaining to season 12. First of all, Melee cleaves are garbage right now as they are peeled too easily. They have high burst potential, but that never translates into high burst itself.

Secondly, Demo Warlocks are terrible for RBGs. I play a Warlock, and yes, Demo Warlocks can have insane burst and cleave potential, but that's only every 2 minute on a 30 second cd ability (Chaos Wave x2.) The best Warlock spec to play is, of course, Destro as it does the most overall damage (thus overall pressure) as well.

Third, how did you not get Hero of the Horde at 2500 last season? Which battlegroup were you on? I have guildies who got it at ~2400 on Bloodlust (bg9, the most active BG in the world.)

Anyways, gimmicky stuff, such as the stuff shown in the video of the Russian players, is not something that should be relied on to win games. Yes, you'll win the first team fight, but after that, if you're relying on 2 min CDs and synergizing mechanics like that rather than actual good gameplay, you will be defeated handily.

btw, I'm 2200 cr in RBGs momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    With all due respect, the OP has little to no idea regarding what he's talking about pertaining to season 12. First of all, Melee cleaves are garbage right now as they are peeled too easily. They have high burst potential, but that never translates into high burst itself.

Secondly, Demo Warlocks are terrible for RBGs. I play a Warlock, and yes, Demo Warlocks can have insane burst and cleave potential, but that's only every 2 minute on a 30 second cd ability (Chaos Wave x2.) The best Warlock spec to play is, of course, Destro as it does the most overall damage (thus overall pressure) as well.

Third, how did you not get Hero of the Horde at 2500 last season? Which battlegroup were you on? I have guildies who got it at ~2400 on Bloodlust (bg9, the most active BG in the world.)

Anyways, gimmicky stuff, such as the stuff shown in the video of the Russian players, is not something that should be relied on to win games. Yes, you'll win the first team fight, but after that, if you're relying on 2 min CDs and synergizing mechanics like that rather than actual good gameplay, you will be defeated handily.

Get out of my head :3

OP this is not really 'tactics' as such, more a situational play on paper - based on basic novelty theorycrafting. I'm 2200 CR atm without too much effort and I can safely say I'd LOVE to come up against a melee cleave with dub demo locks like the one you detailed.
    Free points XD

Deleted
    Off-topic, anybody know what mount the person in the video had?? The bug one?

Looked like the black bug from the AQ gate opening.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Off-topic, anybody know what mount the person in the video had?? The bug one?
    black qiraji battle tank.

You could get it for opening the AQ gates, thus it is no longer achievable for like 5 years now .

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    hi every body

im new here and need some help to improve my dps and experience
    with domo on Destruction warlock

Mudor, could you replace one fury warrior with a fire mage? For spread combust + Ring of Frost around the Vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Mudor, could you replace one fury warrior with a fire mage? For spread combust + Ring of Frost around the Vortex.
    Maybe? Try it out and check for yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe? Try it out and check for yourself
    I don't know any Fury Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post

I know what im talking about. Melee cleaves are not bad at all. High rated russians run meleecleave with guardian druid FC and they stomped us last night.
    Demonology warlocks are NOT bad for rated bgs if played proper. I played warlock since wolk and trust me I know this. Demo is awesome if played right. Bad dmg outside meta, but those chaos waves hurt. I outdmg our other warlock by far when he goes destro for temple of kotmogu.

I did not get hero because I was on EU vindication where the cutoff was 2700. So many boosted people by the russians making the requirements skyrocket.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Nope. Fire is useless in rated BG's. Only reason it was sick in cata because combustion actually did damage on multiple targets. All mages should be frost now. We do actually put a RoF around the vortex but the mage just frozen orbs the entire team and we coordinate blanket silences on the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Nope. Fire is useless in rated BG's. Only reason it was sick in cata because combustion actually did damage on multiple targets. All mages should be frost now. We do actually put a RoF around the vortex but the mage just frozen orbs the entire team and we coordinate blanket silences on the healers.
    Yeah, wasn't sure if Combust actually did any damage. All the mages i've ran with have been frost and I never asked. Thanks.