What would you like to see in Diablo in the future?

While D3 is not a bad game, as being an extensive ARPG fan , especially a Diablo 2 one, there are a few things that i would like to see in the game sometime in the future. Post your ideas here as well.

1.Gambling from D2. While crafting is sort of like gambling, I got way more thrills from the old system.
    2. CtC's from D2. Chance to cast items were pretty damn awesome, and It would be fun giving you a taste of some of the other classes's abilities.
    3.More gems and more slot diversity. I find it kind of meh atm the number of gems and that they only have 3 different slot bonuses. Adding more would only diversify the builds.
    4. A LOT more sets and uniques, even for the low lvls. I'm not saying to increase the drop rate, but there aren't a lot of uniques and set items available.
    5.Make set items better. The set bonuses are pretty weak overall and just not that worth it.

Better random worlds and dungeons is pretty much a big one for me. At least it could make the farming runs a little more varied.

I would like to see elemental effects on weapons to have a side effect (stun, dot, etc).

I'd also like to see better lore and dialogue in the future xpacs. I felt severely disappointed in most of the villains and their childish, cliche dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some actual random places.
    A dungeon that changes each time you enter it, and it isn't through the storyline.
    Awesome new boss mechanics. Heaps of them, like a Gauntlet.

Weapons having enchants that do different things. Some of the legendaries were given some in 1.4, but we need more!

Better story.
    New class, better loot options.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    better itemization on loot.
    Sure its great that Monster power levels will ensure 58-63 Ilevel items, but when a a level 63 weapon drops with worse stats than a level 58 item there is something very very wrong. Yes I know its RNG, But the RNG needs to be set to realistic limits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    3.More gems and more slot diversity. I find it kind of meh atm the number of gems and that they only have 3 different slot bonuses. Adding more would only diversify the builds.
    4. A LOT more sets and uniques, even for the low lvls. I'm not saying to increase the drop rate, but there aren't a lot of uniques and set items available.
    I agree with these two points.

I think we could use a resistance gem, so you don't have to throw away so many items with good stats but that lack resistance. And perhaps a life steal gem (skull?).
    Also, I feel crit is too valuable for weapons. We need some diversity and actual choice. Now it's a no brainer to always choose crit for weapons. I'm not saying nerf it, but perhaps make others up to par. It's not an easy fix though.

Also, I'd love to see more lower level sets. And make them a bit more common than high level sets. Kind of like the Sigon pieces of Diablo 2.

Now, as for my own input. I'd like to see an option to switch between Acts (without losing NV). I think it's really annoying everything is so linear. However I doubt the code allows them to make such a drastic change at this point. Still, Diablo 2 was the far better game in terms of movement / questing freedom.

Similar to point one: Id love to see the ability to create sockets in some items. Yes, especially for weapons and helms. Now it's a no-brainer to throw away any helm or weapon without a socket, it's that important. So it would be a good idea to make it possible to create sockets into good items that lack it.

I'm sure other people can come up with some more fun things, but for now I'm closing my list with a new class or two.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries that have 1 random property max

Better map randomization

A crafting system that doesn't suck

PvP!!!

I'm leaving my expectations low. I highly doubt D3 will ever be as solid as D2.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-11-13 at 03:57 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    1. Being able to create named games.

2. Being able to create games just for pvp. Being able to choose a big pvp battleground and just duel in there.

3. More set and legendary low level item drops. Even at mp10 i get NONE.

4. More fun bonuses with full sets such as +% exp gained, +% gold gained and cool visual effects like in d2.

5. More fun sets such as a set that turns you into a monster and gains your own skills. D2 had a few of those.

6. Party size increased to 6-8.

7. Being in party gives bigger bonuses.

8. Easier to punish lazy people.

9. More end game events.

10. A jungle act, i miss fetish.

11. Talent trees.

12. Druid or a shapeshifter class please.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets make this quick

- Item stats are too random like wth WHY IS THERE STRENGTH ON lets say wizard hats? Few bits armor? LOL K like really this is one of the most random BS I've ever seen. WHY IS THEIR STRENGTH ON A G-DAM BOW

- Bosses should have a higher chance to drop legendaries

- Customization, My DH looks atrocious alright I look A W F U L like look at this. http://i.imgur.com/9qf3C.jpg.
    ( Granted It's not too bad but AT LEAST let me use dye's to match perfectly on legendaries. )

- More skills wth like D2 Talents, There's like NO skills at all whatsoever. Ridiculous
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-13 at 09:00 AM.

I think the quest mechanic to craft your own true ring (bound on account) is great/ More from that.

I don't believe in designing many more dungeons and Acts, because D3 is all about killing mobs and random monsters/elites.

Story and landscape is rather meaningless in a game you play for 1000 hours to get a reward.

PvP could be a good addition, but frankly I have no idea how they would scale it... probably based on a kind of gearscore match up of players.

D3 is a game you play for X time and you will always come back to after Y time.

For some that means X/Y= 3 weeks or 3 years and so I am not expecting many things to be added, as I like to play it that way.

btw: 6 months playing and my average on Xfire is well above 600 hours played, so still going strong./

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post

I'm leaving my expectations low. I highly doubt D3 will ever be as solid as D2.
    TBH I was quite pleasantly surprised on what Blizz did based on the negative feedback from the players. It seems like they're trying. So the more constructive feedback, the better. Ofc some of the bigger features will be kept for the epxnasion,but I wouldn;t be surprised if they actually implement some of these ideas in future patches.

They need to make something like round based survival modes (like black ops zombie mode) where mobs come in waves and completing a wave earns one stack of NV.