Deleted

How to Monster Power?

I was wondering, is it better to farm as high monster power I can in hell (approx. 7 or 8, maybe 9) or go for inferno with no monster power? I'm playing a barb with crappy gear, havent played since june.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I was wondering, is it better to farm as high monster power I can in hell (approx. 7 or 8, maybe 9) or go for inferno with no monster power? I'm playing a barb with crappy gear, havent played since june.
    Hell with high MP would be nice if you are planning on getting your items from the AH (gold find %).
    I do reccomend going on Inferno just because it makes it is in my opinion easier to farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I would go for Inferno no monster power, because there's a higher chance of finding something you need from a drop, and that's much funnier than finding something you need on AH!

Deleted
    the difference between MP1 Inferno and MP0 Inferno is neglegable.
    Farm MP1 inferno for higher MF, and guranteed drops of abover Ilevel 58. till you're ready to move up an MP.
    However items that drop can still suck balls.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    the difference between MP1 Inferno and MP0 Inferno is neglegable.
    Farm MP1 inferno for higher MF, and guranteed drops of abover Ilevel 58. till you're ready to move up an MP.
    However items that drop can still suck balls.
    Actually I find that its a pretty big jump.

Although I only play hardcore so that could be the caution speaking
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

As a barb I found that once I had about 300-400 resists and 40k dps with some lifesteal and life on hit, MP1 was easy. Grab a 2H with high damage, 5%+ life steal, +1200 LOH, crit damage if you can. Then get a belt with 3% life steal and try this build out. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VRP!YZe!cZbZcZ The only thing it lacks is some mobility, but keeping up 5 stacks of frenzy for faster attack speed and more damage and keeping rend up on everything and using overpower and revenge whenever available will keep your defense, damage, and healing up as much as possible. Try to double stack physical resistance with resist all when you can, as the 20% reduced damage from non-physical from superstition passive is worth quite a bit of resistance for everything non-physical.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2012-11-12 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, related question. What do you think would be the most efficient for gear-farming:

Act 1, MP 1, with zero MF gear (69% through paragon levels)
    Act 3 0 MP, probably the same gear
    Act 1, MP 0, jacked up MF gear, but lower damage

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, related question. What do you think would be the most efficient for gear-farming:

i'm between act 3 no mp and act 1 mp and sweetspot your gear with some magic to get 200%MF AFTER 5nv stacks

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure mp0 has 60-63 monsters and mp1 is all 63 monsters. They also said stats scale with monster level and I presume you get higher ilvl items from higher lvl monsters. Not 100% sure.

As someone with fairly good gear, I find farming mp1 far better than doing like mp7. The MF/GF just doesn't seem worth it when I can do like 4 runs vs. 1 run for only a 150% mf/gf increase.

When I get people back into the game, I give them about 1m, that's enough to buy an act 3 MP1 set as a barbarian. I would shoot for act 3 mp1 as quickly as you can.
    Last edited by Merite; 2012-11-19 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross1 View Post
    i'm between act 3 no mp and act 1 mp and sweetspot your gear with some magic to get 200%MF AFTER 5nv stacks
    My current MF gear can't farm MP1. My current dps gear barely farms MP1. I don't think I have another option.

Act3 0MP is 100% the best, mlvl63 and highest amount of monsters/highest monster density makes it a clear winner.

My current MF gear can't farm MP1. My current dps gear barely farms MP1. I don't think I have another option.
    actually it's not that hard for you to cap 200% mf after 5nv stacks, you roughly need 6% extra of MF. and mp1 is not that hard i beat act 1 mp1 in like an hour XD... es its slow but it's easy to do it... however i still hate "reflects damage" affix

Load up on max MF gear and do Nightmare on MP10. I seriously sell stuff in the level 20-35 range for 200-500k all day long. I guess people seem to be returning and have tons of gold to reroll new alts and twink them out. Just sold a pair of level 33 legs for 1 mil. Do that for a week then buy better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Load up on max MF gear and do Nightmare on MP10. I seriously sell stuff in the level 20-35 range for 200-500k all day long. I guess people seem to be returning and have tons of gold to reroll new alts and twink them out. Just sold a pair of level 33 legs for 1 mil. Do that for a week then buy better gear.
    I do something similar in my Leoric's Signet farm runs. But now I'm looking for something better that can end up with gear you can sell on the RMAH. I don't think that low-level gear minus the ring itself would sell for much like that.