Question regarding the Fire Elemental

On fights that do not require you to Glyph CL, would it be a dps increase if you Glyph Fire elemental Totem to line it up when you use your trinket + Potion ?

I dont know how to add such conditions in Simcraft to see the difference so if anyone already did this would appreciate if you can share that info.

My understanding since I saw Glyph of Fire elemental totem is its good for 2 things, progress raids where you want all your CDs rdy after each wipe or fights that are less than 5 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    On fights that do not require you to Glyph CL, would it be a dps increase if you Glyph Fire elemental Totem to line it up when you use your trinket + Potion ? dont know how to add such conditions in Simcraft to see the difference so if anyone already did this would appreciate if you can share that info.
    If you don't know how to change it directly in Simcraft, why don't you change the glyph yourself, logout and sim twice your own armory?

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    I
    My understanding since I saw Glyph of Fire elemental totem is its good for 2 things, progress raids where you want all your CDs rdy after each wipe
    If your raid wipes you'll long cd's will be reset automatically (lust/fire & earth ele).

Depends on how long the fight takes.

For each 5 minutes, add 100% for without the glyph. Fight takes 6 minutes, you can blow Fire Elemental twice = 200% gain
    For each 3 minutes, add 60% (100% - 40%) for the glyph. For the same 6 minutes, 60% + 60% + 60% = 180% gain.

This is assumed on Patchwerk style fights.
    If there's something that reduces your Elemental's uptime on target (phase change, platform change), you have to deduct the time wasted. Most of the times glyphed is more dependable. It's uncommon thesedays, for Fire Elemental to stay on the boss for 1 minute, without any wastes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    If there's something that reduces your Elemental's uptime on target (phase change, platform change), you have to deduct the time wasted. Most of the times glyphed is more dependable. It's uncommon thesedays, for Fire Elemental to stay on the boss for 1 minute, without any wastes.
    I'd tend to disagree. Unless the fight lasts between 5-6/10-11 minutes long you have time to pick and choose when to use your Fire Elemental and thus don't have to use it bang on cooldown. Due to this, if the fight has got some no uptime phase coming in the next minute you can delay it somewhat and not lose any overall uptime.

As you pointed out also assuming you get full use of all Fire Elemental uses (with or without glyph) the only time the Glyph is actually better is if the fight lasts roughly 10 minutes so you get the fourth use with the glyph but not the third use without it. Apart from in this situation (where obviously the glyph is better) the glyph is just a flat DPS loss due to reduced uptime. There are few fights I can think of where there is no phase that has the boss targetable for a full 60 seconds (your fire elemental doesn't need you to be hitting the boss to be able to do dps - ie if your taking Garulon he can still full DPS just fine).