Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ask him to stop. If he has respect for you and the game he will. If he keeps going report. Sometimes harsh love is the better love.

i'd report to blizzard with all the information about which bot and what he is specifically botting. Then when he soon gets perma banned he'll be all like "WTF WHY AM I BANNED?! FUCK DIS SHIT" and you'll be all like "told ya /smug face "
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    ask mmo-champion how to fuck your brother?

i mean, getting some lube and a ten inch strapon seemed pretty legit to me

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-12 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Sounds really good coming from someone that specifically said they would stab their brother in the back over something in a video game....
    Because the OP's brother isn't potentially screwing him over right? The OP could be banned because of his brother.

put a keylogger on his computer. hack his account and do some weird stuff with it

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Becareful about reporting him. If you're both playing at the same house they might ban both his account and yours.

Actually, tell him to stop anyways. Even you don't report it and Blizzard does detect the botting, you'll risk having your account investigated as well.
    Not true at all. They ONLY touch the accounts with the botting character on them. Blue posts have mentioned this before.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Who would report his brother?
    Me. I reported my twin brother during BC for gliding, and I reported one of my exes in classic for buying gold and power leveling services from the Chinese.

The rules are the rules. No matter how much someone says you shouldn't rat on family, sometimes they need to be held accountable.
    Poorly played Discipline Priest and part time lore junky.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I face-palmed. Seriously? He bots in a computer game, so he is morally wrong? Seriously? SERIOUSLY???
    Don't get sarcasm, no?

Police brother, fuck out the way!! Let him do whatever the fuck he wanna do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Don't get sarcasm, no?
    for some people it's hard to translate on the internet

that's what i hear anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreogan View Post
    Me. I reported my twin brother during BC for gliding, and I reported one of my exes in classic for buying gold and power leveling services from the Chinese.

The rules are the rules. No matter how much someone says you shouldn't rat on family, sometimes they need to be held accountable.
    Also doubt he would learn unless he got banned from it.
    Besides that sounds like the topic starter doesn´t give a damn about his brother as long as he got an arena partner (since he stated earlier "recruitment was slow").
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I'll quote this as a response to people talking about morals. I know it sucks ass to do BGs with a lot of bots, but it's hardly the same as stealing candy from kids.
    Translation: i know it fucks up server economies and ruins bg's and in general just affects everyone else's game time negatively but it's a video game so it's just arbitrarily okay for someone to be a total asshole and exploit cheats for their own benefit.
    Look! Words!

Ask him for his bot account info, say you want to borrow it. Change the password and any other information that you can. Or, just break his PC ^_^

Basically, my brother bots BGs in WoW and farms inferno with a bot in D3. He's also bought gold a couple times in WoW.

Obviously I want him to stop, as I don't want him to get banned.

Anyone with any idea as to what I do?

Sorry to say it, but it's one of those things where a harsh lesson is the best lesson.

If you ask him to stop, and he dosen't, gets banned. You can at least gloat with a good ole fasioned "Told-ya-so"

If you're sharing an account though, just change the password and tell him straight up how it's gonna be.

He's probably bringing in the dough with the D3 inferno farming if he's selling stuff on the RMAH. And he isn't really effecting anyone either. I don't think there's many people who don't bot that game at endgame.

WoW in bgs? Yea, get him banned. He's ruining everyone else's play experience by botting there. Buying gold? Also seems to be norm nowadays despite it being against the ToS. Having him keylogged does sound like a good bet.

I realize that screwing him over in WoW also screws him over on D3 if it's keylogging but either way botting all around is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

What should you do? Start looking for a replacement. I've seen guilds go down because a few members were botting, and once they were perma-banned, whoever was left just kinda fell apart rather than do the work of serious recruiting. Start looking before he's banned. Not only will it leave you ready for when he is unable to play, it will send a strong message to your brother.

Maybe I wanted to know what people'd do in my situation.
    I would get him banned. Harsh lessons are the ones you remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he ignores your warnings and gets banned, it's not your fault.

Deleted
    I have a friend who has been botting for at least one WoW expansion, maybe more (he didn't specify), he also sold the gold for game time and now his WoW account is paid for 2+ years... He gave me a link to the website selling the service, it looks like a good deal if you are into that kind of stuff(better than gold-selling sites). I never did it myself since I cba dealing with a new account if mine gets banned, but seeing how people do it for years with little to no consequences shows you how much Blizzard really cares about botters/gold sellers.

wow i hate narks just let him be and the guy that reported his bro and wife wow man ur a great bud. why does it effect you so much no need to be a nark