Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Op has identified himself as Zaeth of Kazzak EU in this thread
    www(dot)mmo-champion.com/threads/1217820-Looking-for-some-WoW-charcters-to-draw?p=18915783#post18915783

Quote of the day:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Since the toon is only level 88 it's likely to be an alt, but the people of Kazzak (and Group Therapy in particular) should be able to identify the culprit.
    Don't turn a blind eye to wrong doers, it's the road to damnation. Doing nothing can be a crime in it self.

Why do you care?

He knows the risks, and if he does get banned a week later he will be back at lvl 90...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If he gets banned you get banned....
    Not true.

I don't know why people insist on saying I want my brother banned. That's exactly what I want to avoid.
    He's only been botting for about a year (7 year old account), and I consistently try to get him to understand the negative sides. What I wanted from this thread is tips.

I'm not reporting him, nor am I going to be a mongrel and use physical harm. Just wanted to clear that up.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annonn View Post
    Op has identified himself as Zaeth of Kazzak EU in this thread
    www(dot)mmo-champion.com/threads/1217820-Looking-for-some-WoW-charcters-to-draw?p=18915783#post18915783

Quote of the day:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Since the toon is only level 88 it's likely to be an alt, but the people of Kazzak (and Group Therapy in particular) should be able to identify the culprit.
    Don't turn a blind eye to wrong doers, it's the road to damnation. Doing nothing can be a crime in it self.
    You found me. Grats. What purpose will that serve? :P

EDIT: As a means for finding my brother, no, Group Therapy won't help you there.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2012-11-12 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Reporting isn't something I intend to do, as I don't want him banned. I want him to stop botting, solely for the purpose of not losing my arenapartner/guildtank (recruits are shy). Also, he's been working on the account for 7 years, I imagine he'd be a little upset if he gets banned - problem is that he doesn't really understand that he can and probably will get banned. So in a way, I see it as my responsibility.
    So you don't want him banned not because he's doing the wrong thing but because it will inconvenience you? In that case do nothing you both deserve a good lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    2) Report him and have him banned. It won't be a perma-ban, so that's one way to teach him a lesson.
    Blizzard has a no tolerance policy on bots. It will be a perma-ban.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So you don't want him banned not because he's doing the wrong thing but because it will inconvenience you? In that case do nothing you both deserve a good lesson.
    Ever heard about the monkeysphere?

I know it sucks to play BGs with bots, but I care more about my brother not losing several years of work and my own playability than others' BGs enjoyment. That part bothers me as well, of course, but significantly less.

10+ Year Old Account
    go into his comp while he is not at home, then move the bot into the wow and diablo folder, if he starts it again he gets insta banned =P

Ever heard about the monkeysphere?

I know it sucks to play BGs with bots, but I care more about my brother not losing several years of work and my own playability than others' BGs enjoyment. That part bothers me as well, of course, but significantly less.
    Reporting isn't something I intend to do, as I don't want him banned. I want him to stop botting, solely for the purpose of not losing my arenapartner/guildtank (recruits are shy). Also, he's been working on the account for 7 years, I imagine he'd be a little upset if he gets banned - problem is that he doesn't really understand that he can and probably will get banned. So in a way, I see it as my responsibility.
    Please stop pretending you are trying to protect your brother when all you're interested in is saving some time finding a replacement player.

Deleted
    You're missing a wonderful opportunity to just blackmail him forever.

Change his password and make him think he got keylogged from a bot site.

People actually believe the propaganda that botters get hacked all the time, sad really. People I have played with have botted for years with no consequence.

Let him do what he wants, you can replace him as a raider, but reporting him/changing his password will do nothing for you. If you report him he will not thank you for teaching him a lesson. If you change his password he will get it back and could retaliate.

If you do either and don't tell him you are a spineless worm, much worse than someone that bots on a video game.

Everyone else: if you dont want to BG with Botters you can do RBGs. If you dont support bots farming herbs and ore for gold, good for you, buy the stuff for 200g a stack...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how you will get him to stop. It's much like drug addiction. Once it's dabbled in it's very difficult to stop.

Made sure to tell my sis about the dangers of these things before she played WoW. And sis would do the right thing anyway, so it works out well.

Just have to have that compass, and the arrow always pointing "right".
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I think your only recourse is to try to explain to him just how risky it is to bot. To be honest, I'm surprised he's gotten away with it for so long. In my opinion, he's already living on borrowed time. If the fear of being caught and banned is not enough to make him stop, then I don't think there's anything you can do.

Sadly, he might just have to get caught in order to relize how not worth it botting is. You lose everything you ever gained, and for what? The chance to have things in game that you didn't really earn.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet my 2 cents that if you tell a GM this story he would be willing to give him a 3 day ban first, you'll find that most GM's are pretty sympathetic, or they are paid to be I always liked the first one better.

I'll quote this as a response to people talking about morals. I know it sucks ass to do BGs with a lot of bots, but it's hardly the same as stealing candy from kids.
    Actually, its kind of worse, as most kids don't pay for their own candy, and botters ruin an experience that people paid for. Its like going to the movies, and someone talks loudly during the entire film, except you have no recourse at all. So no, its not just a game, its a paid for product that is being ruined by selfish assholes. It might not be murder, but its still immoral to cheat and to cheat other people out of an experience they paid for.

If he BG bots he's probably already been reported and and will get banned in the next wave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Please stop pretending you are trying to protect your brother when all you're interested in is saving some time finding a replacement player.
    Who are you to decide whether or not I want to protect my brother? I did say "solely", but if you're assuming the second post is a lie, why can't the first be? Fits your purposes better?

Please stop pretending you know what my reasons are.

Your reasons are self evident in every post you make. You are self centered and are looking out for your own interests and hiding behind your "concern" for your brother, deal with it and the consequences of being that way.

If you cared and had any conviction, the answer has been provided to you, since you don't you continue to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your brother bots. So what.

The only reason I can think of that might make it any of your business is if you guys share an account and/or any kind of assets in game...

Otherwise, I'd say ignore the "issue" because really, it's his game/account and he is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants right up until he gets banned by Blizz.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

you don't report your brother for something like this. if he's hurting someone yeah, this doesn't make a damn and blizz doesn't even give a shit or they'd handle it.

you speak your mind and leave it at that. he's gonna do shit you don't like.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does it affect you? If you don't want him banned then just let it go.

I don't see how his botting has anything to do with your experience, other than you're jealous of the gear he earned without any effort.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-11-12 at 08:08 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.