Thread: Echoing Problem

10+ Year Old Account

Echoing Problem

So me and my friend have a YouTube channel and recently we've had problems with echoing in our videos, it doesn't happen with my sound only with my friend's and since his is the footage we use the most it causes a big problem. We talk over Skype and use Fraps to record.

Here is an example of a video where you can hear the echoing everytime I speak.

Any suggestions or help? thanks.
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-11-12 at 01:15 PM.

We talk over Skype and use Fraps to record.
    Try recording off skype, then on skype w/ 1 of you muted, then again w/ the other muted.

Yea its clearly one of u echoing the others voice from a poorly shielded mic or soundcard.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-12 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Try recording off skype, then on skype w/ 1 of you muted, then again w/ the other muted.

Yea its clearly one of u echoing the others voice from a poorly shielded mic or soundcard.
    Well my mate bought a new soundcard (not for this reason) about 3 days ago so I don't think it's that, as to poorly shielded mic, nothing has changed since we've been making videos (echoing hasn't been a problem until recently) and it's suddenly came out of nowhere which is why it's such a mystery to us.

Deleted
    Sounds like the mic is picking up the speakers and causing the echo. Also taking the foam filter off the mic can do this, well if the mic had a foam cover thing in 1st place.

Try muting your TeamSpeaks when you're not talking, and then editing the sound afterwards to fit more elegantly. Sounds purely like someone has an over-sensitive mic.