Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood DK Polearm

Blood Legion on Illidan recently cleared Heart of Fear on Heroic 25.

Riggnaros, Their skilled DK Tank uses the polearm from MSV as his weapon of choice.
    The mastery, wep damage and Mastery bonuses are a great upgrade to HC dungeon weapons, but do you feel this is a better choice than the Strength weapon, Starshatter, and not just a HC dungeon replacement due to unlucky Elegon drops? (I know this will be obsolete once Terrace comes out, but this is for people that have a bit further to go before downing Sha).

Discuss!
    Last edited by mmoc23f9abdf33; 2012-11-12 at 03:29 PM.

Pretty sure it has already been math'd to be the best for survivability, sacrificing damage in return.

Deleted
    Time to hunt down the polearm mogs Also hunty "Awesome sig and avatar by the awesome Elyaan". Very cool!

Dropped for us last night and I could have got it, but I didn't think too much into it, though I did notice Rig using it before. Probably should have took it (it went for OS). D:

THE polearm mog is Black Ice, it looks awesome. Downside is that pretty much every polearm looks like Black Ice now :P
    Sig and ava is all Ely's work

Deleted
    I'll probably go for the ones from the ToGC raid.. IF I get the polearm before Shin'ka.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agil gives armor, haste gives runes, mastery gives selfhealing/blood shield. I support his choise for hc modes.

I have always loved polearms as melee weapons. A strength polearm making a comeback would be amazing. But at least this is a considerable option for blood so that is nice. I would, if I could, use it. That's a shit ton of mastery, and if you get your hands on the heroic its a shit ton of stamina.

Even from a 463 blue strength weapon to the 489 version it would be a sizable increase.

Off topic: does anyone know what unit frame addon rigg uses in his videos? Like of himself and target.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    @ Maklor, does it add any attack power? I remember an 'elitist' on my server saying that it adds equal to 50% of what strength would.

@ Regen, I had a brief look at his video's. I cant tell exactly, but it looks like a very customized ElvUI with the action bars shrunk down and animated target bars.

Its worth it for them because they are pushing world firsts and they need they can't waste attempts figuring out how to keep their tanks alive. Shouldn't be taken from any druids or hunters if you want it now and even so it probably isn't worth the sha crystal+ blood spirit just to replace it in a week or two when terrace comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    it probably isn't worth the sha crystal+ blood spirit just to replace it in a week or two when terrace comes out.
    Like I said, this is for people who are going to be taking longer to get Sha of Fear down. Unless luck is on the right side when rolling for LFR Shin'ka.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Its worth it for them because they are pushing world firsts and they need they can't waste attempts figuring out how to keep their tanks alive. Shouldn't be taken from any druids or hunters if you want it now and even so it probably isn't worth the sha crystal+ blood spirit just to replace it in a week or two when terrace comes out.
    Hunters no longer use it. Druids would be upset but for a guild like them, doing everything to maximize how long he lives matters more than some more dps for one guy. And who's to say only one dropped? I'm on my phone so I'm not going to creep their armory but maybe the feral got one too.

Also no, agi gives no attack power. The only benefit of the agility on the weapon is crit. Which is overshadowed by the loss of parry. All of this is of course made up for in the mastery and stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Proterra View Post
    @ Maklor, does it add any attack power? I remember an 'elitist' on my server saying that it adds equal to 50% of what strength would.

It did like 3-4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Hunters no longer use it. Druids would be upset but for a guild like them, doing everything to maximize how long he lives matters more than some more dps for one guy. And who's to say only one dropped? I'm on my phone so I'm not going to creep their armory but maybe the feral got one too.

Also no, agi gives no attack power. The only benefit of the agility on the weapon is crit. Which is overshadowed by the loss of parry. All of this is of course made up for in the mastery and stamina.
    Sorry I was tired, i ment monks not hunters i'm a bad hunter.

I would guess that he just hasn't seen another starshatter drop quite yet. Rigg does gear heavily towards mastery and avoidance though and he doesn't always do the same things that other blood dks do.

Here's the stat tradeoff between the two.

Starshatter: ~1032 parry (from strength) and 716 expertise
    Screaming Tiger: 604 mastery and 393 haste

I've assumed that you would reforge into parry from haste with the polearm and into mastery from crit with the sword for these examples which is why the stats are adjusted.

I would much rather take the extra damage, more expertise for more fluid RP regen and avoidance over basically 600 mastery and a bit of haste which has far less survivability value than hit, expertise, or avoidance.

Personally, I'm going for hit and expertise caps because from the current heroic content, dks seem to be fine on surviving and the extra mastery just isn't that attractive to me. Either weapon is fine though and you're really splitting hairs between the two. For most people it will depend on which one drops for them first.

Oh wow this is pretty cool. Did not know

OMG the world first guild tank used this so that means I have to have it as well...

Don't worry you don't because by the time your guild gets there more people will be geared and you wont need that little edge....

Just saying ya know...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Mastery is worth a lot more than dodge/parry, but I have zero problems surviving, so I go with Starshatter or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    It did like 3-4 years ago
    I'm pretty sure agi never gave any attackpower to str classes.
    Right now it doesn't even give crit anymore (okay it does but at such a low a rate, you might as well ignore it)

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Mastery is worth a lot more than dodge/parry, but I have zero problems surviving, so I go with Starshatter or whatever.
    Most dks would probably do that, but the question is would you use 476/489 Starshatter over the 502 polearm?

Quote Originally Posted by Proterra View Post
    Time to hunt down the polearm mogs Also hunty "Awesome sig and avatar by the awesome Elyaan". Very cool!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=70165 would be my first choice, along with the T11 normal set.