Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Bwahahhaah, nice. How would they even tell the difference, come to think of it. You can't see someone's HP or their damage output. Short of forcing someone to link all their gear, how would anyone tell? =D
    Exactly, I had one group leader demand that I linked all my gear and the group just kicked him out and found another dude in like 2 seconds and we went in and crushed the instance.... I always find it amazing how in the guy in rares who dances in an out of Melee range yet -I'm- the one who isn't dead 50% of the instance....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

gear isnt an issue in GW2 dungeons. Its usually the fight or your build/skill that make the difference. Ppl do look for 80's for explore but i have never seen someone on YaksBend in Lions arch looking for fully exotic geared individuals.

This dungeon is different than the rest of the dungeons. This dungeon can be completed easily if you know what to do. The lower difficulty levels will be easily doable in greens and blues. The new gear is supposed to help at higher difficulty levels. If you arnt farming those higher levels then you shouldnt be worrying about that gear.

Teams that want to do higher difficulty levels will prolly be looking for ppl in that gear if it provides adequate help and a noticeable difference in completing the dungeon. But again for all you ppl that read what i just said and immediately thought "players only looking for ascendance geared toons for infinite dungeon"
    These ppl doing those groups are doing the highest difficulties of the dungeon. You wouldnt be looking for that kinda group anyway, you should be looking for lower difficulty groups to farm with.

As far as the new content is concerned, I actually think the dungeon idea is pretty good. Although I'm wondering if people will run the old dungeons anymore. If the ascended gear is only used for this dungeon then I don't think there will be much of a hit to the other dungeons (once the initial new content rush is over). However, if the ascended gear is a general gear upgrade for everywhere then hardly anyone will run the old dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    As far as the new content is concerned, I actually think the dungeon idea is pretty good. Although I'm wondering if people will run the old dungeons anymore. If the ascended gear is only used for this dungeon then I don't think there will be much of a hit to the other dungeons (once the initial new content rush is over). However, if the ascended gear is a general gear upgrade for everywhere then hardly anyone will run the old dungeons.
    Cosmetics are still a big thing for me. Getting my character looking how i want it to is a top priority. After that is the stats, Thats where i go around looking for that stats i want to transmute onto what i am currently wearing. Unless the new gear has sets that look way better than what i am trying to get, then i wont spend my time looking for those.

Also they said the gear was rare so gonna be kinda hard to get your hands on a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Exactly, I had one group leader demand that I linked all my gear and the group just kicked him out and found another dude in like 2 seconds and we went in and crushed the instance.... I always find it amazing how in the guy in rares who dances in an out of Melee range yet -I'm- the one who isn't dead 50% of the instance....
    Hooray for democracy rule! Well, sometimes.

Deleted
    I just want them to put the legendary armor up already

/grunt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Hooray for democracy rule! Well, sometimes.
    Lol I remember we kicked him after I said DOWN WITH THE TYRANT!! xD, am I the only one more interested about what this new gear looks like? Idk why but I'm picturing armor that'll literally radiate with awesome after you clear X paths consecutively and glow with even more awesome after X more an X more...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Bwahahhaah, nice. How would they even tell the difference, come to think of it. You can't see someone's HP or their damage output. Short of forcing someone to link all their gear, how would anyone tell? =D
    well actually when you transmute an Item it says somewhere in the bottom: 'transmuted'

so y'know if they're smart enough to check for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    well actually when you transmute an Item it says somewhere in the bottom: 'transmuted'

so y'know if they're smart enough to check for that.
    Well, they can't see the transmuted tag if you don't link the gear? And even if you have to link your gear you are blown away anyway because of the color of your armours text?

Don't think he is blaming the players, just to wait until more information is posted. But I have to agree with the players here (since I'm one of them hehe). With such little vague statements posted it's hard not to jump to conclusions here. Perhaps if they posted the blog before giving out that information to gamer news sites first then it might alleviate a lot of the angst that is going around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, so he blames the players for...reading? I dunno!
    It was a statement, not blaming players for reading.

Martin Kerstein is really starting to sour on me. He has a weird hubris about him that is really off putting lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Martin Kerstein is really starting to sour on me. He has a weird hubris about him that is really off putting lately.
    I think having the official forums has really soured their community reps. I still think it was a bad move on their part to have them.

Deleted
    Lot of people freaking out on the official forums about the mention of a new tier of armor, which is basically what it will be, if it has better than exotic stats, it becomes a new tier, even if it's only marginally better. It seems like a very strange design choice at this point so I'm definitely waiting for more information and to see how exactly this is going to work.

They really should have clarified more or not let the articles be published ahead of their own press releases if they don't want people to assume the worst and / or panic about vaguely worded previews.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen GW2 tweets and I didn't know who the MK was at the end of tweets until now. I understand it's own personal twitter account he just posted on but he did tweet on behalf of the game and it didn't sound like very appropriate replys that should be coming from a CM on a concern from the community.

OT: Wait for the blog before coming to any harsh conclusions.

Deleted
    he appears to be annoyed.

Amused cow is amused.
    That reply of having faith in Arena.net is exactly what soured me and to be honest, it's making me a little angry.

Precisely because:

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    They really should have clarified more or not let the articles be published ahead of their own press releases if they don't want people to assume the worst and / or panic about vaguely worded previews.
    Anet is no flying spaghetti monster I need to have faith in. They provide products and services. Communicating clearly and in a timely manner trumps "faith". If clarification wasn't ready to go in hour zero, that is most definitely your bad.

I don't often say this, but I do think Martin Kerstein should be told to "go fuck himself".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    he appears to be annoyed.
    If he didn't want the backlash that happened, they should have released something immediately after the article to avoid it. It's stupid to think players are going to have a blind faith in a gaming company.

That reply of having faith in Arena.net is exactly what soured me and to be honest, it's making me a little angry.

Precisely because:

Anet is no flying spaghetti monster I need to have faith in. They provide products and services. Communicating clearly and in a timely manner trumps "faith". If clarification wasn't ready to go in hour zero, that is most definitely your bad.

I don't often say this, but I do think Martin Kerstein should be told to "go fuck himself".
    This exactly.