Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've only done level 1 so far, but from what I saw in there I liked the dungeons. They require good team effort which I enjoyed. What I don't like is that it is kind of mandatory for you to do it and now the open world feels so lonely because everyone is doing the dungeon and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I've only done level 1 so far, but from what I saw in there I liked the dungeons. They require good team effort which I enjoyed. What I don't like is that it is kind of mandatory for you to do it and now the open world feels so lonely because everyone is doing the dungeon and nothing else.
    Since their isn't really a gear grind that'll wear off in 2/3 weeks trust me
    it's still fresh so people play it allot (so do i) but as soon as i reach level 10 or something i'll slow down prob ^^
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Since their isn't really a gear grind that'll wear off in 2/3 weeks trust me
    it's still fresh so people play it allot (so do i) but as soon as i reach level 10 or something i'll slow down prob ^^
    lvl 20+ has rare ascended weapons with unique skins rivaling legendarys apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    lvl 20+ has rare ascended weapons with unique skins rivaling legendarys apparently.
    I thought they hadn't put in ascended weapons yet.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    umm no offense dude but those players arent going to come back to a game whereby they bought it based on the premise of it all being an even playing field. anet lied, pure and simple and if you think bits of gear is going to lure them back well, you're wrong.

gw2 is dying faster than swtor. and i called it when i said anet were shouting 'we are the best' and they'd fail to deliver. and look whats happening. its all been planned man, dont kid yourself. why else do you think DR wasnt in any of the betas? then was stealthed in 2 weeks after launch? because they got their sales didnt they, they can now do whatever they want. if it was in the betas people would have thought twice about buying a game that claimed to be against grind, allowing you to play your way only to find nazi like impositions in place regarding how content is dealt if you wish to farm.

love or hate it, wow never bullshitted about what it was. we dont or have i ever heard 'omg we are the best, we have no grind' crap. anet, are like amway, very clever at fooling the weak minded.
    Why are you still at it? Give it up already. We get it, you don't like GW2, move on. Seriously, you are obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I thought they hadn't put in ascended weapons yet.
    They posted somewhere (it's lost now in the archives) that it's a rare drop chance. Above level 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    saw one linked last night. Apparently someone on IoJ fot the Ascended Hammer. It has a dps range, but no stats. Seems purely cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Empty except for when they do 1 time events in new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Empty except for when they do 1 time events in new zones.
    Then the new zones become empty because they don't release content for it after the 1 time events and claim they will release "more" in a few months. Making half the mini expansion a slap in our faces.

Also fractals has 2 rings. Shit aint required for nothing but higher lvl fractals (you can get away with 0 agony resist up to lvl 20).

I did fractals last night and it was a boat load of fun. Very happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty fun. I believevthere is one I have not yet encountered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fractals are indeed the redeeming feature of that patch as I had hoped and they are pretty fun. They still need to fix some issues like D/C issues. Dialog popping up in your face when boss is killed. And parties who did not vote ready apparently get split up instead of the entering of the instance being aborted. Otherwise there's a good mix of challenges in there.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Just did it last night for the first time it was really good, one of the best dungeons in GW2 I think.

Fractals have been really fun, our group is at level 10 right now - it's still not too difficult, zero wipes so far (other than the game bugging out and forcing us to wipe, to reset at a checkpoint). First time I've been interested in PvE other than levelling and map completion. I've picked up 2 20 slot boxes from it, get a ton of rares to salvage for ectos. Surprised that the price for ectos has been going UP despite how many you get from fractals.

Not sure when you get the ascended stuff.. assume they're random drops from the chests?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Fractals have been really fun, our group is at level 10 right now - it's still not too difficult, zero wipes so far (other than the game bugging out and forcing us to wipe, to reset at a checkpoint). First time I've been interested in PvE other than levelling and map completion. I've picked up 2 20 slot boxes from it, get a ton of rares to salvage for ectos. Surprised that the price for ectos has been going UP despite how many you get from fractals.

Not sure when you get the ascended stuff.. assume they're random drops from the chests?
    I think you need a "vial of the acended" to drop then you make it in the mystic forge unless I'm mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post

At level 10 you get a chance to get an extra chest with a chance to have the ascended rings in it. The only ascended gear atm is backslot which is crafted and rings. There are ascended weapons at level 20 but its really rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a week or so with FotM existence my opinion is:

It has it's upsides and downsides, but it ends up being somewhat of an annoying experience, it splits the community into a lvl progression that once most of the server climbs up its annoyingly difficult to find low level FotM's, so once you have a party you're pretty much married to that party progression and do it as fast as you can in order to reach the server FotM level. A-net did make beautiful designed dungeons, but the way it works it's just annoying. That added to the fact that LFG doesn't exist at all, you rely on using gw2lfg.com, which itself is still flawed, separating NA with EU players makes progression even more difficult and annoying.

Encounters like the last dredge boss and the swamp one can be extremely annoying without good communication, getting to be endless and up to a certain point boring, but that's a PUG issue. Other than that, the dungeons itself are fun and have some interesting mechanics
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-11-26 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    After a week or so with FotM existence my opinion is:

It has it's upsides and downsides, but it ends up being somewhat of an annoying experience, it splits the community into a lvl progression that once most of the server climbs up its annoyingly difficult to find low level FotM's, so once you have a party you're pretty much married to that party progression and do it as fast as you can in order to reach the server FotM level. A-net did make beautiful designed dungeons, but the way it works it's just annoying. That added to the fact that LFG doesn't exist at all, you rely on using gw2lfg.com, which itself is still flawed, separating NA with EU players makes progression even more difficult and annoying.
    This is why players should join guilds and stop trying to PuG everything. But you know MMO players, they love making things hard on themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    This is why players should join guilds and stop trying to PuG everything. But you know MMO players, they love making things hard on themselves.
    Guilds still progress when you're away most of the time, it's stupid to try and just get back to the old mmo guild mentality, that's the mold GW2 wasn't supposed to convert into.

"Oh today i have FotM schedule party"
    "Oh today it's raidnight"
    Oh today is... nvm, old system kills mmo's, that's one of the most important reasons traditional mmo's were just derpy for me.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-11-26 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Guilds still progress when you're away most of the time, it's stupid to try and just get back to the old mmo guild mentality, that's the mold GW2 wasn't supposed to convert into.

"Oh today i have FotM schedule party"
    "Oh today it's raidnight"
    Oh today is... nvm, old system kills mmo's, that's one of the most important reasons traditional mmo's were just derpy for me.
    Yep. We had the same group 1-10 but I came back from a weekend away and see my guild members are in the fractals, yet I didn't receive an invite. As the others progress, they don't want to go back to the earlier levels to piggy back me up. And I'm not really interested in pugging it. Our times are not always compatible and short of being married to a guild schedule, we will end up getting split up in this sense.