• Cata style vendors for Justice and Valor gear

171 56.62%
  • MOP Style rep grind

131 43.38%

Thread: Dailies!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Cata style all the way, i really really dislike the mop dailies.. makes me login less and less every day. takes hour upon hours every day -_-
    You only need to do about 20 dailies total to hit the valor cap as long as you do LFR and a daily 5 man... hours upon hours? That's baloney, dude.

Deleted
    The new system that is now in Pandaria makes it look alot more like TBC, i love it. In TBC you actually had to dedicate yourself to the game and put in hard work in order to succes, i´m talking about rep farm/getting gear. Been running every daily with every faction since the day i got to lvl 90 with my first char(got 2 atm). I only have August Celestials left on my exalted list. Will be a huge relief for me when i hit exalted with them. All the hard work i´ve put in to reach exalted will all be worth it. (for example i will mount up on Alani the day i hit exalted, yay!). In Cata i was bored. You had barely no dailies to do, the only daily i did in cata was Therazane and JC daily, pretty much. And there were no VP gear as rewards or mounts or anything like that. And i wasn´t a fan of PVP either, especialy not when the conquest cap were only 1650. 1 pvp item per week doesn´t really get you in a good mood. Back to topic anyway.

The only things i do atm in Mop is dailies/conquest cap/LFR/dungeons to get my last valor points for the week. And the gear you get from the factions when you hit Reverd is very nice in my opinion, it´s worth the troubble to do dailies. I used to spend around 2 hours every day on just doing dailies on 2 chars. Worth it? hell yeah. I need to contuine doing dailies so i can get the gear from reverd. I need to do dailies to get my own enchanting recipes/BS. I need to contuine doing dailies to get the mega epic awsome mounts. I just got my shado-pan tiger and the Anglers mount and i couldn´t be more happy (yes i´m a mount collector). The shado-pan mount is so sick, + in some weeks i´ll be sitting on Alani aswell. I honestly hope blizzard keep up this good work. Give us more factions and new mounts/gear/recipes through them. The only thing you done bad in Mop so far are the heroic dungeons, they are just a joke. Want heroics like TBC, harder ones. Best expansion so far after TBC (didn´t play in vanilla though ;/ )

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:10 AM ----------

Forgot to add. I´m doing dailies and LFR to impove my gear and sooner or later i´ll start making challenge gold runs, can´t wait for those rewards!
    Without dailies you have to farm heroics = 463 equipped ilvl,you have to spend thousand of gold on DMF trinket /crafted gear to get a higher ilvl and be able to do LFR. Conquest cap every week so you can get a higher ilvl so you, once again... can do LFR raids. Dailies is the key to succes in my opinion

Deleted
    They should be 2 ways tabard and quests everyone do like they want or they should be that way that ur second char got same rep as ur main i dont want to do second time this stupid quests ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I'll be honest. At first I hated this way. Now I prefer the MoP way. I can even make some gold this way and don't have to deal with stupid people.

I just wish these mobs had less HP.
    I am all about this lol. I love the gold from doing dailies there is such a huge chunk there to be earned for doing (almost) nothing. But yes some mobs and their health pools it's like... WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    August Celestials and Shado Pan reward Valor items as well, you know.

You still need to grind Cloud Serpent to actually USE cloud serpent mounts on your alts.

That leaves you with Anglers and Tillers. Great.
    acording to wow head there is no gear reward from hitting exalted with shado pan are august, unlike golden lotus/kalaxxi its lame that if i want to use the cloud serpent i have to grind the rep on each character, guess il leave it till 5.1...

MoP style, because I can do dailies by myself and can take a break whenever I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would rather run 7heroics a week than do a tons of dailies to gain valor and to unlock the gear, or have to run what 30heroics a week to get capped. thankfully i don't have to get valor gear and won't be. i enjoyed the cata way, it was more fun to me. i don't understand valor vendors requiring rep, i think they should of just given the rep guys other gear that required rep as before, and make the valor vendors not require rep. you get valor from things other than dailies but you can't spend them without dailies? seems a bit weird.

i would be much happier if the valor gear just didn't require rep. by all means make rep gear but don't make it require valor or make it valor gear but also make valor gear vendors that don't require rep.(some odd pieces from the rep valor)
    but like i said i don't have to get valor gear, so i have useless points and no need to run dungs anymore.

i liked the cata way because i could do it anyday i wanted, not have to do something(i dislike) everyday even if i get on every day.
    Last edited by strangebreed; 2012-11-13 at 12:53 PM.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

Deleted
    Old way by a long shot. I play the game for fun and daily quests aren't exactly it.

Deleted
    5.1 cant come soon enough, so whiners can use their valor to upgrade gear and hopefully stop all this useless QQ

Mop way is alright..... the first time, I play 3 alts, time shared evenly among all 3.

No, doing the dailies every day on 3 different characters is not fun, it's retarded to say the least, first they share mounts/titles etc. so people won't stick to 1 character, and then they do this?

Honestly, there is a reason why they moved away from the rep daily grind in tbc, i guess the devs forgot why (or didnt work at blizzard at the time)

I wouldnt mind this stuff for mounts and tabards, but actual gear? give me a freakin break, who in their right mind will be gearing up for Heart of fear this year, by only doing heroics and lfr? that's right, noone.

Honestly, I don't see why people are crying so much.

I am doing only 2 factions at a time. Even so, I am already revered with almost all of them, and now I need about 20,000 Valor points to buy the gear.

This will take what, 3 months? 4 months? By that time, it is possible to be already Exlated with all of them, and that even you go even slower and do only ONE faction at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I wouldnt mind this stuff for mounts and tabards, but actual gear? give me a freakin break, who in their right mind will be gearing up for Heart of fear this year, by only doing heroics and lfr? that's right, noone.
    I don't do dailies for gear. I got Honored with a few factions via their quests, and did heroics. Once I got enough gear to hit LFR, I started that and normal vaults. Honestly, we are not yet running normal HoF (lots of people are still leveling and just enjoying all the new content). But we probably will be in HoF by the end of this month.

I only play 2 days/week, so doing dailies does not make much sense for me. Either way, I'd much rather spend my time running dungeons instead of doing dailies. I gear up much faster that way (from a total time played standpoint).

Yeah, my toon is not geared out to the max....but that's not needed for raid progression. For me, raid progression is a lot more about tactics, not trying to outgear it.

EDIT - I do agree that valor gear should not be gated by rep though. That does not make much sense to me.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2012-11-13 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanfield View Post
    So much fun. Being valor capped and only being able to buy a neck. Sorry i don't have time to do 30 dailies a day. What was wrong with past way to get gear ? Having a JP vendor and a Valor vendor. Still had to earn the points to get gear. How are you supposed to progress a character without dailies? Full heroic gear is not enough to que for latest LFR even. And the loot system is horrible for LFR anyway. So can't get gear upgrades at all.
    Sigh - OK here goes.
    You only need one or two items outside of the Heroic Gear to be able to enter LFR MSV. You can get those items by:
    - Doing dailies with a faction or two til honored and then buy the stuff with valor
    - Doing the Klaxxi quests gets you to honored befor even starting dailies.... gets you a nice epic neck
    - There is craftable or buyable gear available

So there are several venues really. I'm not saying there was something wrong with the old system, but also there's nothing wrong with the new system.
    I got my first epic from Klaxxi then moved onto epic cloth and then engineering head gear. So that's 4 pieces of epic gear that I hard'ly did any dailies for. So it's time to stop the drama queen activities. I think there are as many people happy with the current system as that perhaps want the old system back.
    It's not that bad really. You can hit 90 and have a few epics within a week that help you enter LFR.... so what's the problem you all want it in one day?

Lore-wise, I prefer MoP style. A faction is something you have to earn respect with, and the tabard system really didn't feel rewarding. In a way, it was worse because it FORCED you to do dungeons.

However, I do miss having a vendor without any factions. The biggest problem that I faced in MoP rep-wise was being VP capped but not having enough rep with ANY faction to spend it on. So I had to sit there, vp capped, for a long time until I got the min. rep I needed.

That said, I can't vote for any option, because I'd prefer a mix. Rep system works fine as it is, but we need some unrestricted vendors. Even for the smallest items.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

I don't miss the rep tabards at all

I dont mind it too much, but I would like to see alternative ways to gain rep. like say, scenarios for example.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    You can hit 90 and have a few epics within a week that help you enter LFR.... so what's the problem you all want it in one day?
    I doubt in one day is the goal, but not far from that. Everyone complaining about "having" to do the dailies is just impatient, they want it now. Too bad. I wish they would set it up to be a bit slower. Then all of these gotta have it now babies might quit the game and the forums would be better off for it. There is nothing in this game that you HAVE to do, including play it. The more effort you put into it, the faster or better the rewards. Plain and simple.

It is a bit of a grind if you choose to go all out. I could live with a tabard being available at Revered that allowed you to gain some rep in dungeons. I don't need it, but it would be cool. I personally don't like running all of the dailies and I don't like running a bunch of dungeons. I do what I have to do to get what I want. I won't run them all on my alts in the future, but probably enough to get them honored since it's quick and just running normal quests can get you there for a lot of the reps.

The problem I see most people having is trying to play more than one character as if it's a main. You have one main, the rest are alts. No matter how much you play them. Hence the terms main and alts. I've been reading these forums since I started playing and the easiest conclusion I ever came to was that a lot of the posters think they are elite, when they are clearly less than that. There are some elite players who post, but not many. You don't have to belong to an elite guild (those are the guilds who's ranking is in orange or purple on wowprogress, the rest just want to be) to be elite, but it helps. I am not elite, I just enjoy the game and can play well enough to not be a detriment to my dungeon, raid, or guild groups. I'm also tired of all the damn whining and the I'm Holier than Thou attitudes. Give it a rest already.
    Last edited by Damien36; 2012-11-13 at 04:32 PM.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

[QUOTE=Damien36;19089273
    The problem I see most people having is trying to play more than one character as if it's a main. You have one main, the rest are alts. No matter how much you play them. Hence the terms main and alts.
    [[/QUOTE]

fair enough, i have time to spend on all my chars, the only reason i do dailies on them all is to open the gear on my alts after ambassador on main, but if there was an alternative way to get the rep id enjoy that much more.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Damien36 View Post

The problem I see most people having is trying to play more than one character as if it's a main. You have one main, the rest are alts. No matter how much you play them. Hence the terms main and alts. I've been reading these forums since I started playing and the easiest conclusion I ever came to was that a lot of the posters think they are elite, when they are clearly less than that. There are some elite players who post, but not many. You don't have to belong to an elite guild (those are the guilds who's ranking is in purple on wowprogress, the rest just want to be) to be elite, but it helps. I am not elite, I just enjoy the game and can play well enough to not be a detriment to my dungeon, raid, or guild groups. I'm also tired of all the damn whining and the I'm Holier than Thou attitudes. Give it a rest already.

as for this comment tho, I've never considered my self elite or any of the guild I've been in to be elite, i just don't like dailies. and if it wasn't for the lesser charms to give me the bonus roll on lfr/sha gear only coming form the dailies i would bother with them.
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-13 at 04:18 PM.

I believe the rep grind is bearable for one toon. The problem is I like having an alt or 2. Having a 100% boost still means I have to go do a ton more dailies on my alts. I would be perfectly fine with having to reach exalted on a character then being able to purchase rep tabards for alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

I don't see why this is always debated as either MOP style or CAT style.

It should be both. There should be an epic crapton of dailies to keep everyone busy. There should also be tabards. There should be: CHOICE