Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    Even better idea: you have to call Blizzard's phone support in order to get resurrected! No more bots, but more cash for Blizzard
    Oh, you're an expert with a professional opinion?

Please tell me how a free customer support phone-number improves their profits!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Counterable by suffisticated bots like any captcha currently.
    Too much hassle for actual players.

Terrible idea.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...is-Prevent-It?
    enjoy
    I'll give you 1 billion U.S. dollars if you can decipher "any captcha" currently through computer code alone.

Most captcha cracking is done by humans in 3rd world countries who get paid some miniscule hourly wage to 'solve' them all day every day. The rest are cracked by exploiting the fact that audio versions are required in order to accomodate people with visual impairments.

best idea: separate queues for bots so we can avoid PVEing to level once and for all.

better idea. tournament realm for free with 24/7 uptime so avoid every aspect of the game except afking in elwynn waiting for my queue to pop.

we bot because this game fucking sucks and i need 4 different shaman to play on 4 different teams and it takes like 2 weeks of botting to make a new 90 shaman with gear.

not that i bot or anything.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Oh, you're an expert with a professional opinion?

Please tell me how a free customer support phone-number improves their profits!
    by making it not free .

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

Nobody likes captchas. Adding them into WoW would effectively gut anyone wanting to grind bgs for honor because they'd be dying 24/7 anywho.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    What about if the Captcha asked you to perform something random with your character inside the BG? If you don't do it within 1 minute you get kicked.

Eg. "Go inside the hut and jump 3 times."

Same principal as a Captcha yet completely unsolvable by bots and automatons in the 3rd world. Even the solution data can be hidden from bots by hashing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    What about if the Captcha asked you to perform something random with your character inside the BG? If you don't do it within 1 minute you get kicked.

Eg. "Go inside the hut and jump 3 times."

Same principal as a Captcha yet completely unsolvable by bots and automatons in the 3rd world. Even the solution data can be hidden from bots by hashing it.
    because it's stupid and disruptive to gameplay

a high quality bot can outplay and out-think the average player. you people don't realize what all can be programmed. blizz could stop them by investigating reports and banning but they won't because bots = $15 a month each and they refuse to ban and hurt their sub numbers right now

did you notice how they couldn't wait to say 10,000,000 subs the other day? they're not banning anyone for anything right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Or this: You get a queue for a battleground. 4 random numbers appear in a box on your screen. You have to type those numbers in and press enter. Upon correctly entering the 4 random numbers, you're able to press the 'Enter Battleground' button.

This prevents the Bots from entering the battleground in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    because it's stupid and disruptive to gameplay
    Doesn't disrupt my gameplay in the slightest in fact it can only enhance it, I returned for 1 month just before MoP to checkout the new talents then cancelled. Blizzard are going to have to work harder if they want my custom back.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way, I fail so hard at those things. I would quit so quickly if that went live.

Ugh, my intention is not to flame but that's such a terriawful idea.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Doesn't disrupt my gameplay in the slightest in fact it can only enhance it, I returned for 1 month just before MoP to checkout the new talents then cancelled. Blizzard are going to have to work harder if they want my custom back.
    If it's a choice between your $15 and ideas implemented or nothing. I'll pay Blizzard that extra $15 they're losing to keep ideas as retarded as yours out of the game.
    Last edited by Preston Maxtor; 2012-11-15 at 01:07 AM.

That is too disruptive if its per death. I've seen suggestions where it appears during the beginning portion such as preparation or something during the bg.

i think its a brilliant idea except maybe only at the start of the match.

Anyone that thinks its a bad idea is obviously botting

10+ Year Old Account
    AHAHAHAAHHAHA
    OMG NO.

Never mention Captcha.
    I played Runescape during the 'energy' period.
    After a while you had to use a sleeping bag and type in a captcha. Worst thing ever.
    Glad they got rid of it.
    Glad no game company would use it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    i think its a brilliant idea except maybe only at the start of the match.

Anyone that thinks its a bad idea is obviously botting
    no, you don't understand how bots work. they dont react to visual or colours, they react to packets going into the game and out of the game. this is why it's useless as the bot will see the captcha packet and easily type it in.
    this game sucks

Easy way to kill bots

Remove Click to move

OP must be a troll... this is the worst idea EVER

Deleted
    In my opinion, the only way to stop people from botting in BGs is to not make them give any rewards at all. Obviously, only those interested in actually playing battlegrounds would join them that way. Gear should ideally be normalized in PvP so there would be no issue here.

That would also be my favourite solution as I hate standing AFK in AV for days and days each time a new expansion starts ...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBrandi View Post
    In my opinion, the only way to stop people from botting in BGs is to not make them give any rewards at all. Obviously, only those interested in actually playing battlegrounds would join them that way. Gear should ideally be normalized in PvP so there would be no issue here.

That would also be my favourite solution as I hate standing AFK in AV for days and days each time a new expansion starts ...
    Your first point is dead on, the only reason people bot is because there's a reward they need but do not consider the investment/fun/reward ratios to be worth their play time. Normalizing gear in bg's and arenas, and keeping rewards strictly in the rated areas of the game and strictly visual, would reduce the number of bots overnight. You never saw wintrading or botting in skirmishes, because there was nothing to be gained from it.

Or maybe just give rewards once a day, that would still devalue botting quite a lot.