10+ Year Old Account

Not going to make it, and that's OK

As a new player to Rift, my original plan was to hit 50 with 1 character this weekend so I would be "ready" for the expansion. It started off well enough and then I realised that in order to make the goal I was going to have to give up on the "fun" of leveling. So I've decided against it.

Honestly, and maybe this is just because Rift is all shiny-new, but I think Rift has the best leveling experience out there. It has the things I like about story-based MMO's like SWTOR, such as a zone story that is essentially telling the background of a group or particular nasty bad guy. These are things I personally need to get invested into the Lore of the world. Having a crazy boss doesn't do it for me unless I understand why I would want to fight him (and epic lewtz doesn't count). It also has aspects that I enjoyed in GW2, specifically the Zone Events and Rift Events that make me feel like I am in a dynamic world and not a static one. I've also enjoyed exploring the landscape and seeing what's over the next hill.

So sadly, I won't be making 50 before the expansion. But that's ok. Every once in awhile I need a reminder that I don't have a time limit on things like this, and rushing past a game's content really won't win me any sort of prize.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to investing into the Harbinger Soul tomorrow. I say this even though I freaked out the other day when I added a new Soul Spec and made a Stormcaller...and it hit me that none of my buttons are the same. I got scared and went back to Pryomancer... >_>;;

I had the great idea to try to IA all my alts from lvl 30 to 50 in October. It almost completely burned me out of the game to the point where I was going to give my copy of Storm Legion away instead of play it. I gave up on my plan but I did finally managed the other day to get my mage to 50 but I"m pretty sure I'm just going to play my cleric after all

It really is ok, there's absolutely no rush and I've been spending the last two days finishing zone quests just to make sure I get the maximum out of the original story before SL. and when SL hits, I'm gonna take my time to enjoy each and every zone.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    I had the great idea to try to IA all my alts from lvl 30 to 50 in October. It almost completely burned me out of the game
    Even with the addition of IA that's a recipe for disaster. IA is ment to give you another alternative path for leveling to mix things up a bit. To sit down and level multiple alts back to back via IA would cause me to go postal and then probably throw my PC away. O_o

I've played since launch I've got a 50 cleric and 45 rogue one main is enough for me. Rift has no shortage of things to do so I'll stick to one main.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I've played since launch I've got a 50 cleric and 45 rogue one main is enough for me. Rift has no shortage of things to do so I'll stick to one main.
    Can't emphasize this point enough.

There's nothing wrong with having all 4 callings at your personal disposal, but there's so much variety to each character that I'd suggest avoiding focus on alts unless you're really missing out on a style of gameplay, like having a Warrior main and wishing you could heal, or feeling an absolute need to have all the professions available to you.

I have a Cleric main, 50 Rogue, and 30-something warrior and mage. Though I'd like to get those other 2 alts to 50, doing so wouldn't change much for me. There's absolutely nothing I can't do between the Rogue and Cleric.

Rift killed my interest in having multiple alts, but not because of tedium: I lost interest in alts because there was always just too much to do with my main.

Deleted
    Wait till you get dimensions, I will have a hard time getting to 60 on one of my char's, I have two 50's and two lvl 32's after trying the beta I don't know which to level first I had fun on them all and once I had my little plot of land I only got to 53 on my main cos I was building and playing in other peoples dimensions realizing mine just didn't cut it and building some more

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Trion will consider awarding XP via Dimensions. If not I might not actually make it to 60. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back 2 weeks ago and had two 40's, never had a 50. I leveled them both via the Meridian IA and hit 50. I really havent done much with them because its all obsolete endgame so Ive just been poking around. I cant wait SL so I can start leveling in the new content and get with the program because as is I dont know what to do. I queued for a few normal dungeons and my gear is soo poor from leveling via the IA that I get killed easily on the 49-50 dungeons. Really no problem with leveling the normal way, but I personally wanted to be ready for SL with a choice of Warrior or Rogue. I think Im going to continue with my Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    I had the great idea to try to IA all my alts from lvl 30 to 50 in October. It almost completely burned me out of the game to the point where I was going to give my copy of Storm Legion away instead of play it. I gave up on my plan but I did finally managed the other day to get my mage to 50 but I"m pretty sure I'm just going to play my cleric after all
    I've been trying SO hard to level my Warrior to 50 using IAs.

Yeah, nope. Level 32. She's been there for ~2mos.

Tempest will help. She will be a 'mage' then. I like mage. I like Tempest.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog