Poll: Do you think Wild Mounts would be a good idea?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Expanded my idea on official forums here, check it out and tell what you think

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it should be a Hunter-only ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Can just imagine a mass-wave of QQ that would result from that. Also I dont agree, why do hunters get to have something like this
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I was hoping pets would work out like they would spawn in known habitats in rare windows of time and you could catch them and sell them, but it's not really like that, though it sort of can be.

Mounts would be great, I remember seeing that in the Aion video where they showing all their dream features.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Only if you could hire hunters to track mounts for you in a safari and you'd follow them on an adventure that had you tracking in fun ways.
    You'd do it again for getting paid to do it, and it would be a fun social activity.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    I think they even mentioned in the same line when they announced pet battles, that they'd do something similiar to the mounts, if pet battles will be popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Can just imagine a mass-wave of QQ that would result from that. Also I dont agree, why do hunters get to have something like this
    For same reason why Warlocks, Paladins, Death Knights and Druids have their own class mounts.

Deleted
    If this were added, the spawn points would definitely have to be completely random - would make it a lot harder but would hopefully deter TLPD-esque campers. I would really like this feature, though I probably wouldn't acquire any since I tend to get bored if I try and find rare/random spawns.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhalps one rare mount could be the Green Fire Hawk, spawns in Molten Front only. Have to feed it the hatchling eggs, fly it around the zone, etc. plenty of druids of the talon in the area that could be used as an Ability to keep you seated when he tries to throw you off... or catch you when he does.

Deleted
    I'd like it if there would be some element of hunting/tracking the mount in there as well, not just a random spawn where you have to be lucky to run into. Some element of skill in finding the mount would be cool as well. You have this mount spawn somewhere in the world and when you are in a zone the mount leaves a trail as it wanders around or something. And they should add this in the old world as well, not just current zones. Make the entire world something worth being. Although maybe this tracking might be something better fit for killing big game and a Nesingwary faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    There are already TLPD in Northrend, Aeonaxx in Deepholm, Poseidus in Vashj'ir, mysterious figurine in Uldum. They are for no-lifers or for AFK autoclickers (I admitt I was AFK autoclicking with TLPD too, still didn't get him and with CRZ I will never get him).

Also I don't see why "going out in the world" should be always accented. Instances are part of "world" too, cities are part of "world" too. it depends greatly on definition of "world", though there are not much fans of seeing "world" as something where you need to compete/queue for mobs, resource nodes, etc. All attempts to push people into such "world" will only make more botters, autoclickers or simply upset players.
    for people with no life? you sure have no imagination. theyre camped while doing OTHER THINGS with things like NPC scanner.

Hell, I got my first TLPD while looking for skoll on a whim (i wasnt happy that it wasnt skoll, but the mount softened the blow) and I got my second while questing for loremaster.

Deleted
    Definitely.

Best way to handle the spawning... to keep it as random as possible... would be to code an algorithm into the critter spawn database, so everytime a players proximity spawns the local critters, there's a .001% chance or something of a rare mount spawning instead of a critter. Have one rare mount type per critter type.

That would make it nearly impossible to camp, since at any given time there can be 100's of critters or every type on every continent in every nook and cranny. Would be like trying to get that Deathwing achievement... you would just have to happen upon it, you couldn't camp it.

Scythen/Sarin - Elune, Ruin (formerly Damien Sarin - Frostfell - Asheron's Call)
    PM Requests: Closed. Sigs / Guide / Wallpapers

Deleted
    umm timelost? w/e the deepholme mount is named and alani which they went a slightly different route with in the obtaining scene.

I don't believe it would work. There would just be groups of people camping each spawn they wouldn't really be out interacting or doing anything, just afking with npcscan or flying from point to point not really seeing each other unless the happen to fly by for a quick second. I believe it's too late to have real interaction out in the world due to flying mounts and portals. Maybe they shouldn't look at ways to get people out into the world, but instead look at the reasons people sit in cities. How about a global chat outside of cities, ways to access the bank and auction house away from town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    My cities are full packed, what are you talking about?
    The world is probably packed too then (maybe get out of the city and see this?). I see more people in Halfhill than in SW. Darnassus, Dalaran and IF have a lot of people in them, but they are mostly low levels from the 23498723 servers on CRZ...

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Furypie View Post
    umm timelost? w/e the deepholme mount is named and alani which they went a slightly different route with in the obtaining scene.
    dont forget the camel-hoarder guy. Stuff like that made adventurering/exploring extra fun.