Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elegon and you (shadow priest)

On my shadow priest, for the Elegon fight, I'm having difficulty killing the orbs past the third (10 men normal btw). The fourth one I barely kill at the very last second, and there's absolutely no way in hell I could kill the fifth... or maybe...

Since the dots + the CDs of them isn't efficient on the fourth and so on, I was wondering if Mind Spike spamming could do the trick. Any shadow priest in here can tell me how they handle those?

thanks
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-11-13 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    There's a few things you can do:

SWP + Flay them down to 20% - use SWD. This will give you a Twist of Fate proc (you should use that on elegon) which should give you overall more damage. If your gear is kind of bad, wasting a GCD on SWP is a bad idea, since you wont be able to kill the later waves.

The other way is to hardcast mindspike them down, use mindblast when instant. Downside is, if you get a crit when the orb is around 30%, you wont proc Twist of Fate.

Now the later waves can be difficult to get down in time, so if you are having trouble, what you can do, is save your orbs and procs for them. A 3 orb DP makes quick work of them, and so does 2 FDCL procs or DI procs.

Another thing; Use Cascade on this fight. Use it on every 2nd wave, except don't use it on the last one (you wont have the GCD to spare). It does a crapton more damage than Halo on this fight, and helps kill every orb faster.

With careful planning of GCDs and procs it shouldnt really be a problem.

I normally keeps dots on the boss till the spark spawns, then switch and spam mindspike till it gets around 40%, MB, then shadow word death. When your SW'n run off the platform and back on real quick to reset stacks

A few things...

ToF is super easy to abuse on this fight. 65%+ uptimes are not unheard of. If you have a DoT ticking on a Spark once it reaches 0%, it will keep ticking and refreshing the duration of ToF until it hits a pillar, which means for spark 3 and onward, you'll have ToF up for at last the first part of the new spark.

Cast Cascade off Elegon for sparks 1/3/5 (hitting all of the sparks in the process), spam Mind Spike until you're at ~40%, then SWP (so it will tick), MB, and SWD it to death, then move back to Elegon.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, you spec into mindbender and twist of fate. When you do the sparks, the first two should be fairly straightforward: Do your normal rotation, use Shadow Word: Death as soon as you can, keep DPS on the boss. Once you're on the third, you will use your mindbender cooldown, which should significantly help with killing this add in addition to normal DPS. The fourth you will use a 3 orb devouring plague, which in addition to the normal rotation should quickly bring it down.

Spark 1: SW:Pain, Mind Blast, Mindflay, SWeath
    Spark 2: SW:Pain, Mind Blast, Mindflay, SWeath (save orbs after this point)
    Spark 3: SW:Pain, Mindbender, Mind Blast, Mindflay, SWeath
    Spark 4: 3-Orb Devouring Plague, SW: P, Mind Blast, Mindflay, SWeath
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    On my shadow priest, for the Elagon fight

There isn't a boss called Elagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Of course there has to be one smart ass.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    ragnoras wants to have a word with you, and nefarion

15+ Year Old Account
    I corrected the spelling this time, but I'm going to try to ignore reports for spelling errors in the future - grammar nazi or not I'm not committed enough to correcting the internetz (or even those corners of the webz I have some domain over).

@OP

I often run with From Darkness on Elegon, phase 1 is almost entirely a two-target multi-dot phase so FD,CL works well here - and on the transitions its fairly common to be able to get 2 procs built up before the orb phase - at which point a couple spikes, an instant mind blast and deaths if you can spare them will always kill sparks.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    lwalker8 nailed it.

Keep Minbender for the 3rd one
    Use 3 orb DP for the 4th
    Spec cascade instead of halo and use it on Elegon during 3rd or 4th

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    Basically, you spec into mindbender ...
    Ha, no...

FDCL > Mindbender on multi-target fights, especially this one since you can save procs for the orbs and basically 3-shot them.

Also, 320 haste gems are bad, and you should feel bad for using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    Also your music is bad.

(FDCL all the way)

I run with Halo with this fight and we've been having some difficulties downing him. I have also just been using mind spike to kill the sparks as I thought that was the fastest way. I'm gonna respec for cascade and try some different ways of killing the sparks and see if that helps. I know I wasn't the OP but thanks for posting all the ways to do the spark phase!

Deleted
    Since the dots + the CDs of them isn't efficient on the fourth and so on, I was wondering if Mind Spike spamming could do the trick. Any shadow priest in here can tell me how they handle those?
    Spam MS and MB ASAP. Also keep DP active on boss to gain some extra procs from FDCL.

Deleted
    Since your playing 10 man your on the orb alone (More responseblity YEY)

I'd say Mind spike/mindblast ur way to victory the first 3 (SW.D to finnish them off ofc) when it starts to get difficult make sure you have a 3 shadoworb DP ready, then just SW.P Mindflay>SW.D and you should be fine.

If your still having issues ask a healer/tank to help you out to finnish the orb off.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, no...

FDCL > Mindbender on multi-target fights, especially this one since you can save procs for the orbs and basically 3-shot them.

Mindbender allows more uptime on the boss than FDCL, and I can often help a neighbor kill their spark while mindbender solos mine. If someone was struggling with a solo spark kill, I wouldn't recommend they hope to have two procs that fall off quickly to attempt to use RNG to kill them. But to each their own.

Also, thank you for auditing my gear! I appreciate it! Have you been in challenge modes? Because they scale your gear below the haste breakpoint. I'll be sure to send you a private message asking for more advice about my gems!
    Last edited by lwalker8; 2012-11-13 at 09:17 PM.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, no...

ToF and Mindbender is superior at Elegon.
    Agree on the gems thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    FDCL is better on any Multi-Target fight

Elegon's sparks go down much easier with MSp procs

There really isn't a question there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but having ToF for every spark makes things very easy too, a 3orbed+ToF DP can almost one shot sparks, i can kill the 5th one even before it travels half the distance, and ToF is awesome for Elegon's last phase too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yes but having ToF for every spark makes things very easy too, a 3orbed+ToF DP can almost one shot sparks, i can kill the 5th one even before it travels half the distance, and ToF is awesome for Elegon's last phase too.
    You don't have to choose between ToF and FDCL, as they are in different tiers.

ToF is a given, but I'm pretty sure FDCL is much better than mindbender on this fight.