Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Psycho Mantis in MGS1 without controller swapping.
    Killing all bosses in MGS3 without damaging them, by dropping their stamina to 0.
    It's been a while and I dont remember the name, but it's in the world of ruin in FF6 and it's in a castle. I remember not liking a boss like that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Elevator boss in SSC. That's a fact.
    This times 100. I still have nightmares, man. I can still feel the ground as I slam into it, MAN. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS, MAN. I'M FREAKING OUT, MAN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gong boss in lvl 70 ZA too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps an odd choice, but honestly - it's the only one that comes to mind when I think of game bosses I never beat.

Mewt from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Maybe I just wasn't prepared, or my team sucked. Either way, i got stuck there because my save locked me into the team setup I had, and I couldn't go go back to level up or anything. was so frustrating I wound up quitting and I don't think I ever bothered to go back and try again. Little asshole cheated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    KH2, Sephiroth. Leveling in Pride Lands for ages. He's a fucking bad ass. Donald and Goofy being like, "lol, you should go alone Sora", and being like "BITCH PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO IN THERE ON MY OWN".
    That'd be my hardest boss ever, too. I would have killed him hours before I actually did, but I had an ability equipped that made me have an endless combo until my magic fully regenerated, and it takes a combo finisher to kill him... =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see... old ones....

-Lavos when i was like 10 y/o was a nightmare, dropped the game and after like 5 years I went back to play it and after long hours leveling a bit more I finally managed to kill him (even tho it was quite hard).

-Dullahan from Golden sun 2.

-Ragnarok online's endless tower challenge (only reached up to the 90'th floor or so).
    -Ragnarok online's beelzebub (took us between 1 to 2 hours to find him, get a good positioning and start doing it, from that point forth it was straightforward).

New ones:
    -XCom ironman mode on any level, it's just nightmarish for me.
    -Faster than light (up to a certain point it gets reduced to mere luck, but it's still hard to reach the end nicely)
    -Deus Ex: Human Revolution <when you meet the girl who ends up being a computer program and sets up a trap, that part was quite hard for me, wasnt using the typhoon upgrade, same for the boss that comes in the stage next to that one, the girl from the computer room (gosh im bad with names LOL)>
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-11-13 at 05:42 AM.

I have 2 actually, both from FFX:
    Seymour at Mt Gagazet. I was underlevelled at that point and he was just total punishment.
    Dark Ifrit. He was the last dark aeon I hadn't killed, but I didn't want to just pay Yojimbo to kill him for me, so I worked at it for so long. I still haven't killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghonda View Post
    That'd be my hardest boss ever, too. I would have killed him hours before I actually did, but I had an ability equipped that made me have an endless combo until my magic fully regenerated, and it takes a combo finisher to kill him... =(
    Really? That's interesting, because the first time I fought him, I got destroyed. Then, after a bit of training (not a whole lot), I fought him again...and let myself get hit once to see how hard he hit. I don't know if I was just "in the zone" during that one particular fight, or what...but it was easy.

I never beat the endboss of Zelda 2... I'm sure hardcore console gamer fans will laugh at me for that but I'm just not that good at platformers!

Come to think of it I never beat the endboss of Metroid Prime... the fight is super easy until the last few minutes so you'd have to go through the whole damn thing again over and over just to die right at the end. And in RE: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast there's a long stretch without a save point with two boss battles in it and I always died right near the end... I just can't take having to re-do stuff over and over to get to the hard bits :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    The Kratos fight in GoW1 on God Mode where you have to keep your wife alive while fighting off a crap ton of Kratos clones.
    Oh that was horrible haha. BS fight!

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Elevator boss in SSC. That's a fact.
    Man nothing measures up to the new elevator boss in MSP. Was it put in as a deliberate reference to horrific elevator bosses?

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    Dr.Wiley Megaman 2 was the hardest for me. I was like 9yrs old and it took every last ounce of concentration lol
    I couldn't even make it to him, got up to one of the last stages I think... soooo long without a save point + unforgiving platformer = me pancake haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I wouldn't call wow bosses hard, just annoying having to coordinate with 24 other people and sometimes have luck involved. The hardest boss for me would be Sephiroth KH 1 and 2.

Gonna have to go with Mysterious Figure/Young Xehanort from Birth By Sleep as Terra.Can't count how many times I nearly threw my PSP across the house.

Deleted
    Dark souls...

God that game pissed me off

the hardest fight Ornstien and smough imo

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I personaly find the false king on Demons Souls harder, and also the 2 Maneaters on NG ++ that crap was brutal. I dont know why but I never quite had any troble on Orstein and Smough and the first time I killed them I did it on the suposed harder way cause I wanted the little ones armor.

Is Artorias of the abyss avaliable for dowload on PS3 already, I had forgot about that addon, time ot go play som Dark Souls if it is.
    4 kings is a joke if you go with a set with high poise, just go near them and spam your attack button

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Psycho Mantis in MGS1 without controller swapping.
    If we are playing like that...

Random wotlk 5man heroic boss without hands. You say its faceroll? Now you have no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    Dr.Wiley Megaman 2 was the hardest for me. I was like 9yrs old and it took every last ounce of concentration lol
    Get equipped with Bubble Lead! I always thought the stage 4 boss where you had to use the Crash Bombs was the hardest. Mess up once and use the weapon wrong, and it's pretty much a game over regardless of how many lives you have.

Deleted
    Not shure about Boss but I just thought I would throw out the hardest level in any video game I have ever played, this would be the Minecart level from Taz on the Mega Drive!

From my childhood: The final boss in Donkey Kong Country 2 (and the secret one after that). Nowadays I'm having a much easier time defeating those bosses, altrough it can take me up to 20 tries or maybe even one shot him.

From these days: Lich King (10 man normal ), extremely hard boss and my guild was pretty bad

10+ Year Old Account
    The Nemesis from RE3 was always a bitch when I played it. When I play it now, it's not so bad ... but at the time that fight kicked my ass many times. I think it was mostly due to it scaring the shit out of me when I played it at 3am with the lights out and the fucker would come barreling through the wall.

Silver the hedgehog on sonic 06 (worst game ever made) ITS NO USE