Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just started leveling a druid as cat, and tbh, you learn the rotation as you level up. Read the tool tips, and you can pretty much figure out what they want you to be doing with your spells.

(Null and void every expansion of course, but that's when everyone is at a target dummy for hours, lol)
    Moo.

SrS>BW+KC>Stampede>RF+LR>GT>DB>KC>Readiness>KC>GT>DB>AS>CSx2>BW+KC>ASx4+RF>KC>GT>CS>AS... dat BM dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Intresting rotations > Boring and un-intresting rotations (aka arc mage? sorry mages)

If you want to play a game that you only need to hit 5 to 6 buttons, play GW2, i dont enjoy that type of gameplay i enjoy keeping track of things that would make me a tad more powerfull and cooldowns that i need to min-max in some situations.

I like present rotations/priorities. To some degree I like competing with others and these rotations make it possible because you can master them. Boss fights nowadays are more of a skill check rather than gear check, you can kill them undergeared or overgear and kill them. In past you could hardly master your 1-button-smashing skills so bosses probably seemed harder.

It's true I don't really like arms as it is now, but the Taste of Blood stacking is one of the brighter sides of the spec for me.

Rotations are far from too complicated. And there are easy versions of every boss fight. Also, what you "like" can be found in playing a simple class and spec combo then raiding heroic modes.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rotations are only complex when you are trying to squeeze every last bit of dps out of them, it's a good thing. Higher skill caps keep players interested. You don't need to perform at 100% to clear Normal modes and heroics will be nerfed soon enough. So don't try to ruin this for other players.

An average player will have more than enough dps if they gear properly and don't completely botch the rotation.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    There are no rotations, there are only priorities and abilities that proc. If there was a single class you could play with a rotation, I would play it. I much rather look at my surroundings, watch the participants in the fight, the background and surrounding effects, what's happening beneath my feet...than watch my bars to see which button lights up. Every single class and every single spec is less fun than it was in WotLK. Every single one. No CDs line up, there is no fluidity, they are all clunky and riddled with decisions to make on the fly. Instead of enjoying the gameplay, I get to watch my hotbars like a hawk looking for a shiny button and agonizing over which one to press. I hate the state of priority based system the game has in place now. I can only hope that one day, GC will get fired and the game will take a trend to being more enjoyable.
    I hope that the game never goes back to set rotations where it's always 1, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1.

And for the record, I find my Demo lock much more fun now than he was at the end of Wrath and all through Cata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYea4vLj9w

Good ol' days. 7 minutes of nothing but Frostbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYea4vLj9w

Good ol' days. 7 minutes of nothing but Frostbolt.
    At least it was "fluid" and the player didn't have to stress about which buttons to press.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarts View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

Yeah, I really wanna go back to this. It was super challenging.
    Lich king was harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is this guy for real? Go play something like a ret pally in bc then come back and you will see how simple rotations have become. If you want a simple rotation go play an FPS.

Gota love the guy above. 11k dps with his forehead.
    Aye mate

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played with 3 high-level classes for mists.

Monk rotations are very complicated and are almost a gut call.
    Priest reminds me a lot of the old affliction. Put up the dots, maintain the dots, and fill time.
    Balance Druid is too simple. You have your fire dot, and then it's about spamming moves to move the eclipse meter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Balance Druid is too simple. You have your fire dot, and then it's about spamming moves to move the eclipse meter.
    The dumb thing about the boomkin rotation is that it relies on casting an AoE which breaks CC and may or may not pull nearby mobs you're not in combat with. Plus, like a few other specs, it has a contrived complicated opener which I rather dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Over the years, I have looked on as wow has become increasingly complicated; however, complicated does not necessarily mean good. I believe the complexity of classes and the complexity of content share a fundamental link. If you have complicated rotations for classes then you must have account for this with easy forgiving content. Conversely, if you have simplistic rotations in your classes you may have much more difficult and unforgiving content.

I believe this illustrates the difference from the wow of the past and the wow of today. Today content is very forgiving outside heroic raids and class rotations are at an all time high in complexity. In the past content was not much less forgiving, yet classes and rotations were much easier to play.

I guess which ever style you like all falls down to opinion I suppose. The purpose of this thread was just to bring this conflict of interest to light. I view myself as a simplistic person so I enjoy my content harder and my class easier.

What's your view?
    Are you serious? This has to be a troll. If it's not you are a very very simple minded person who should play neopets instead, although that might be a little too complicated for you as well. I have never heard a stupider comment about WoW before.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    The dumb thing about the boomkin rotation is that it relies on casting an AoE which breaks CC and may or may not pull nearby mobs you're not in combat with. Plus, like a few other specs, it has a contrived complicated opener which I rather dislike.
    I've got a problem with eclipse, dark orbs, holy power.
    Blizz is trying too hard to shoehorn in secondary resources. Most of the time those resources only make a class more complicated.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    What the what? Since MOP came out not only are rotations basically 4 abilities but you don't even have to figure it out now because the spellbook has the rotation listed for you under 'Core Abilities'. My shadow priest literally drops her dots and spams mind flay until I have 3 shadows orbs. Freakin mind flay!

I just...I just can't with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The Fury rotation in wrath was much more difficult to pull off. BT-WW-BT-Free, plus constant HS spam since your off hand attacks obeyed the soft hit cap while HS was queued. So your dps basically went up the faster you could push your buttons. And that wasn't even that complicated.
    You serious? The fury rotation in WotLK could be made into a 1 button macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came into this thread expecting it to be a time traveling post from a feral druid or affliction lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    And what class do you play?

For me, my ret pally is easy its just really fucking annoying that you have to cast inquisition all the time if you want to do ok dmg, would like it much better if it was more like my monks tiger palm attack.

My monks dps rotation is pretty easy.

My Moonkins is a little complicated and still trying to figure it out(only 86).