• Close it

282 71.94%
  • Piss in the sink

64 16.33%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guys: Public Bathroom Ediquite

Sorry ladies but this one is only for the guys.

Guys, when you go in to a public bathroom and have to use a stall to do your business because all of the urinals are occupied, do you close the door behind you or do you leave it open? Personally I always close the door but don't really have a good explanation as to why. I suppose leaving it open is no different then using the urinal but I guess I just think that if you have a door, use it. I don't know, maybe I'm way off here but I wanted to get a general consensus of what other guys do.

Edit: Damn it, I misspelled Door in the poll. If anyone can change it I would appreciate it.

Why is 'Piss in the Sink' an option? Do people actually do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I let the door do what it wants. If it swings closed, so be it ... if it stays open, oh well.

No one has ever visited a proper public bathroom if they have not visited the one next to Viborg's large market hall near the marketplace.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I close it. Reflex, nothing more. It would be the same as using the urinal actually, but since there is a door I might just as well close it.

Also... Piss in the sink? Wtf? And it got two votes? I hople people are voting for it because of lulz and not because they actually do it.

I don't use public bathrooms at all, I either hold it in or go for the handicap toilet.

I'm such a rebel.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

does anyone close the door when they go #2?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I piss in the sink, because... fuck hygiene!

No actually I close the door, I always piss more relaxed when people can't see me. Don't know why, maybe because of instinct
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    I just close the door. I'm generally more comfortable while using a stall anyway. Socially awkward me :P

Vaguely related:

http://www.gamefudge.com/The-Urinal-Game

I got them all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I just close the door. I'm generally more comfortable while using a stall anyway. Socially awkward me :P
    If they don't have walls between the urinals, I'm goin' to the stall.

Close the door, if there is a stall available I'll use it instead of a urinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't use public bathrooms at all, I either hold it in or go for the handicap toilet.
    The handicap toilet is reserved only for the uncomfortable situations where one has to drop a deuce in public.

In response to the topic, first off it is nigh impossible to have all the urinals filled, merely for the widely acknowledged, yet unspoken rule of the men's bathrooms; the urinal gap. Unless you're on a first name basis with the other gentlemen in there you never mosey up to urinal right next to guy, you leave space.

Now in the unlikely situation that there is no acceptable urinal available, you pick a stall, and you close and lock (if its actually in working) the door. Merely for the fact that you don't want to be mid stream and have someone come bursting in with a rather distinct need to go and upon seeing the lack of urinals come barreling into your chosen stall thereby smacking you in the back with the swinging door. Which can unfortunately lead to an unintentional case of uncontrolled fire hose in which you spray down the back wall, floor, and walls of the stall, leaving you both rather embarrassed and uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    If they don't have walls between the urinals, I'm goin' to the stall.

Amen to this.

My work has urinals with no dividers, and it never, I mean NEVER fails that someone will come in, straddle up to the urinal next to me and say something like "How you doing?" and look at me.

The men's room is a no talking zone, no eye contact zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    i close the door, i hate urinals as well...going to the toilet near people just isn't something i enjoy :S

Deleted
    I avoid public toilets as much as possible, it's usually so disgusting.

I close it, i think it creates an awkward atmosphere if it's open while someone takes a dump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Pissing in the sink and crapping in the urinals. Seen both myself. There are some really disgusting people out there.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I put it there mostly for laughs and to see if anyone would vote for it but I have honestly seen people do this. I recall it most often going to Steelers games back at old Three Rivers Stadium. It was not uncommon for all of the toilets to be used up and to see guys pissing in the sink. It's a thing if you're drunk I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always use stalls. I do not trust my pants to stay up most of the time and I don't like "whipping it out" between the waiting teeth of my zipper. Plus I like the privacy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The men's room is a no talking zone, no eye contact zone.
    This is 100% correct. I hate when people try to talk to me in the bathroom. I once walked in to the bathroom at work to take a leak and stood at the urinal next to an occupied stall where someone was dropping a deuce. After a few seconds I hear "So, are you going out to get a beer after work today?" I quickly and quietly left without saying anything. Still creeps me out.