Focus Fire/Frenzy + Sporebat bug?

I've tried searching a little but I can't find any info on this. I had to use my sporebat in the raid last night as we were missing spell haste, and noticed that I could not use Focus Fire at all - Frenzy did not appear to be stacking and everytime I tried to mash Focus Fire I kept getting the "Ability is not ready yet" error. After the raid I took it out into the wild to test it on random mobs, and it still did not work. I then took out a different pet, and it worked perfectly with Frenzy stacking. Summoned sporebat again, and it wouldn't work. I even tried switching it's spec around a few times to see if it would 'reset' something, but to no avail.

Has anyone else noticed this, with sporebat or even any other pet? My 10 man raid pretty consistently lacks spell haste, so this sucks! My dps was quite a chunk lower than it had been the previous night when I was using a different pet with focus fire working as normal.

Thanks for any input

Erm - I don't have a sporebat so I can't test this right now (plus i'm still at work).

If it's still occurring you could always make a post in the bug forums on wow's official site.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

I am able to use focus fire with a sporebat up. Are you able to recreate the bug?

Deleted
    A BM hunter in the guild has the same issue?

There isnt much i can find over on the internet about this bug.
    So its hard to verify if its a bug or not.

But her dps with sporebat is ~18k lower with sporebat than it is with the spirit cat pet.
    Complained about the pet not getting frenzy stacks making it unable or very very very rarely able to use focus fire.

5% spell haste is rare and the classes that can give it is not always present in our 10mans, to optimise the other classes and healers 5% haste is good but overal not worth it if it lowers raid dps (18k dps less dps on the hunter hurts overal dps).

Frenzy
    Instant
    Requires level 1
    The Hunter's pet gains attack speed after performing a Basic Attack, lasting for 30 sec and stacking up to 5 times.

Make sure the pets Basic Attack is on AutoCast.

No Basic Attack would explain the ~18k lower DPS..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    Make sure the pets Basic Attack is on AutoCast.

No Basic Attack would explain the ~18k lower DPS..
    Could be the case, ill let her check ..
    Ill come back if it isnt the fix

I often bring spell haste to my guild's raid and haven't noticed any issues. I have seen common issues with add-on UIs that rearrange or toggle off abilities on the pet bar when swapping pets / specs. It is easy enough to go into a fight with auto attack off and not catch it. Example: I'm OCD about growl being off ('cause I have been 'that huntard' before) so I make sure any pet I stable has growl off. Using Bartender 4, I have swapped specs between trash and a boss and found the pet I have put away as BM with growl off, then re-summoned later as BM had growl on and auto attack off.

I've used one over several weeks now and I've not had any issues at all.

I used one on my guid's runs this week (lacking spell haste), and I was able to use Focus Fire fine.

though I imagine the bug is happening due to Blizz's messing around with the pet (giving it the spell haste). Maybe it has to do with the tamed pet? Maybe go tame a new one?
    (not sure if this would change anything, but it doesn't hurt to try. there isn't any special sporebat skins)