Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I will backup Spawn of Onyxia, it's a super solid pet with an amazing heal+bonus health ability
    I takes time to get a rare one (6 weeks and about 20 fights) but got one. amazing stats
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llected&page=2

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal Bear Cub has been my ringer. The little guy hits like a truck and has a pretty decent heal. Plus he's good against critters which there tends to be a lot of out in wild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reibo View Post
    Running with a slime, a parrot, and a crab!
    same team here and it work well

Gotta say I'm running a Murkablo, Golden Cloudserpent Hatchling and planning to level my baneling. (Though I've got a few pets I can swap the Baneling out for of the water or flying type if I need to.)

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally roflstomp people using frosty, deathwing, and ragnaros. 250 wins - 0 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing I can suggest is to never underestimate damage mitigation. Pets that can shield/dodge/heal are typically way, way better than the others. Abilities that attack and mitigate are really good; cocoon strike that a lot of moths/crickets have, for instance, or the fly up and be immune abilities some flyers have. If you can be immune to an attack for one round while dealing damage, you've picked up some pressure against the opponent.

The really brokenly powerful ability, I've found, is Reflection. I've got my rare Flayer Hatchling to 25, and I'm working my shimmering wyrmling up there too. Reflection is really strong on base principles; it always fires first (yes, even ahead of "always goes first" moves), will prevent any effects targeting your pet whether damage or debuffs, and will cast the same thing on the enemy. Enemies typically aren't resistant to their OWN type, so you generally get decent damage. You can also "reflect" a heal on yourself, or a ground-based effect.

The really crazy bit is if you reflect one of the other damage-avoidance moves. Reflecting a Cocoon Strike means you've gotten two free turns. Reflecting the two-turn fly-up-and-then-attack move is broken. You fly up. You don't fly down. You can still attack freely. They cannot hit you. This lasts the whole fight. I've gotten lucky on some trainer battles and had my Flayer Hatchling take out three level 25 rares and finish the fight at full health, this way.

I've also gotten really good results out of my Shale Hatchling. Get the leeching bite, the web, and the damage reduction. Pop the damage reduction, web them, bite them. On most enemies, the double-heal-on-webbed-targets, when combined with the damage reduction, is enough to keep you topped off. It's not a fast strategy, but the sucker outlasts almost anything. Even if the bite or web are less effective, it doesn't affect the amount healed; the only issue I've had is with enemies using attacks that are strong against Elementals.

I've got a dozen or so 25s now, but I haven't settled on a "team". I swap out as needed by the fights. Those guys are my standard ringers, though, when I need to guarantee a win against high-powered pets while leveling a new guy.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Pinchy is a boss. His heal and 2 turn incoming headshot are ridiculous. He's the anchor for every team I bring.

Deleted
    @Endus: you never fought any turrets did you? they hit you allways even when burrowed or flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    @Endus: you never fought any turrets did you? they hit you allways even when burrowed or flying
    The turrets really don't hit very hard and aren't very common. And Flayer Hatchlings are humanoids, meaning they have a small self-heal in any round they deal damage.

I played 25s competitively and the most strongest team comp is Corefire Imp, Giant Bone Spider and Jade Oozeling. Now that OPFluxfire has been nerfed, I want to sub Oozeling for Darkmoon Hatchling.

Enjoy!

Deleted
    I'm playing Harbringer of Doom, Anubisath Idol and Nether Ray Fry or Dark Whelpling