Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do PvP ONLY with my friends. The added rage/jokes/fun you have in PvP with friends is unquestionable and one of the best experiences I have with games. If my friends play, I play. If they don't, I don't.

Case closed.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a silly question, since the reason people engage in any game/hobby is for enjoyment.

Is it worth playing WoW entirely for PvE?
    Is it worth playing WoW entirely for gold making (AH pvp)?
    Is it worth playing WoW entirely for Pet Battles?
    Is it worth playing WoW entirely for Casual play?
    Is it worth playing WoW entirely for RP?
    Is it worth playing WoW entirely for running around naked in Org?

If this is the only thing you do and it brings you enjoyment, then the answer in each case is yes.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Difficult question. I'd say no though.

Firstly, PvP leveling isn't that viable. The exp you get from winning BGs is extremely poor.
    You don't earn any gold while pvping, which means buying stuff like enchants/gems/glyphs is completely out the window. Sure you could go spend the honor on the Cata trade goods and sell it, but again this will be slow/painful.
    You won't be able to level professions if you just purely PvP and ignore PvE. The proffession perks are worth it and shouldn't be skipped.
    Gearing is horrible unless you are max level. Low lvl brackets of BGs typically favour heriloom players, which are easier to obtain if you do PvE.

Rated BGs can be fun, but it's often difficult to find groups. Then even if you do, they will want specific classes. Arena can be fun, but it's a mixed bag. I personally only do it once a week for my conquest, it isn't something that i find myself wanting to do over and over.

And honestly, current MoP PvP just isn't that fun because of the horrible balance problems with classes. This might change with 5.1 but then that will probably introduce more balance issues. Blizzards patch process for PvP is extremely slow.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

No. It's fun, but not that fun. I prefer other pvp style games over WoW's pvp anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    League of Legends for PvP.
    I cant agree more. So far LOL is my best pvp game.

No. WoW PvP is the absolute worst in any MMO I've played. PvP should have NOTHING to do with gear. I know at higher levels the gear doesn't matter as much because everyone has it, but just the fact there is gear grind at all in PvP is completely ridiculous. I can't take it seriously at all. WoW skills/spells should also have completely separate effects for PvP/PvE and should be balanced separately.

Yes. That's all i do anyways. However, I need my friends to be with me, it's so much more fun that way and the 3-4 of us can usually sway the outcomes of most BG's. Arenas are fun too. I'd rather test my skill against other players than scripted boss fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozmo32 View Post
    I cant agree more. So far LOL is my best pvp game.
    GW2 says hi

No.

Do you personally think it's worth making thread after thread where the topic is tailored to cause flamewars out of peoples personal opinions?

You've already said you no longer play wow. You said you're sick of being bullied because you got glad. So why don't you just move on to another game already? Clearly WoW is only making you unhappy.

Is it weird that I know a thread was made by Salandrin just by the title? I don't think. But that's because they're all the same style.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. PvP is what I enjoy most about this game and its also what frustrates me most.

It's an after thought and that will never change. If you're serious about PvP pick a game that puts it first.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    I do it. You can't really choose to like something else on a whim if WoW PvP is what you're into. I've passed up much better balanced PvP games to still play WoW, the other games just don't have the same classes or maps, something's always missing for me.

Yes, in fact it's the only reason I DO play the game and so do many of my friends and so do many others I know.

I can understand why many of you would not just enjoy playing WoW for PvP and that's fine, but to those of you who say "it shouldn't be in the game" or "it would be 100% better without it" you guys are just beyond me. Who are you to tell anyone or the developers what should and shouldn't be in the game. If people enjoy PvP (which many do) and people play the game for only PvP (which again, many do) who are you to say they shouldn't or it shouldn't be apart of the game. I understand PvP plays to a much smaller portion of the player base than PvE does but that still doesn't mean it shouldn't be expanded and worked on. PvP is an incredibly competitive and fun aspect to the game and to many requires a lot more skill than PvE, but that's obviously a whole different debate.

Also for those of you saying it's a "minigame" well thats fine if you see it that way. But its a "minigame" that in the past has had thousand dollar tournaments and memorable moments. In fact there is a small level tournament going on right now for $1000 and these pop-up often. So sure it may be a mini game to you but people make money off it from tournaments and streaming PvP on Twitch, ie. Reckful and Soda who pull big money each month. That's one hell of a minigame I'd like to play.
    Last edited by Shodai; 2012-11-12 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodai View Post
    Yes, in fact it's the only reason I DO play the game and so do many of my friends and so do many others I know.

I can understand why many of you would not just enjoy playing WoW for PvP and that's fine, but to those of you who say "it shouldn't be in the game" or "it would be 100% better without it" you guys are just beyond me. Who are you to tell anyone or the developers what should and shouldn't be in the game. If people enjoy PvP (which many do) and people play the game for only PvP (which again, many do) who are you to say they shouldn't or it shouldn't be apart of the game. I understand PvP plays to a much smaller portion of the player base than PvE does but that still doesn't mean it shouldn't be expanded and worked on. PvP is an incredibly competitive and fun aspect to the game and to many requires a lot more skill than PvE, but that's obviously a whole different debate.

Also for those of you saying it's a "minigame" well thats fine if you see it that way. But its a "minigame" that in the past has had thousand dollar tournaments and memorable moments. In fact there is a small level tournament going on right now for $1000 and these pop-up often. So sure it may be a mini game to you but people make money off it from tournaments and streaming PvP on Twitch, ie. Reckful and Soda who pull big money each month. That's one hell of a minigame I'd like to play.
    I was onboard when you mentioned skill...Different Skill sets maybe but I have seen many HC PvP'rs fail at the most basic of raid mechanics.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I'm not saying one requires more or less skill. I'm just saying some people see the game in two different lights and sorry if you don't respect that. Again not you personally just people in general. I PvP but respect those who don't want to and love to only PvE.

Can't make enough friends to do a raid? And PvPer's seem elitist, interesting...

As someone who despises PvPing entirely, and mostly sticks to raids, I do enjoy the occasional BG win or lose. I've found that I play this game to raid, and that I like to raid with friends. So in essence, I like to play WoW to raid with friends. When they aren't on, I still like a bit of a challenge and since challenge modes, while difficult, aren't my cup of tea when I can't compensate for bad DPS or lack of skill.

In BGs I can at least fix mistakes with my healing and when I mess up people die. It's nice.

OT, No, it would NOT be worth playing WoW for PvP entirely but that's just my opinion, playing the game with friends is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    No, in fact the game would 100% more enjoyable without PvP.
    *cough* Retard *cough*
    What the hell does it matter to a pve'er if there is some PvP in the game... PvP is there for players that enjoy owning it up against other players. If you like PvE and only PvE why would it be more enjoyable without PvP since you don't play it anyway. Sorry for the hate but this is the most retarded thing i have seen on mmo-champion in a while.

On topic: Yes i do think it is worth playing entirely for PvP. Sure there are plenty of other games that are pure PvP but if you enjoy it why not? I play pure PvP on my mage simply because i never bother gearing up a DPS class. I do play PvE on my druid but even if i wouldn't id still love the PvP aspect of the game on my mage. If you are just doing random BG's then you're just wasting your money i have to agree on that. But if you do Rated BG's, 2s, 3s, 5s and go for high rating then yes, the game is very enjoyable and worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Definitly not, tbh I feel that people who only do PvP are the ones who are so elitist they can't make enough friends to do a raid. This game never sold itself on PvP, its main focus is on PvE and it sells itself on the PvE side, which is one of the reasons I hate how people want Legendaries to be completely powerless to compensate for players who don't get them, if you got something awesome, you should be able to use it, its a PvE game.
    What an arrogant, stupid thing to say. I don't raid because I have no interest in raiding. I know it's a tough concept, but some people simply don't enjoy PvE. To me it's about as boring as gaming can get. But, to respond directly to the thread, no, it's really not worth it to pay for this game if all you do is PvP. I've played for many years, and that's the type of player I am, but an MMO is pretty much the worst PvP experience in gaming. FPS is far superior for that, and many other genres are as well. The only reason I stuck around WoW as long as I did is cause my brothers and friends wouldn't play anything else. But it's an unbalanced, unskillful joke, always has been, always will be, and seems to get worse with each expansion. So, as someone who's played WoW for years purely to PvP, I can say it's not worth it. Like it or not, the game's built for boring old PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe, been only pvping in wow for 3-4 years. There are dull moments, but mostly it can`t get better than interacting with players rather than mobs for me.

What an arrogant, stupid thing to say. I don't raid because I have no interest in raiding. I know it's a tough concept, but some people simply don't enjoy PvE. To me it's about as boring as gaming can get. But, to respond directly to the thread, no, it's really not worth it to pay for this game if all you do is PvP. I've played for many years, and that's the type of player I am, but an MMO is pretty much the worst PvP experience in gaming. FPS is far superior for that, and many other genres are as well. The only reason I stuck around WoW as long as I did is cause my brothers and friends wouldn't play anything else. But it's an unbalanced joke, always has been, always will be, and seems to get worse with each expansion. So, as someone who's played WoW for years purely to PvP, I can say it's a complete waste of money. Like it or not, the game's built for boring old PvE.
    While it's true the game is basically balanced and designed around PvE, if you are having fun, playing with friends and enjoying PvP it's worth paying for. I've played this game since Vanilla, All I have done since TBC is PvP. I'm still playing to this day with friends, old and new, and just PvPing. I'm still having fun and of course nothing is perfect but that doesn't mean you can play competitive PvP (arenas) and enjoy yourself. Again who is anyone to tell anyone what they should be paying or playing to enjoy themselves. That's right nobody. Thousands of players enjoy ONLY PvP and play at high levels and make money and have fun with friends, sorry guys it's fact PvP is a part of WoW and probably will continue to be to the very end, as long as people play and enjoy it.