Page 1 of 3
LastLast

CourtTrial - US officer killed 9 children in Kandahar

Simple question do you think the guy will be convicted by the US military court?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kandahar_massacre
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

I've read a longish report about that case. The lawyer is trying to make it a case against the war. ("We can't sue him. We created him.") On the other hand, there's a cultural dissonance: We of course rely on eye-witness reports and such, while overthere they believe in authority so only the men and elders will actually testify even though they haven't even been there. Meanwhile women are not allowed to take part in such proceedings. One of the killed families' fathers is even going on a pilgrimage on the court date, thinking they would wait for him. All things combined, this will probably get that guy off the hook with a dishonorable discharge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will be hard not too, there is no outcome other than the death penalty if found guilty.
    New testimonies came to day now with the wife adding at least previously unreported (in media) information.
    I think it will take some time but that he will be found guilty and I dont even see how they can avoid the death penelty without looking incredible wrist-slap'ish.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be shocked if he weren't convicted. Yes, I think there will be a conviction.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Hopefully there will be one. Its hard to imagine anything else - maybe a mental institution if he snapped or something.

i think it's a done deal. he is a major black eye for the military, he will go down and go down hard imo. the only think keeping him from a needle is the potential case for dim cap

10+ Year Old Account
    While many people like to say that people should be "responsible." Most seem to have forgotten about "accountable." Sane or insane, if he did it then he should be held accountable for his actions and found guilty. If he is insane then stick him in the nuthouse for his sentence. If he is sane then stick him in front of a firing squad. I think it is possible that he will be convicted but I couldn't say for sure that he will be.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

He will be convicted, and he will be executed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    As a serving member of the military, I hope he gets the maximum jail sentence. What he did betrayed the trust of everyone around him, put other soldiers lives at risk and destroyed the lives of innocent civilians. Thanks a lot for creating more insurgents to deal with.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike how the recent media has been riding high on sympathy for him using his wife.

Just as a small note...

The title of your topic is incorrect OP.

The accused is not a officer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Just as a small note...

The title of your topic is incorrect OP.

The accused is not a officer.
    It's also a Court Martial, is it not?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yes it is, but its pretty much the same thing. Although a civvie court would be easier on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yes

Also as another side note, even if hes sentenced to death, he will probally just live it out while in death row. The military hasn't put to death any of its deathrow members in something like 30 years.

So am I the only one wondering why a large amount of villagers are claiming that more than one soldier was involved? If they're lying, why are they lying? If not, is he just being scapegoated?

10+ Year Old Account
    He should be thoroughly examined by psyhologist to see what his mental/cognitive state is or was at that time. Either way he should be convicted and deserve life long in jail (if he's sane) or put in a mental hospitol (if he's insane). I'm against death penalty, does not belong in modern society and it wont make anybody a better person thats for sure.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So am I the only one wondering why a large amount of villagers are claiming that more than one soldier was involved? If they're lying, why are they lying? If not, is he just being scapegoated?
    well, assuming that the villagers are being completely honest, and not on a "great satan" kick, it almost must have seemed like there were many soldiers instead of one. if one person invaded my home with a full auto i would probably think red dawn was happening.

it is also possible (i guess) for there to be more than one party involved, but with the death penalty on the table this guy would have to be a true believer to not give them up for a deal. personally, i think he was alone (possible bias here tbh), but im pretty certain that the trials and investigations will end with him alone whether he had help or not. and these stories might persist forever, just like we still hear new shit about vietnam every once in a while

I skimmed over the title of this post and read that as "Kalimdor"

10+ Year Old Account
    And Americans wonder why people around the world hate them.... I hope he gets the max sentence, don't need another wacky soldier on the lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    And Americans wonder why people around the world hate them.... I hope he gets the max sentence, don't need another wacky soldier on the lose.
    because every american is this guy. and no other country ever has any madmen or murderers.

you do know that most americans are not pleased by this man's actions at all right? and are actually upset by them?