Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Emergency rooms will give you life-saving care regardless of your medical insurance status.
    I work for a charity hospital, we give out an obscene amount of free care

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khat View Post
    Health care in the US is a shameful problem without insurance this is a whole other subject.
    The US actually has the greatest hospitals in the world, the only problem is insurance.
    Don't call a doctor if your life is in danger. When you did call them, they assumed that your life wasn't in danger and scheduled you like they would any outpatient.
    Last edited by Skizo; 2012-11-12 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I guess the Guardian and the Telegraph are full of crap too. Feel free to substitute Canada for the UK if it offends your delicate sensibilities. Although I don't think Canadians say "jolly good". So instead they'd say "it'll be aboot a month. Soorry!"
    So basically you weren't speaking from an informed position, you essentially wanted to make a joke and the UK was an easy target?

Apologies for taking you seriously.

... and the joke was crap.

I'm fairly sure the actions of the person you were dealing with were illegal. Our system can fuck people terribly, but medical professionals are generally obligated to deal with emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm fairly sure the actions of the person you were dealing with were illegal. Our system can fuck people terribly, but medical professionals are generally obligated to deal with emergencies.
    If you drove to a doctors office while having a heart attack, they would drive you to an ER. A doctors office does not have the tools to handle a heart attack as it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    If you drove to a doctors office while having a heart attack, they would drive you to an ER. A doctors office does not have the tools to handle a heart attack as it happens.
    As near as I can tell, that is dealing with the situation though. I'm not saying medical professionals are required to handle whatever comes up on their own, I'm saying that they can't turn away people that are having emergencies.