Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

<DREAM Paragon> = 10 man standard. <Blood Legion> or <Method> 25 man standard?

Who do we pick? It seems so close, or are they basically equivalent (US/EU)

<DREAM Paragon> has a little bit of an edge over 10man guilds because they cleared normal of at least Heart of Fear on 25 and more than likely funneled gear to the main 10. Not cheating but not on an even footing with the other 10man competitors.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Looking at rankings, Method > BL

While it's probably not something that many (any?) other 10 man guilds are doing, funnelling gear is certainly an option open to them. In much the same way that we have seen 25 man guilds running through instances with a few mains and lots of alts in normal modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but BL gets one world first this tier and suddenly they're in contention for being the best? What about the past however many tiers without a WF.

I pick Method purely based on prior results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Sorry, but BL gets one world first this tier and suddenly they're in contention for being the best? What about the past however many tiers without a WF.

I pick Method purely based on prior results.
    Wrong.

Blood Legion has 3 world first kills in this tier.

Method has only 2 first kills.

Look at your messiah wowprogress again and see the truth for yourself.

I think Method has a more successful history than BL does.
    Additionally, I highly doubt that BL would have gotten any first kill if they were an European guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    Additionally, I highly doubt that BL would have gotten any first kill if they were an European guild.
    Yes Method had been consistently top 3 for a long time but never 1st until now. BL has been consistently top 10 and never first until now. They both have a fair amount of world first kills leading up to the final bosses.

Also ALL GUILDS had the same amount of time on a killable zor'lok while BL was not even 1/6 while method and paragon were already 3/6. Thus BL cleared the instance faster than everyone by a margin since they weren't even wasting time raiding before the hotfix on that day. Even if you want bring in the time zone differences and releases of the instance ignoring the fact that BL got to spend an extra day bashing their head against the wall on a pre-hotfix zorlok. Method took 18 hours to get a kill after BL which is the difference in releases as well.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-11-12 at 07:44 PM.

Can anyone remind me why being #1 is so important to people not in the actual guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Wrong.

current tier =//= past tier.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    It doesn't matter how many times a man wins the heavyweight championship, one defeat and he's no longer the best.

He might be remembered as the greatest boxer in history, but will not be known as the one who is currently the best.

This means that you/Voolawl and Oldschoolwow are both right, but in different ways... if Method has had more victories in the past, but lose this time around, that could simply mean that they are no longer on top, but that Blood Legion has yet to equal their achievements.

Deleted
    Paragon > method > BL

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Wrong.

And? Only boss kill that matters is the end-raid boss, and the guild that's 2+3 is a better performer than the guild that's 5+1. I'll give props to BL though for improving as they did from MV to HoF progression, but I'm still more impressed by Method going from world 50th to world 2nd from downing heroic stone guard to heroic Will.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    MV and HoF are the same tier. Oldschool is correct in saying that BL has 3 world first kills versus Method's 2, but again the only kills that matter are the end-raid bosses.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-11-12 at 07:49 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both guilds are good. I don't see why people have to argue about who is the better one. BL has proven they are a good guild as has Method it really should not matter who is World First. I mean really when it comes down to it both guilds have cleared content most people will most likely never see (Heroic wise anyways) and it could come down to execution and raid strat and which was better/better executed by the guild at the time. No US/EU bs both guilds are good period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    <DREAM Paragon> has a little bit of an edge over 10man guilds because they cleared normal of at least Heart of Fear on 25 and more than likely funneled gear to the main 10. Not cheating but not on an even footing with the other 10man competitors.
    lol, all talk with no proof. Where is the proof behind the said funneling of gear?

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Can anyone remind me why being #1 is so important to people not in the actual guild?
    Because they completed the game before you did?

15+ Year Old Account
    Having success through others I´d imagine. Same reason people go crazy over a sports team.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol, all talk with no proof. Where is the proof behind the said funneling of gear?

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:51 PM ----------

Because they completed the game before you did?
    WOW THAT MUST MAKE THEM HEROES AND I SHOULD WORSHIP THEM

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Having success through others I´d imagine. Same reason people go crazy over a sports team.
    Right, but at least you feel an affiliation for your team (ie they're from your town or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    Zues i don't know, some people just can't accept the fact Blood Legion beat both Paragon & Method in clearing a HM raid.
    An got US a World First HM Raid clear.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    Time between first boss going down and last boss going down was the shortest for BL. They were #1 in heart of fear however you look at it.

By the way, I actually agree that Method is pretty consistently a bit better than Blood Legion. But there's no way to discredit them with their world first Empress kill - they were absolutely first this time.

Usual 10 man guilds go in HoF hc (when it released) with ~485 ilvl. Most 25 mans go in with ~489 ilvl, Method/BL and such got in with 492 ilvl. Paragon went in as 10 man with 495,X ilvl. We all know how much gear does for raiding, more healing, longer healing, tanks take less dmg and deal more dmg, damage dealers deal more damage and everyone has more HP overall.

So the difference between a normal 10 man that does heroics and paragon (they funneled gear for 10 people from 25 raids) are 10 ilvl, thats almost a whole content. Its the difference of going in with heroic dungeons gear and all 476 (valor/professions/lucky drops) and such. It does a whole lot, 10 ilvl in the whole raid is just a very, very strong push, and that's why paragon is so good/far right now. Most/Almost none of the 10 man guilds do this gear funneling because they are a 10 man guild and not a 10 man guild with the ressources of a 25 man, that just breaks all competition. You can't compete with people that got such a huge advance in gear.