Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Elegon 10N help - Phase 3?

Hey guys I had a question to run by you, my team is 4/6 MSV and 1/6 HoF, and we decided to finish MSV up before moving on. Anyways, we're having trouble with and transitioning into Phase 3 Elegon, even with clean stacks moving in, adds on the tank, it seems like a tremendous amount of damage coming out the second Elegon transitions over.

Here's our raid comp, two healing, so you can see what kind of cooldowns we have at our disposal.

We have our Resto Druid use Symbiosis on our Shadow Priest, so he gets a Tranq. We make the Priest Tranq as we move in but it really seems like it just falls apart there. 33% has been our best attempt but that was with just barely spending time in Phase 3.
    Any suggestions on how to alleviate some of this damage or just get right into it?

Thanks!
    #TeamHunter

Deleted
    its a hard fight. u should have the warrior picking up the adds as u run in cause druids are just bad compared to a warrior. as u are inside the ring u stun them and aoe them down. stack up and heal the shit out of everyone. u need LOADS of healing in that phase. at least 40-50k hps. its really important that u chain the cooldown u got. cause at 10%ish he will do massive dmg if u dont clear the stacks. we just stack up and nuke him we dont clear any stacks so we take massive mount of dmg that we have to out heal.

Deleted
    Make a rotation of Raid cd's. Nearly all tanks and healers got them.

Tell you're pala to pop Aura mastery (w/e its called in MoP, probs Devotion Aura) , just pop all defensive cd's and u should be fine.

If you had logs it would be easier to play judge and jury thou.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Move in fast, stack up in a tight group, bloodlust/heroism, aoe heal thru. Raid CDs, Self CDs, etc. Kill adds with aoe.
    There shouldn't be a lot of incoming damage with little to none stacks of debuff. Only tanks will get a lot, especially the one tanking adds.
    Maybe the tank that hold boss didn't rotate it so it breaths into raid?
    Or the tank that holds adds - doesn't have enough aggro and DPS pull adds of him?

Deleted
    Hey buddy. Here are few advises from me (were 6/6 and 1/6 so far so +- same guilds)
    - your healers need to learn the fight good enough to be able to get to P2 with as much mana as possible.
    - finish adds and pop hero
    - make sure everybody is reseting debuff at 6 stacks
    - use every healing CD you can - bears tranq with popped HOTW 1st. 2nd spriests Vampiric Embrace (make sure hero and his off cds are on) 3rd and 4th CDs of healers, spriests Tranq whenever needed small burst. To manage healing CD's of dpsers is a key to this fight.

I am sure this will help, your healers are good enough for the fight if they manage to get to P3 with 50-80% of mana. If you wont succeed you need more dps.

What is killing people? Are they getting melee'd by the adds? Falling in the hole? Dying early due to not resetting stacks? With everybody alive I'd expect Elegon to get a lot lower than 33% before raid damage got too high to heal through.

First of all, one of the best ways to help the transition is to make sure you get the last set of pylons down super quick. This means finding out who's pylon's are going down last and getting those who get their's down first to help out. Assuming you have it set up that each DPS has their own spark and own pylon, it is best to place high dpsers next to low so they can just switch over and help out. If you get the pylons down quick, you have very few adds; fail at this step and the ads will surely wipe you.

Once all the pylons are dead, have a designated meeting spot where the off-tank can pick up the adds but spread out a bit so raiders don't get hit by the falling meteor sparks. Try to aoe down as many as possible before the outer ring starts damaging people because once the ads get taken into the inner ring, they do more damage. Soon as the outer ring turns on, everybody needs to run to the center where the tank is with the tank making sure Elegon doesn't breath on the raid. AOE down and remaining ads and then blow Heroism/Bloodlust and nuke the boss.

Ideally you need to have gotten 4 waves of sparks down each phase for a total of 8 waves or more. If you can't do this, either your raid isn't doing enough DPS or you need to work out some kinks. Out raids, who has mediocre dps, has been able to get 8 waves killed and so during phase 3 we don't need to run out to reset stacks at all. Just stack up, call out who's turn it is to blow their big AOE heals/defensive CD's such as tranq, and burn the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, here are our logs for that night, in case you want to leaf through them.

The Frost Mage was a replacement DPS and was nowhere near the DPS we wanted for that fight, also, the Shadow Priest was our healer that went OS DPS.
    I'm the Warlock

Ok back to the fight/mechanics - my questions so far:
    - Is it best to kill some adds before the floor comes up? We never were before. I assume this would be a load off the tanks/heals back if we did.
    - We have half the raid start on the left back pylon and half the raid start on the right back pylon and move to the beginning control panel. Is this a bad idea? Are we spending too long on pylons? It didn't seem like it. Or is it best to divide DPS?
    - We'll make sure to chain cooldowns throughout the entire last phase, with our raid comp it would almost seem impossible not to have a cooldown up for at least part of it. Do you guys Bloodlust/Heroism immediately?
    #TeamHunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Ok back to the fight/mechanics - my questions so far:
    - Is it best to kill some adds before the floor comes up? We never were before. I assume this would be a load off the tanks/heals back if we did.
    - We have half the raid start on the left back pylon and half the raid start on the right back pylon and move to the beginning control panel. Is this a bad idea? Are we spending too long on pylons? It didn't seem like it. Or is it best to divide DPS?
    - We'll make sure to chain cooldowns throughout the entire last phase, with our raid comp it would almost seem impossible not to have a cooldown up for at least part of it. Do you guys Bloodlust/Heroism immediately?
    - Yes, the tank should be picking up the adds and gathering them up so they can be AoE'd. When the floor comes back up he should be pulling them to the center so the AOE's can always hit Elegon. Once the floor is up you have to be quick to blow them up as the Protector will spawn and you don't want the tank getting hit by adds while he is tanking the boss.
    - You should have your DPS spread out evenly for the pillars, ideally you want all 6 pillars to go down almost at the same time. Our first kill was last night and we got the cheevo for killing within 10 seconds of each other so it obviously makes a difference. Doing this wrong will result in a crapton more adds.
    - We did Hero after the adds were down and people could be focused on blowing up Elegon. This phase shouldn't last very long if your getting 8-10 stacks on Elegon. Just set up a healer CD rotation and have tanks use theirs and make sure they are running out to reset stacks. Most DPS classes have a personal CD they should be using for Total Annihilation and the last phase as well.

Also noticed most of the raid is very bad about using Healthstones, eat your cookies!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my group our Mage time-warps as soon as we get set near the boss in phase3. We don't run out to reset stacks, this week I think the boss was at 28% when we entered the final phase (we do 5 sparks), so it's not necessary if you can get the rest of the mechanics right. Our tanks do their cooldown thing, everyone does their personal cooldowns, healers blow tranq and whatnot and it's over pretty quickly.

For the pylons, we each have our assignment, but I DoT at least two of them (before I lose the damage buff from the center - I stand right on the edge). I do throw dots on the sparks, maybe fel flame it if it's on a healer, but mostly we're just dragging them together, not dpsing them.

I'm doing 500k DPS at the end, it ends quickly. My gear's only a little better than yours, but if you look at the effective dps times, my raid's dps are more efficient. It comes with experience on the fight, not hating, just know you can improve a lot.

Deleted
    Also, try and get as many stacks as possible. You are supposed to have 6 DPSers, and you should get the tanks to help the guys with the lowest burst/damage. We are killing him with 12-13 stacks, and we never had any problems. Also, when you know you will NOT kill the next batch of orbs, switch to the boss, the added 100% damage will help for sure to enter the phase with less HP.

not sure if you realise, but if you look at the actual healing done by spriests tranq, it's very very very weak. like, so weak it's barely worth casting. it's not going to give your healers any help really. doubt they will even notice. your poor priest is just sitting there killing his dps.

I think in their case 12-13 is not managable. The important part is to decide on a number of sparks to get down and focus the boss the other wave of sparks ignoring them. We are usually at about 34% when going into the last phase. My advise would be to go and kill 4 sparks each wave, that should be managable relatively easy by every class (I'm a Fire mage I know what I talk about ).

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Hey guys I had a question to run by you, my team is 4/6 MSV and 1/6 HoF, and we decided to finish MSV up before moving on. Anyways, we're having trouble with and transitioning into Phase 3 Elegon, even with clean stacks moving in, adds on the tank, it seems like a tremendous amount of damage coming out the second Elegon transitions over.

Here's our raid comp, two healing, so you can see what kind of cooldowns we have at our disposal.

We have our Resto Druid use Symbiosis on our Shadow Priest, so he gets a Tranq. We make the Priest Tranq as we move in but it really seems like it just falls apart there. 33% has been our best attempt but that was with just barely spending time in Phase 3.
    Any suggestions on how to alleviate some of this damage or just get right into it?

Thanks!
    Nuke the pillars down AS FAST AS YOU CAN. This will reduce the amount of adds that spawn in this transition phase. As soon as the floor is up. EVERYONE stand on the floor to deal 50% more damage and take 50% more healing. When you are safely into the last phase. Range and healers stand close to the outside so you can reset your stacks instantly without having to run all the way from the middle (If you stack in the middle on last phase) Regularly reset your stacks when your doing insta casts as not to affect DPS or healing on the boss. As a mage I reset when I living bomb or insta pyro.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:18 PM ----------

Ranged and healers Stack near the outside so healers can AOE heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Nuke the pillars down AS FAST AS YOU CAN. This will reduce the amount of adds that spawn in this transition phase. As soon as the floor is up.
    Bullshiiiit!!!!

This has been proved incorrect dozens of times now. Pillars need to die as close to each other as possible timewise. This is a world apart from "nuke pillars down as fast as you can" Refrain from giving blatantly wrong advice please, what you told them to do is a key point that prevents most groups getting a kill.

No :S they dont even need to die close to each other at all. What the actual fuck are you talking about. That phase is dependant on one thing. How long the pillars are up for. The faster they go down, the shorter the phase. The lesser the adds.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:50 PM ----------

The phase doesnt move forward if the pillars are down....... As soon as they go down he does his RP then a little time after that the floor comes back.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:52 PM ----------

And since I have done this with my 10 man kills and my guild have downed this on 25 man HC you would of thought I'd know a thing or 2 on what the fuck to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    No :S they dont even need to die close to each other at all. What the actual fuck are you talking about. That phase is dependant on one thing. How long the pillars are up for. The faster they go down, the shorter the phase. The lesser the adds.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:50 PM ----------

The phase doesnt move forward if the pillars are down....... As soon as they go down he does his RP then a little time after that the floor comes back.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:52 PM ----------

And since I have done this with my 10 man kills and my guild have downed this on 25 man HC you would of thought I'd know a thing or 2 on what the fuck to do.
    You're wrong. for every pillar that goes down the spawntime of the adds get faster and faster, so killing the pillars at the same time makes sure you get less adds.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what you are dying from but as we did the fight the first times was killing 4 waves both times, i guess your lock and maybe fire mage might have some trouble with theirs if they get unlucky so put tanks to assist them. At the fifth wave just keep nuking the boss until the pillars spawn then switch. I assume you group up at the box in front of him, if not i suggest you do. What i did as a warriortank there was to get there as one of the first and put up my taunting banner, then we had our second tank just run past the banner with his adds and be ready to run in to tank the boss when the floor comes up. Everyone step in and start nuking elegon, and i finish of the adds by myself in a couple of seconds (the dpsers have been dpsing them until floor spawn) then we switch tank at 6 stacks. I think we managed to handle the chaos in the start of that phase by using tranq until things settled down, make sure everyone use healthstones and such to top themself before resetting stacks. The warrior can use shield wall while finishing the adds in case the rest of the group is low. The banner really makes the adds a cake

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    You're wrong. for every pillar that goes down the spawntime of the adds get faster and faster, so killing the pillars at the same time makes sure you get less adds.
    So how am i wrong still :S i didnt say DPS one down at a time did i ?? I said DPS them down as fast as you can. So what they all go down together. Just do it fucking ASAP. Im not wrong. The faster they go down. The shorter the phase. The less adds you have. If people are slacking and one isnt going down as fast as the others then get a tank do help DPS it whilst picking the adds up or just replace the shit DPSr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Bullshiiiit!!!!

This has been proved incorrect dozens of times now. Pillars need to die as close to each other as possible timewise. This is a world apart from "nuke pillars down as fast as you can" Refrain from giving blatantly wrong advice please, what you told them to do is a key point that prevents most groups getting a kill.
    --edit--(redcinder was partially correct)
    he does however start his add spawning if you don't kill them quick enough.
    2 tank 2 heal, go for 5 draw powers (kill 4 adds let 5th hit)
    blow hero last phase as soon as the adds are killed.

the 2 tanks, one gets left one gets right, and helps the dps that kills their add slowest(think locks..pets are wonky on this fight lol)
    as soon as your add dies help finish off the other,

main point is to save mana, SAVE IT till the last phase, you will need it.
    and priest with symbio, use it at the start of last phase, then VE right after.

rogue feints locks get the spelldamage reduction semibuff...used to anyway idk about now lol...anyway besides that

HOW you reset your stacks counts a ton also, since when you leave the circle that phase you take a damage hit soon as you step out to reset stacks, as well as being outside of the aoe heals,
    hit a damage reduction then run out asap
    (lock gate stone for healers so they can get in and out FAST)
    everyone should only need to reset stacks once, except for tanks,
    just about every breath tank swap and reset stacks.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.