Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do we have to save the orcs?

This is a question about the story. Why do you think orcs get so many second chances when we never give those to any other race? Why do we need orcs to be at full strength to fight the legion? I am asking this because this is the most common excuse. !We need to be together at all costs or the legion will win! We never give this reasoning to all the other races that alliance and horde attack and destroy, we don't try to unite with them. We don't think about legion's coming when we invade and steal their lands. We kill them all for even smaller offences. We don't mostly try to look for goodness in these 'evil' races,but orcs are all forgiven because of thrall and some few.

And that is why i think that Siege of Orgrimmar should be presented as a blow to orcish aggressive mentality and remind them they are not always be gonna be tolerated and they are not irreplaceable. They should see their ideals crushed. Not just heroic rebels saving the city from a tyrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs in general are a race that unless someone leads them in the right direction, they are lead by temptation for war and conquest.
    They have a lot of maturing to do as a species, and since there corruption to the legion, the only time they got that chance was after WC3, where Thrall broke them out from there prisons and had them rebuild.

People think that having the orcs fight alongside the humans against the legion and scourge, or having them live in a desert is an offense to them as a people. But we have seen what happens if the orcs are not tested and given the idea its ok to give into there bloodlust, they need a leader to pretty much show them where they need to follow.

I will highlight something though, since the time of wc3 and before cataclysm, the orcs were still a decent people and they were maturing as a race, they manage to put aside old hatreds enough to fight against a common foe, they managed to work alongside factions like the circle, argent crusade, kirin tor and shattrath, proving they had put aside there old ways.

Its only now because of Garrosh and how he leads them they have taken a take back. The blind leading the blind more of less. But if you look deep enough into the story, you will find not every orc wants this, there are orcs that want to put aside the endless warring and just settle down, live in peace in there own lands and be left alone.

The chance should then be given to those orcs who both don't follow Garrosh's idealism and those who are trapped by his tyrannical rule, The rest who have just given into it and now believe only Garrosh's way of doing things, they can all die, since there way of thinking will never allow the orcs to mature as a race.
    #boycottchina

While I am certainly no lore buff, from what I've read over the years orcs are simply pro-war or against it. Certain groups crave warfare others do it out of necessity, and essentially all orcs go balls-deep when they have to fight whether they like it or not. A lot of groups don't want war however.

I could be completely wrong but I don't think so, wish I could add specifics but I'd need to freshen up.

Keep telling yourself that orcs are the only race ever given a second chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time in a long time i would have to agree with thrask he summed it up. Alot of Orcs only follow Hellscream because he is the warchief. Azeroth needs every orc as much as every human to fight the legion and hellscream is wasting them on alliance. That being said if the Twilights Hammer had not tricked both sides the peace talk would have worked. The night elves would have traded with the orcs and they wouldn't have had to attack ashenvale just for resources.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    For the first time in a long time i would have to agree with thrask he summed it up. Alot of Orcs only follow Hellscream because he is the warchief. Azeroth needs every orc as much as every human to fight the legion and hellscream is wasting them on alliance. That being said if the Twilights Hammer had not tricked both sides the peace talk would have worked. The night elves would have traded with the orcs and they wouldn't have had to attack ashenvale just for resources.
    It might have been so, but even if they did, Garrosh would have still gone down the road he's on. Even before wrath, he was considered a hothead by both sides. So while the night elves might have agreed with it, deathwing would still have come, Thrall would still have left, and Garrosh would still have gone down this road. Perhaps though if the twilight hammer hadn't gotten involved, Cairne would still be alive, and governing Garrosh heavily...

I miss cairne...
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I've been wondering the same. The orcs keep causing far more death, bloodshed and destruction than what they "help" to avert. Other races could deal better with the Legion and other threats, if they wouldn't constantly need to keep half of their armies watching their backs against orcish treachery. In Icecrown the orcs were vile enough to attack the back of an Alliance army that was fighting the Scourge and was about to win the battle - until the orcs ensured that the day was lost, for both of them.

They are a main part of Warcraft as a series, so I don't see the point of letting them die.

It was shown time and time again that orcs quickly go to their rage phase whenever they dont have somehow competent leader. Personaly, I wouldnt risk anything and obliterate the remnants.

Deleted
    What I find funny at the moment is that Garrosh is a Mag'Har, an uncorrupted Orc, yet he is doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    What I find funny at the moment is that Garrosh is a Mag'Har, an uncorrupted Orc, yet he is doing this.
    Just shows how the whole "peacefull shamanistic tribes" thing is bullshit. So far the most ruthless orc generals are brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It might have been so, but even if they did, Garrosh would have still gone down the road he's on. Even before wrath, he was considered a hothead by both sides. So while the night elves might have agreed with it, deathwing would still have come, Thrall would still have left, and Garrosh would still have gone down this road. Perhaps though if the twilight hammer hadn't gotten involved, Cairne would still be alive, and governing Garrosh heavily...

I miss cairne...
    Thats the point cairne was tricked. He would still be around to bitch slap hellscream when he was being a dickhead if it wasn't for the twilight hammer.

If only Dranosh Saurfang didn't get chopped in half. Hellscream would still be standing in Northrend bored.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because Blizzard couldn't think of anything else to do with the race than recycle WC2 and 3.

Hopefully they learn their lesson this time. It's getting repetitive. >.<
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-11-12 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    We never give this reasoning to all the other races that alliance and horde attack and destroy, we don't try to unite with them. We don't think about legion's coming when we invade and steal their lands. We kill them all for even smaller offences.
    What other races?

And we've never really given the orcs a second chance. They were captured and kept in internment camps. Thrall busted them out.

So? He is being corrupted by the sha, which was created from an old god..

Quote Originally Posted by bigdubs View Post
    Though he already committed quite a few crimes, long before Pandaria was discovered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdubs View Post
    We don't know that yet. Using the Sha and being corrupted by it are two different things.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    All that negative emotion from his youth in Nagrand.. maybe taking control of the horde forced him to push that stuff down deep but its still there

And for the sha someone with that much emotional baggage is like a freshly cooked turkey on the christmas table

Deleted
    I kind of like Garrosh, but since he crossed the line I just felt sad for him. He has the mindset of a true warlord, but he ended up being tyrannical and plots murder against his own colleagues and people, there is where his downfall is at.

Well, you wouldn't have lost so much had one of your pathetic Alliance leaders would have thrown off their mantle of leadership and "us vs. them" mentality and saved the all of Azeroth. But now that that is done (by an orc!) your raging human leader can now become the benevolent leader you so want.

Oh hey, wasn't it the human's archbishop who tried to stop Thrall from saving the world?

Yup, who is the evil race here? I laugh at your idea of claiming there is only one foul party at play here.

If you think Garrosh is is doing this solely, maybe you should follow the story of the Burning Blade in Hellfire Chasm. Not saying he's innocent, but something else pushes him further maddening him.

...like father like son.